Free Week of WoW for 4.3?

Customer Support
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I recently saw somewhere that with the launch of 4.3 that you were offering a free week of WoW to anyone that had cancelled their accounts more than 30 days ago or something to that nature. I was headed out of town when I saw it, but the night before I left I downloaded the game client and re-installed the game. Now that I am back home I can't find anything about this and kinda bummed.

Did I miss the boat? Was it only for certain accounts?

12/15/2011 05:01 PMPosted by Elrid
Was it only for certain accounts?

The specifics on who gets such offers is not public, I am sure the marketing team has their parameters, but in effect to the end user it is basically random.

I have several inactive accounts I thought I would see the 7 day offer on, and only one has gotten it so far.
Have you checked your email? Spam/junk folders? Are you sure that your account/s have been unsubscribed for over 30 days?

With that said, I've seen a lot of people who were eligible say that the seven days time wasn't already in their Account Management. If you receive an email, be sure to double- and triple-check that it's from Blizzard before clicking on any of the links in the email:

How to Identify Phishing Emails
Maybe I've been cancelled too long, they don't see me as a likely candidate to come back. I did buy Cata and leveled my hunter to 85 but stopped playing shortly after. I did not see the offer in an email and I did go back and double check. I'm pretty sure I saw it on a Blizz site and it seemed like it was available to all, but I did not actually read any fine print.

Oh well, I'll have to pay better attention in the future, but I do like the idea of getting a free week to figure out if I really want to come back or not.

Thanks all
I feel you bro. I'm actually looking to receive the free 7 day trial as well to see if I would like to resubscribe. However I haven't received the invitation either. Maybe blizz will see this and give us an invite? Wishful thinking
yea i dont get it, i think i was a link on ign about the 7 days free and that was 3 days ago, and not i cantt find ANY links regarding WTF blizz
I did the return for a week thing, and also had problems finding it again. But after going through some history where I accidentally clicked an ad, here you go :D
Thanks for the link! I was looking for this as well.
Thanks Dys, I just found it again myself and just came back to post it :) You beat me to it!