Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 51 Next
Ok, so here's a test for all of you "I love working hard!" people. Next time you want to buy a new outfit or piece of clothing put 10lb weights on each limb. Walk to the furthest mall/store in the cold or high heat while having to stop for 3 hours each way at the halfway mark. Fun right! I mean, you're really working hard for that outfit, which must mean you're having a blast.
12/06/2011 01:19 PMPosted by Fizwick
Ok, so here's a test for all of you "I love working hard!" people. Next time you want to buy a new outfit or piece of clothing put 10lb weights on each limb. Walk to the furthest mall/store in the cold or high heat while having to stop for 3 hours each way at the halfway mark. Fun right! I mean, you're really working hard for that outfit, which must mean you're having a blast.
i think your making it out to be way more work then it actually is lol which just puts you further in the i whine/ am lazy / ignorant category
I don't think all of you get the point when we say that the items are too costly. It's not a matter of hard work, it's a matter of a lack of content being needlessly stretched out over months of time. It's not hard to get artifacts (excepting treatise), but you can only turn in one of each type monthly, the dailies are a complete joke, and I finish them in 5 minutes. Aside from that, you get what, 5 tickets a win in Deathmatch? Which, by the way, is an RNG pit of either grouping up into a raid and spamming the chest or getting lucky in a FFA battle.

This game is NOT hard, and it doesn't take work to get tickets. It just takes way too much time (on the basis of months; individual days take about 5 minutes to finish up at the DMF). There is not much content at the DMF, and I'm disappointed by that.

Oh wow in light of your masterful argument I've finally seen the light. This replica armors would be so much better if they were fully farmable in under a month and all over the auction house for around 100 gold a piece.

It's not about the grind, it's about making things last, and if all the prizes are easily obtainable why even waste the time making the content? Why not just mail everyone the replica armor?
I don't think all of you get the point when we say that the items are too costly. It's not a matter of hard work, it's a matter of a lack of content being needlessly stretched out over months of time.

How long do you think this "lack of content" should last then? A month? Two months? It just amazes me to see people claim they're stretching something out too far just because you can't complete it in under a month. That's the nature of the Dark Moon Faire, it only comes around once a month. So naturally you might have to be patient and wait awhile for a reward.

It's kind of amazing to see even after Blizzard has buckled so much to the crowds of people who want to be constantly rewarded for simply logging in, that it's still not enough.
You can get 130+ tickets every month (I don't remember the exact number). Stop crying. Enjoy that feeling of something to look forward to for a week out of the month. I know I will. It's a cool addition... and I'll probably be doing it every time it's up until I get everything.

Oh and trust me: you say it's boring to do all of the dailies and repeatable monthly quests (allegedly), but come next month I can guarantee that you're going to be running through that little pathway overlooking the fair going, "alright lets get some fricken tickets."
12/06/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Gulvak

Oh wow in light of your masterful argument I've finally seen the light. This replica armors would be so much better if they were fully farmable in under a month and all over the auction house for around 100 gold a piece.

It's not about the grind, it's about making things last, and if all the prizes are easily obtainable why even waste the time making the content? Why not just mail everyone the replica armor?

Make things last for what? For the sake of making them last? If you could read you could see that no one is asking for items to be given to them, mailed to them or handed to them. People are saying that this "Faire" is not fun. The work outweighs the rewards. Considering that there are about a dozen threads on the same topic you defenders and Blizz might want to listen. Work is fine. Work in the place of fun is not.
12/06/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Krelil
i think your making it out to be way more work then it actually is lol which just puts you further in the i whine/ am lazy / ignorant category

Oh well. I guess I'm a whiner and you're a fanboy than. I think I'd rather be a whiner, though. At least my opinion is my own.
So, those of you who are complaining that the concept of dailies is a giant suckfest: Did you forget that Blizzard is a for proffit organization? MMOs make money by keeping subscribers. Daily quests and long wait times between the start of a goal and the completion of it is one way that MMOs keep subscribers. Is this fun? Nope. That doesn't negate the fact that this MMO is run by a business that likes money. I don't blame them, I like money too. I'm not saying I don't wish they weren't so in your face about how they go about things or even secretly wish we had something new in the daily grind option of the game on a regular basis because I get bored easily. The bottom line is making you wait a long time to be rewarded for your dailies is how they keep you paying a monthly fee. Crying about it isn't going to change anything.
This game is to daily based. I prefer the long time consuming grinds from vanilla over the limited daily garbage any day.

If someone wants to spend 100 hours grinding, that's their decision. It's a poorly designed system has been since BC, but it's getting extremely out of control on X amount of dailies every day = this shiny new _____.
This is why I hate not only the high prices and limited tickets of the faire, but the pets/mounts being ONLY in holiday loot bags and being BoP on top of it. I would queue up all day to farm a boss that drops a pet, or to get a holiday bag with a BoE pet/mount, but with the current system, I take only this toon. Having 2 healers and 2 tanks, that makes everyone else's queue that much longer.

These rewards are no longer about working hard for something, it's about blizzard slowly feeding us a sandwich 1 breadcrumb at a time.
12/06/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Mevanwi
Why do people always want everything, right now? Yes, it will take some time to get everything you want...

No-one is stomping their feet and screaming they want it now. If things where reverted to the way it was on PTR it would take five months via dailies to get the two mounts and six pets. Five months isn't exactly a short period of time. Even with the PTR numbers, it would be a slower grind than the Argent Tourney, which everyone loves to hate for how slow it is.

Having to pray to the RNG gods so you can complete your goals in seven to eight months or wait several years to complete completely cosmetic rewards is down right absurd.
Ok, so here's a test for all of you "I love working hard!" people. Next time you want to buy a new outfit or piece of clothing put 10lb weights on each limb. Walk to the furthest mall/store in the cold or high heat while having to stop for 3 hours each way at the halfway mark. Fun right! I mean, you're really working hard for that outfit, which must mean you're having a blast

I didnt say i love working hard. Im the laziest person in the world. But i do figure out what i need to do to get what i want in game and in life and i do that. I could do just the dailies and get all that i want in a year. I choose to instead get what i want the faster way buy spending more time and effort to get the tickets and ill have all my stuff in 4 months. When people come here and say they CANT get what they want i show them how they can with effort. Heading into rfc for 20 minutes and then doing a BG isnt work, its fun for me. Maybe it isnt fun for others, guess they wont have all their stuff before 2013.
12/06/2011 01:25 PMPosted by Fizwick
Make things last for what? For the sake of making them last?

Yes, things having lasting appeal is better than them becoming a ghost town incredibly quickly. It does more good for the game to have a few things that last awhile than be filled with a bunch of monthly hub areas that no one will ever visit again because they got everything in under a week.

If you could read you could see that no one is asking for items to be given to them, mailed to them or handed to them. People are saying that this "Faire" is not fun. The work outweighs the rewards.

Is there any amount of work in this game that you don't think outweighs the rewards? Honestly, I want you to name one pet or mount which you thought was an effective reward for the amount of work you put into it. I really can't even gauge what you expect, since this isn't that much worse than other grinds, it just is a little longer since it only shows up once a month. Frankly I'm happy I won't have to do the damn dailies every day of the month.

Considering that there are about a dozen threads on the same topic you defenders and Blizz might want to listen. Work is fine. Work in the place of fun is not.

I'm sure somewhere there are a dozen threads about sex with barnyard animals. That's not a proper defense of it.

12/06/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Fizwick
Oh well. I guess I'm a whiner and you're a fanboy than. I think I'd rather be a whiner, though. At least my opinion is my own.

Everyone's opinion is their own, dimwit.
12/06/2011 01:26 PMPosted by Fizwick
first im a fraud now im a fanboy? lol no i just know how to play and enjoy this game frankly i hate doing dailys everyday dmf mean i only have to once a month for a week id say thats much better then say doing tol barad day after day grinding those mounts out , id say its a lot more refreshing and ive seen it alot oooo the gear is over priced the mounts are appropriate , the gear is boe wanna know what that means you can buy it from someone else , so go buy some more gold like you probably do and just buy these items that you want nownownow and keep being lazy about it
12/06/2011 01:28 PMPosted by Cozzene
I would queue up all day to farm a boss that drops a pet, or to get a holiday bag with a BoE pet/mount, but with the current system, I take only this toon. Having 2 healers and 2 tanks, that makes everyone else's queue that much longer.

oh wow Blizzard surely destroyed the LFD system with this whole darkmoon business. You know you can just get the items out of ZF, right?
I want my Old Tickets back.
I had hundreds. Farming Insane in the Membrane gave me hundreds of tickets for DMF. Now They have released the new Faire, Everyone will be able to get their DMF rep very easily, and they have found another way to @!%@ over the people who worked so hard for it before they made it easy. Just saying, the least they could have done was give me my tickets to get a head start.
I want my Old Tickets back.
I had hundreds. Farming Insane in the Membrane gave me hundreds of tickets for DMF. Now They have released the new Faire, Everyone will be able to get their DMF rep very easily, and they have found another way to @!%@ over the people who worked so hard for it before they made it easy. Just saying, the least they could have done was give me my tickets to get a head start.

The tickets were easily obtainable and how many you had had absolutely no relation to your insane achievement. So people simply would have pooled thousands and thousands of tickets and then bought everything day one. This decision would make the entire revamped Darkmoon Faire totally meaningless. The idea of making old tickets count is probably the absolute worst one I've ever heard.
How long do you think this "lack of content" should last then? A month? Two months? It just amazes me to see people claim they're stretching something out too far just because you can't complete it in under a month. That's the nature of the Dark Moon Faire, it only comes around once a month. So naturally you might have to be patient and wait awhile for a reward.

It's kind of amazing to see even after Blizzard has buckled so much to the crowds of people who want to be constantly rewarded for simply logging in, that it's still not enough.

Question: Do you feel fulfilled after spending 5 minutes at the fair daily? I wouldn't mind if it was at least a challenge or engaged me for a period greater than five minutes a day. As it stands, I don't look forward to these dailies (five simple tasks all completable in well under a minute), and it will only grow more tiresome as the months drag on.

If you went to a real carnival, would you save tickets from one month for the next time it was in town so you could get a bigger prize? Ask me if I care that this is a weak comparison. People like to be rewarded for mindless activities, I don't think this is wrong in a game that's supposed to be fun.

Next you'll be saying that people who don't want to spend 5+ months waiting on the DMF to come around casuals. Because completing these dailies obviously makes you hardcore, right? You seem to be quite passionate in your defense of Blizzard. Not all they make is righteous.
Sorry, but I guess I'm going to have to jump on the anti-whiner bandwagon here. I do the faire as something to pass the time away. The only complaint I have is they never backdated all the reputation turn-ins I did. Since, they stopped reputation in Classic at halfway through friendly.

Anyway, the Faire is only around for a week each month save your tickets and do the quests, keep the journal on you so you can get your artifacts and stop complaining. It is a game and the faire is not something you have to do to advance in it.

Now go have fun.
12/06/2011 01:36 PMPosted by Delekii
There is _NO_ reason we should have to slog repetitive dailies for 7 months to get completely non-functional, aesthetic-only pieces of gear. It's asinine.

Then dont do it. Or comment about it, pretend it never existed.