Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 51 Next
Judging by your grammar and sentence structure, I'd say you're in college by now. :-P
Seriously though, are you 12 years old or thereabouts? Every post I've read of yours in this thread has a certain lack of age/wisdom to it. We older folks can generally tell when a kid is posting versus an adult, mostly because their thoughts come out as a stream of garbage in print...

i know i know my grammar is awful but ouch :(

So is your "logic". But oh well, right?
12/06/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Gulvak
The most prominent aspect of a mature adult is their unavoidable desire to call out 12 year olds on an internet forum about video games.

Yes. That.
is this thread real life?
12/06/2011 01:51 PMPosted by Tuwah
Better now?
i should switch to mine just for the sake of being called one

Yes. Do it. Trolls are made of win.
12/06/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Dragomir
If people wish to farm a set of gear and all DMF pets/mounts, it'll take well over a year.

Well, maybe if anyone complaining about this used realistic figures they wouldn't be met with so much disdain? What is the general time frame you should have to get EVERYTHING from a content patch, anyway? What would be acceptable figures here, a month for a transmog set and 3 months to get every pet and mount? So basically we're going to have three to four Dark Moon Faires and it will be a ghost town, How is that fun?

12/06/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Dragomir
I'm merely trying to convey that this concept (the DMF) is not 'fun'.

That's a critique of the content and you're just doing it poorly.
12/06/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Fizwick
So is your "logic". But oh well, right?
ewwww gnome, hows that for logic?
12/06/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Crazytroll
is this thread real life?

No. In real like I'm a cute faced, pink haired gnome.
Thank you Krelil

Looks like only one run yesterday would have had a chance.

Does it have to be my level or can I just do quick ticket runs through the lower ones?
12/06/2011 01:56 PMPosted by Gulvak
I'm merely trying to convey that this concept (the DMF) is not 'fun'.

That's a critique of the content and you're just doing it poorly.

You're critiquing me. In that case, tell me how it is fun. Oh, you can't, my bad for calling you out.
Thank you Krelil

Does it have to be my level or can I just do quick ticket runs through the lower ones?

any one you want :) rfc sm and zf are all good i hear
Thank you Krelil

It seems like you can do quick runs through the lower level ones. Right now I'm doing Stratholme for the quest items and the mount.

Does anyone feel like referring to the time taken as "months" is kind of disingenuous? It's one week of "work" and then time spent doing other things, if the Dark Moon Faire can't manage to be something people look forward to doesn't it fail? If you could get everything on the first week would it still be right to say it's going to take you "a month"?
12/06/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Larimar

Unless they fix it you can go through any instance and get the artifacts. I farmed one in RFC yesterday on this and another toon.

I still think the idea of spending a year on a set of cosmetic gear is insane.

Well then it's a good thing that claiming the replica sets take "a year" is a complete and utter fabrication!

Excuse me, I probably should have written that better. Getting THE replica sets (rather than A) should take a year (Or a little more, depending on completeness of the sets, etc).

Either way, my opinion that more than 2 months per set for simple stat-less gear is a bit much still applies!
12/06/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Breslau
I think Fizwick's argument is spot on. It's not the time spent to get the items, its that the items do not merit the time spent.

It is not that people don't want to work/put in time , people want want their work and time put in to be worth more.

Personally I am surprised by how many people want thier video games to be work.
Thank you for the help.
Judging by your grammar and sentence structure, I'd say you're in college by now. :-P
Seriously though, are you 12 years old or thereabouts? Every post I've read of yours in this thread has a certain lack of age/wisdom to it. We older folks can generally tell when a kid is posting versus an adult, mostly because their thoughts come out as a stream of garbage in print...

Because if I can't win an arguement with you, I'm gonna insult your intelligence/wisdom instead.
You're critiquing me. In that case, tell me how it is fun.

I said this earlier but it's nice to have some low impact quick quests in a daily hub that let me choose from a lot of rewards. They're all dumb little mini-games but it's about as much fun or challenge as I get in tanking Morchok.

Oh, you can't, my bad for calling you out.

Gosh, now I really feel bad for ever critiquing you, you're really a wordsmith and a gentleman.
12/06/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Gulvak
you're really a wordsmith and a gentleman

Lying is a sin.
12/06/2011 02:01 PMPosted by Bloodnightx
It is not that people don't want to work/put in time , people want want their work and time put in to be worth more.

You're not really "putting in time" you say a month but it's only a week that you put in time. The rest of the time is just waiting. You can only do these things once a month, they're not a lot of work but it simply takes time because they can only be done once a month.

12/06/2011 02:01 PMPosted by Anarea
Either way, my opinion that more than 2 months per set for simple stat-less gear is a bit much still applies!

Like I said before, it's really not "2 months per set" it's a matter of hours per set, it simply is divided up between two months since the idea of a 24/7 faire is stupid.