An Open Letter About Mailing Mogged Heirlooms

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
I think the problem some people are having is there mail to plate gear.

At lvl 85 Polished Breastplate of Valor is plate gear but below lvl 40 it is mail gear. so if you transmog this on your 85 toon and then mail it to you lvl 10 toon the transmog will be removed as it is no longer plate.

but in my rogues case Stained Shadowcraft Tunic is always leather so the item type does not change letting me transmog and keep it.
Blizzard has caught a lot of flack in the past for nerfing fun... such as removing access to the Ironforge Airport... I'd be surprised if they kept this in. Blizzard hates when people have unintended fun.
Makes me SO happy I wish I had time to log in right now and create an alt!

sdklfjsadlfj !!!!!!!1

Please don't "fix" this):
/sigh

Unfortunately, it's Blizzard... and we all know Blizzard hates fun.
<--------------- loves the druids set.

/teaparty
Just want to echo the OP. Allowing heirlooms to hold their moggings is a great bonus to leveling toons. Plus I just love the look of Crossfire Carbine and am overjoyed to be able to use it on my hunter.
this ended up costing me a lot of money, i mogged 3 plate helms (all at 375g each with two failed attempts) sooo worth it though.. lvl 1 pally rockin purple judgement = win
I have done it again several times tonight. Same heirloom went to two different alts - appearance was stripped on the first mailing, but survived the second one after I remogged it. It's random, it doesn't work all the time, you might lose a lot of money on the Helm and Cloaks - but it is still working.

Also, I may have to get an Orc in a druid set. I'm just sayin'.

Thanks!
12/02/2011 08:17 PMPosted by Gazongas
I think the problem some people are having is there mail to plate gear.

This is definitely a problem I'm struggling with. There aren't a lot of matching patterns between the mail/plate divide, which makes it hard to mog, but if you don't mail the heirlooms you won't be able to change the appearance of your heirlooms until level 40.
This is the most amazing leveling feeling ever, I feel like I'm on my main or something in this gear...

Please keep it in Bliz, or add a few conditions to make it acceptable.
In any case, it's great fun to be able to dress the way you like.
All these lowbies in these amazing sets are making me laugh so hard.

.....Just transmogged my warlock to Absolution :)
Just tried it. It worked as long as the lowbie I sent it to was on the same WoW account. Every time I sent them to a toon on my second account on the same B.net account it would strip the transmog.
I agree. This is a wonderful bug; please don't squash it.
Some advice Blizz: Make it happen every time and pass it off as a feature.
/wink
/nod
Only weapons work now... :(
Without a doubt, this is the single coolest thing Blizzard gave us with this patch.

Sometimes accidents turn out to be the greatest blessings.

Please, Blizzard, don't take this away from us.