Darkmoon Faire Island items -- too costly p.2

General Discussion
Prev 1 45 46 47 51 Next
if you can farm the dungeon itens outside darkmoon fairie, then it change things, but for the next only, those who dont have alot of time to farm things will lose the oportunity to get all the tickets they can in this darkmoon
The thing I hate about the new DMF is the Heirloom costs. I could care less about the mounts and vanity gear. I was looking forward to using the fair as a way to get BoAs on new realms. On the PTR when the dailies gave 5 tickets that was possible. Now it really isn't. I can lvl to 80 in the space of time I could get one BoA as a non max lvl toon.

My lvl 25 Shaman or my 22 warrior on Gnomeregan can't get the 5 man heroic or raid tickets and my highest lvl toon on the realm is a 77 mage so the only way to get BoAs to Gnomer is to grind JP spend money to transfer. The DMF had such potential but as it is now it is no more useful to me than it was before the change.

I like that getting the tickets is a little slow. It means we'll have to really think about which items we want first carefully. Rather than rush rush get them all.
You can farm most of the dungeon ones off of easily soloable content like Scarlet Monastary and Stockades - and they have VERY HIGH drop rates (1-3 kills, if you're killing the correct boss).
I'm not sure you can actually do this, the Adventurer's Guide you get says you get artifacts from "appropriately-challenging dungeons, raids, and battlegrounds."

If you can walk into SM at 85 and farm the blue artifacts, its very likely a bug and will be patched soon enough.
Just to clarify one point, the quest drops that happen in the dungeons/raids/BG’s happen all the time, even if the faire isn’t in town. Think of it sort of like the Darkmoon Card redemptions. You’re out playing all month, while you’re doing stuff you’re getting chances at the items, then when the faire is in town you turn it all in. (It’s also worth pointing out that the turn-in items aren’t soulbound, so just like the cards I’d expect some people to farm them just to put them up on the AH.)

It’s really just this first week and appearance of the faire that’s off because the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide wasn’t available for the 3 weeks prior. When it rolls around next month there should be better feel for how the whole system and ticket acquisition rate feels.

Ah, okay... that makes it better. :)

I was going to say, but there's no guarantee you'll get any dungeon drops at all in the week of the faire itself. I've seen one artifact drop and lost the roll on it. But if it goes on all month, that increases everyone's chances significantly.

Thank you for clearing that up!!

And oh... in before BUT MUH BAG SLOTZ!
12/07/2011 04:03 AMPosted by Halldór
I like that getting the tickets is a little slow. It means we'll have to really think about which items we want first carefully. Rather than rush rush get them all.

It's a nice change of pace. People having to think about things they want to work for. What a novel concept.
So, are the journal's from Dungeons/Bgs and the raid one repeatable once each time Darkmoon is around or is it a one time only? :)
i don't think its OP at all, remember you get the weekly quests every month aswell. i went to DMF the first day it opened and earnt 70 tickets.
12/07/2011 04:39 AMPosted by Álfa
So, are the journal's from Dungeons/Bgs and the raid one repeatable once each time Darkmoon is around or is it a one time only? :)

They are a once-per-faire event. Meaning, as soon as the Faire comes back to town, you can do them again.
12/06/2011 11:00 PMPosted by Krelil
there is a list that was posted several times in this thread that can be found on wow head with all the bosses that drop the loots its not a global thing as for ds im not sure but i got mine doing fl and everyone in the raid with the book could loot it

Thanks. I didn't see it because I didn't want to read through 40 pages.

I kind of think the tokens are fine as is, by the way, especially if the relic and prof quests are repeatable every month, but that might be because I'm not interested in buying the transmog so I'm only looking at grinding for mounts/pets. Took me two years to grind my raven lord mount now I see them everywhere. I don't want the same to happen with my dancing bear.

However, I'd like to see a Darkmoon Faire quartermaster with purchaseable items for what's sure to be a grind that lasts months. Even if they don't sell pets, mounts, etc. Just a tabard would be nice.
12/06/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
To clarify the OP’s point of how long it would take to obtain an entire set of cosmetic gear, the math presented was incorrect, and it would in fact only take 4 Darkmoon Faire weeks to complete an entire set.

Of course, this math also relies on you being able to log on every day of the faire on each of those 4 individual weeks. If you happen to take a week out of WoW, as I'm sure many people do every now and then, and it happens to fall on the week of the faire, you're pushed to 5 months. Or 6 months. You get the idea. Even if you just miss a few days in a particular faire week, you're disadvantaged and the wait for those items is pushed back another month.

While this isn't the developers fault as such, not all of us play WoW every single day of the year. Some of us only play at weekends, for example, due to work commitments or family life. This system is yet another part of the game that requires a daily commitment on specific calendar weeks to have fun. Something I always feel a little sad about.

I can handle the commitment once a year for the festival events and most of those can be ticked off with a days questing etc.. but the way darkmoon is setup, it requires a long term commitment that isn't very flexible in my eyes. And I think the system should be flexible to allow the majority of people to have fun with it. Just my 2c worth.
12/06/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Bashiok
To clarify the OP’s point of how long it would take to obtain an entire set of cosmetic gear, the math presented was incorrect, and it would in fact only take 4 Darkmoon Faire weeks to complete an entire set. That’s of course still no quick task, and the intent is not for it to be.

/thread

OP i knew you were off a bit. Just had to get a blue to verify.
I didn't read the other responses, because I simply don't have the time. Why don't I have the time? Because the Darkmoon Faire is only here a week. And I'm okay with that.

What I'm not okay with? Sure, we COULD get 145 tickets per week. But, that means that, on one character, we must do dungeons, heroics, raids, AND BGs all week to hope to get our artifact drops.

Oh, and don't forget that characters also need to have trade skills to get some of those tickets.

But there's dailies! Oh, wait... those only give one ticket per day, each.

That leaves me to be one very busy girl every DMF week. I don't have time to do anything else!

I think that it would be okay if the dailies rewarded 2 or 3 tickets each, per day. That would ease the pressure to do all of these other things just to get those big ticket (literally) items each week.

And about the timing of the Faire... I wouldn't leave it open all month, for sure. The DMF is supposed to be a special thing! It might lose its lustre if it's there all the time. We just need a little more love so that we're not completely bogged down on that one week.
12/06/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Bashiok
No and I apologize for using that phrase, my intent wasn't to devalue character customization it was to make a point that the items don't just exist in the world for baseless customization, but they're either obtained by killing a boss, being great in the Arena's, or even putting time into gathering enough tickets so you can look awesome.

What about those who put enough time in to gather tokens so we can look awesome, but then STILL not getting to have that look, because the requirements now include a Feat Of Strength that has been unobtainable for six years?

As a non-PVPer, it took me a LOT of time and effort to get the tokens needed for my Level 60 PVP shoulders and shield. They're iconic looks that I've established over the past five years as key to my character's storyline.

Now we have a way for me to display the appearance of older armors while not losing the benefit of our newer armor's stats... except for the things I rightfully earned and toiled for.

I'm not seeing the logic in this. At all.