Favorite, fine Beer/Wine/Spirits thread

Movies, TV and Entertainment
I don't drink wine or spirits, so I can't comment on them.

As for beer, IMO it's home-brew or GTFO, or at least the product of a local brewpub.
As for beer, IMO it's home-brew or GTFO, or at least the product of a local brewpub.

I tried making my first brew a few months ago. Guy at the supplies store said porter was one of the easiest to make, so I started with that. Came out ok I guess, but I am not a huge fan of the dark stuff 8) Just need to get people over to drink them all so I can get the bottles back to start the next batch 8)
Wild Irish Rose, Thunderbird, Nightrain, MG 20/20. Everclear.

Add 7-UP and you have champaign.

Everclear = Sterno.
03/28/2013 06:26 PMPosted by Nunepi
I am not a huge fan of the dark stuff 8)

Well, honestly, brewing most beers -- except for the Belgian "sour" fruit beers & such, or if you want to go old skool & mill your own grain -- isn't difficult. IMO, the single hardest part is being diligent about cleanliness.

Having said that, a standard "American" pale ale is pretty easy to brew -- because it's just the four classic ingredients -- & the last I checked, those ingredients for a 5-gallon batch ran about $40 or so, total. Which means it's reasonably cheap, & since you know exactly what's in it, you can feel a lot better about what you're drinking.

& IMO, the taste beats the snot out of anything you can buy from a store. The only thing competitive is fresh beer from a local brew-pub, the kind where they're piping the product from the finishing vats straight to the tap.
Everclear = Sterno.

Eh I wouldnt risk drinking sterno...

edit: Although making a batch a "prison wine" does sound like a good idea.