Retribution (7.0.3) - Updated 7/25/2016

Paladin
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 38 Next
07/26/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Sevilon
Svaine, I'm going to hurt you.

I understand.
I haven't had time to research, but I just picked up the tentacle sword (at long last!) and it's piqued my curiosity in whether this order is still correct:

LFR Gurthalak < NM DS weaponry < Normal Gurthalak < Heroic DS weaponry < Heroic Gurthalak.

Can anyone confirm or correct? If it's wrong I need to change it in the guide.
I forgot what is the exact number at which you trade out the SoT glyph for crusader strike assuming you are UNABLE to reforge off the excess exp?

20expertise before the glyph?
Yeah, that's what it has been since the proc rate was hotfixed for us. Basically purely by ilvl, with the axe being superior to the mace because crit/mast > crit/haste.

Which means that LFR Gurth is probably also below FL 391's and 384 Sulf (and maybe 397 pvp) but TBH nobody ever talks about old tier weapons or pvp weapons in regards to current gearing. It's something that would need to be simmed based on individual gear.

I forgot what is the exact number at which you trade out the SoT glyph for crusader strike assuming you are UNABLE to reforge off the excess exp?

It was 21 last I remember but that was T11. These days it's really hard to get that level of expertise without making a huge mistake.
Yeah, that's what it has been since the proc rate was hotfixed for us. Basically purely by ilvl, with the axe being superior to the mace because crit/mast > crit/haste.

Which means that LFR Gurth is probably also below FL 391's and 384 Sulf (and maybe 397 pvp) but TBH nobody ever talks about old tier weapons or pvp weapons in regards to current gearing. It's something that would need to be simmed based on individual gear.

Thanks, very helpful. I'll probably go ahead and do some sims to be sure I'm upgrading. I'm moving from 384 Sulf to 403 Gurth though, so I'm sure I am.

I recall reading that even with only half of the expertise from the GoSoT being effective, it still trumps CS. That considered, I'd assume 22 or so expertise. Having too much expertise hasn't really been an issue since T11 though. I wouldn't worry about it.
403 definitely is. If it was 390, I wouldn't use it over Sulf even if it was a minor upgrade.
Aye. I'm not bothering with the sim. The two gem slots in addition to the secondaries on Sulf would be too valuable to take the 390 Gurth over, but the 403 is an obvious upgrade.

Egh, I hate being rusty.
I asked because there was somone on this forum asking to help with their gear a little bit back (mostly non-raiding T12) and he had like 23 expertise despite all his efforts and i told him to switch glyphs for now get some upgrades without expertise and then reglyph when he was around 20 expertise pre glyph.

Wanted to make sure i told him right.
Made some changes to section 10.1 Min/Maxing to reflect the fact that BS >> JC right.

Edit: Updated sections 4.1 Single Target and 4.2 T13 2-piece Set Bonus with revised priority queues.
Bump vause it is that great
Aryll this guide!
Stayin' alive! Stayin' alive! Oo- Oo- Oo- Oo--

Massive revamp coming sometime around MoP launch. Hoping to condense the guide a bit in preparation for the truckloads of new info and theorycrafting that's bound to start spewing out of ElitistJerks and such.
Edit: I may not be updating for MoP at all. In fact, I might end up playing my Death Knight...
08/22/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Svayne
Edit: I may not be updating for MoP at all. In fact, I might end up playing my Death Knight...

NOOOOOOOO!

I need your guide in order to top the charts!
Quick, judge him with BoG before he rerolls!
Edit: Updates in progress. The initial rewrite will be exclusively for level 85s.
Guide is fully updated for patch 5.0. It is 85-current and will be updated for 90 when the time comes.
Bumping this.
Man, stupid patch dropping my axe from second best weapon into the worst weapon in DS after passing on that stupid mace to DK tanks twice. Not to mention the expt from the mace or sword would be so dammed useful right now, stupid rng.
It is a bummer. Axe dropped on patch week for us and I gave it to our DK since it's not even BiS after Gurth anymore. So now I'm going to be stuck with Gurth until MoP unless another axe drops. QQ