Quick way to get from Org to dark portal?

New Player Help and Guides
Is there any quick way to get from Orgrimar to the dark portal?
Portal in the cleft of shadow (the underground part of the city with Ragefire Chasm).
There's also a portal near the mage trainers in any major city.
12/16/2011 07:43 AMPosted by Ratatoskr
Portal in the cleft of shadow (the underground part of the city with Ragefire Chasm).

Does that mean there is an entrance to the underground part I need to find?

12/16/2011 07:45 AMPosted by Jakjak

Can anyone use that or just mages?
12/16/2011 08:31 AMPosted by Snaggledee
Can anyone use that or just mages?

anybody over lvl 58 can use it
12/16/2011 08:31 AMPosted by Snaggledee
Does that mean there is an entrance to the underground part I need to find?

There is an entrance in the drag
12/16/2011 07:45 AMPosted by Jakjak

Is Silvermoon a major city? The only thing I do in Undercity is take the portal to Silvermoon,
Yep Silvermoon has one just ask the guards where the mage trainer is and you'll find the portal to the blasted lands.
Cataclysm added portals to the Blasted Lands to all major faction cities. These are located by the mage trainers.
What about getting back from Blasted Lands?
Right next to the portal are ports to Org/SW and in Shattrath City there are ports to Org/SW

12/16/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Snaggledee
What about getting back from Blasted Lands?

Run through the portal and take a right, there's a portal back to Org near the foot of the stairs.
12/16/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Jilixx
Right next to the portal are ports to Org/SW and in Shattrath City there are ports to Org/SW

Next to which portal? When I arrive in BL via the portal I don't see any other portals except the one to Outland in the distance.
12/16/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Snaggledee

Next to which portal? When I arrive in BL via the portal I don't see any other portals except the one to Outland in the distance.

That's the portal you said you were looking for in your original post.

Were you trying to go somewhere else?
OK. I found it. My destination was not Outland but a location near the Dark Portal.
Is there a portal to the Dark Portal in Dalaran? I'm at the mage trainer and only see a portal to another location.
Nope, Dalaran doesn't have a portal to Outland, BUT it does have a portal to Stormwind/Orgrimmar. Take the portal in Dalaran to your capitol city, then hop through the portal to Blasted Lands, then you'll be in front of the Dark Portal that takes you to outland.