Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 51 Next
I just wish the faire was open all the time, rather be there than org.
And If it was open all the time people could get the items at thier own pace instead of only having a small timeframe to work towards the exspensive items.
It'll still take FOUR MONTHS. In the time it'd take to get the full set, I can level two or three alts to level 85, by which point I won't have any use for the replica armor, as I can get better looking stuff by that point that a higher level character will be able to farm from raids and such. Nevermind getting enough sets for two or three alts. I don't want to be a year older before I can get enough replica armor for just three alts.
well on a side note you have 3 alts and the gear is boe so in theory your able to get at least 2 peices per fair per toon do that on 3 toons is 6 peices almost there, and tabard techinically cover chest but that not really a major thing
12/06/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Moused
And really she has no idea what rep grinds were really like back in vanilla or TBC...heck I bet she can't remember which dungeons or raids needed for you to get attuned too to get in them.

Dude....I played a feral druid in TBC. Grinding for the tank hammer from Cenarion rep was a NIGHTMARE. /cries and rocks back and forth in a corner
I've been doing the dailies every day and I run dungeons and battlegrounds whenever I have nothing else to do.

I have never seen these "Artifact" things - Ever.

How can I make 100+ tickets a day?
12/06/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Phoebie
Dude....I played a feral druid in TBC. Grinding for the tank hammer from Cenarion rep was a NIGHTMARE. /cries and rocks back and forth in a corner

I ground out the rep for the tank axe. Got it a few weeks before BC. Still have and id use it for transmog but we didnt get a tanking axe this expac.
12/06/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Phoebie

alll i have to say is the epic mount quests ya know before they gave them to the whiners
I've been doing the dailies every day and I run dungeons and battlegrounds whenever I have nothing else to do.

Do you have the "Darkmoon Field Guide" in your inventory? I've seen the artifacts, but the drop rates are also low.
Kraai

have you picked up the quest book whatever its called ? also they dont just drop on every boss it seems to be limited to certain ones ive posted the list several times as for the pvp one do av = lot of looting :) better odds of getting them
The profession quests give you 20 if you have all 6. 4 per main and 3 per secondary. Some of my toons couldn't pick up the DMF quest which gives 5 tickets. And then you get 35 of the dailies and 10 from testing your strength. That's 70. Provided I can do this 7x a day I can get one replica set a month which is not to bad. The problem is the companions and mounts since they are bop. If they were at least boa I could deal with it much better because I could do it on more then 1 toon.
Yes. I still haven't deleted the paladin I HATE playing because of the charger FoS I have on it.
It's about time we've had a voice of reason. There is no excuse for these items to be so expensive in the first place.
12/06/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Narvi
It's about time we've had a voice of reason. There is no excuse for these items to be so expensive in the first place.

sure there is they are trying to make it so the player base has to come back
There excuse is that they want you to waste time. That's why darkmoon faire is once a month, you have to pay money per faire so more money for them. They're just being greedy.
As far as I know, the artifacts can only be turned in (at best) once per month. I had the grimoire drop a second time and could not repeat the quest (I believe on different days too).

Counting artifacts (once per month) brings tokens up to about 140 per month I believe. That is still kind of rough for anyone hoping to complete a transmog set or collect pets/mounts.
god, if you stop complaining for a minute and just look at it in the long run, your suppossed to take a break from w.o.w, so having only one ticket per quest isnt some outrage, its just making things hard to get, making you play more, making them more money, its not rocket-science, and secondly, im sorry if i seem like im just being an !@#, but stop complaining about this kinda $%^-, i mean the developers put alot of work, a simple quest to you is hours of programming to them, you *!@#$ and moan about them not giving you enouph credits, you are impatient if you cant just wait to do something, i mean honestly, how hard is it to wait, twidle your thumbs or something, or wait for it.... GO OUTSIDE do something, sheesh, and one last thing, you complain so much and you never stop and thank someone, everyone gave ya what you wanted and didnt expect nothing out of it. im just glad they give us an opportunity at the items, and its not like there going to change it dramaticly any time soon, so its not a big deal. id personally like to thank the developers who spend there time reading this %^-* and making the game a better experiance, so, thanks.And if i insulted you with this, i apologize because i know im blunt.
Have a good one :)
I /thread-ed the last one by simply stating that you don't know if the yellow quests will be available on every appearance of the faire, or not.

If they are, that means you can get a pet every time it appears.
12/06/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Littledeer
The problem is the companions and mounts since they are bop. If they were at least boa I could deal with it much better because I could do it on more then 1 toon.
Don't forget that pets are allegedly becoming account wide when MoP releases. If you can wait that long, you can use alts to finish collecting all the pets in just one week ;)
12/06/2011 01:02 PMPosted by Bakabridget
There excuse is that they want you to waste time. That's why darkmoon faire is once a month, you have to pay money per faire so more money for them. They're just being greedy.
why would they sudenly change something thats been in the game for years as a once a month thing to something permanent your argument is stupid
items are boe, want the lookalike dungeon sets faster then farm it on multiple chars / buy them.
Want the mounts? Then it's a grind like any other mount from a vendor in this game.