Retribution (7.0.3) - Updated 7/25/2016

Paladin
Post Limit:
Prev 1 9 10 11 38 Next
09/17/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Svayne
The trade-off of burning HoPo generators first is that you're potentially wasting DP procs

I don't see how you can waste them considering DP only procs off HP spells not generators. Unless you don't use it before it expires you can't 'lose' dp procs.
Time is money. Time is also more DP procs. They proc off of themselves since anything you burn them for is a finisher. If you spend 10 seconds using skills other than a finisher with a DP proc up, that's a good 5-9 potential DP procs you've wasted by not burning the original one.

AoW procs and DP procs are "wasted" in different ways. You lose AoW procs by not having Exo on CD beforehand. You waste potential DP procs by not burning them.
AoW procs can be wasted by delating exo. DP procs can't be lost unless you let DP expire before using TV.

All I'm saying is there is room for HP generators before using the DP proc. Even if it procced off itself 5 times is a row, the player that used exo before the procs will be on 5hp after the use of all 5 DPs, the player that burned DP straight away would be at 4 HP with one global to use before being at the same point as the Exo player. They would fill this global with Exorcism, making the only difference between each scenario be that the Exo players exorcism will be off cd before the DP players.
09/17/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Ephogy
DP procs can't be lost unless you let DP expire before using TV.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

There's logic behind delaying DP procs. There's logic behind burning DP immediately. Regardless, I'm just going by what SimC and Exemplar's spreadsheets are telling me.
Gotta' keep this on page one for the newbie Rets!

/non-constructive post

Edit: I've started working on stat weight tables for level 90. I won't actually post them until a week or two after launch however. Lots can still change between now and then.
Oh, btw, Svayne, got bored the other day and did some additional math that you can toss into your main post on Glyph of Immediate Truth. First, just gonna say the glyph is complete garbage in any situation. The reason I say that is because in order for it to be a dps increase, you need to make roughly 5-6 attacks in between each Censure tick that procs Seal of Truth damage.

Oh, and once 4t14 is obtained, everyone should run Sanctified Wrath. Thirty second 20% ever minute and 34 seconds makes for a lot of uptime on wings.
09/20/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Sevilon
Oh, btw, Svayne, got bored the other day and did some additional math that you can toss into your main post on Glyph of Immediate Truth. First, just gonna say the glyph is complete garbage in any situation. The reason I say that is because in order for it to be a dps increase, you need to make roughly 5-6 attacks in between each Censure tick that procs Seal of Truth damage.

It was pretty clear that it's a DPS loss, but it's pretty hilarious how many attacks you'd need to get in between ticks... thanks for the maths. Will include it in the FAQ when I update for 90 in a week or so.

09/20/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Sevilon
Oh, and once 4t14 is obtained, everyone should run Sanctified Wrath. Thirty second 20% ever minute and 34 seconds makes for a lot of uptime on wings.

Figured as much. :)

Edit: I'll be updating the talents and stats sections sometime after I hit 90. Lots more stuff. Breakdowns of each talent tier will be given and a full table of stat weights will be provided ranging from full pre-raid to full normal mode BiS to full heroic BiS.

Edit2: I'm currently looking for some numbers on PvP gear, set bonuses, and (most importantly) PvP glove damage bonuses. I'd like to know if any combination of PvP gear will hold any bearing over PvE gear in early T14 a la early Cataclysm. If anyone has time to look that over, please let us know.
BAD GUIDE!

YOU NO GO TO PAGE 3!

NO TREAT FOR YOU!
BAD GUIDE!

YOU NO GO TO PAGE 3!

NO TREAT FOR YOU!

It keeps getting off of its leash. :(
BAD GUIDE!

YOU NO GO TO PAGE 3!

NO TREAT FOR YOU!

It keeps getting off of its leash. :(

Yep found it on the top of page 2.
I'm not seeing how pursuit of justice > long arm.

We're constantly judging and can do it at a range for when we need to get places/move fast where as we aren't typically running around with holy power since ideally you burn it before you have to get out of dodge or rebuff inq.
I'm not seeing how pursuit of justice > long arm.

We're constantly judging and can do it at a range for when we need to get places/move fast where as we aren't typically running around with holy power since ideally you burn it before you have to get out of dodge or rebuff inq.

Generic winner, most benefit over time regardless of external conditions. I'm not saying that it isn't better to run Long Arm for many different situations or encounters. I will be clarifying all of that in the next update, which will be Soon™.
Sevilon here. Svayne, as much as I'd love to continue throwing math out there for you to help you out, I'm not going to be playing pally for a while. Have fun and have some good info for me to check out when I do finally start working on my pally again.
09/28/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Selias
Sevilon here. Svayne, as much as I'd love to continue throwing math out there for you to help you out, I'm not going to be playing pally for a while. Have fun and have some good info for me to check out when I do finally start working on my pally again.

Thanks for the heads up. I will do my best. :)
Okay the old guide has been de-stickied.

NOW STICKY THIS ONE!
Okay the old guide has been de-stickied.

NOW STICKY THIS ONE!

Don't tell me what to do Cely!

You're not my Mother.

Actually, I can't say that for a fact.

ಠ_ಠ
Level 90 update in progress.
Fully updated for level 90. Please let me know if you find anything that needs correcting.

Edit: I'll be adding on three new sections soon. They will cover the following: stat weights, how to use said stat weights, and how to really master the spec (little tips and tricks and what-not).

Please feel free to submit any special tips you may have for mastering Retribution for the mastery section. I'm also open to addon and macro suggestions for those sections. Thanks. :)
10/03/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Svayne
Please let me know if you find anything that needs correcting.

Yeah 2 things

1. Not stickied yet.
2. On page 2.

10/03/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Svayne
Please feel free to submit any special tips you may have for mastering Retribution for the mastery section. I'm also open to addon and macro suggestions for those sections. Thanks. :)

Once again and forever more powerauras.

And i know this seems obvious but every melee class should macro /startattack to their most used combat ability. I combine mine with a rogue finder macro:

#showtooltip Crusader Strike
/startattack
/console targetNearestDistance 15.000000
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
/cast [harm,nodead] Crusader Strike
/dismount [target=target,exists]
Good guide

But downvoted cause it was made by the Ugly option of Female Blood Elves

Will upvote if you can change the OP to your female draenei