"I already have a job."

General Discussion
Post Limit:
1 2 3 22 Next
Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained.

"But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.
Dailies are terrible. There should be "daily dungeons" where you get X amount of gold from doing them (not the crappy amount we have now) and you should be able to make income off raiding and PvP.
That's what gravitates me to PvP. Fighting live people adds a kind of randomness that NPCs can't give.
imagine the QQ once WoW dissapears into the void with floating pigs.

" OMG BLIZZ I DID PROFESSIONS FOR X AMOUNT OF TIME FOR X AMOUNT OF YEARS!!!"

buyers regret, something like that.
Doesn't take more than 2 hours at most. If you can't find that time in your time off, well, I don't know what to tell you.
I don't like dailys, so I don't do them.
"I already have a job."

And you go to work every day and do what you like or don't like to do just to get the things you want.

What's the problem?
MMO's are not for you then.

My dailies take a whole 35-45 mins.
12/21/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Catnose
Doesn't take more than 2 hours at most. If you can't find that time in your time off, well, I don't know what to tell you.

Because the issue is definitely the time, not the fact that its time spent doing something that delivers you no fun or entertainment in a game you pay to play for fun and entertainment.
Welcome to WoW. If you don't like that you are playing the wrong game.

More like welcome to games in general.
12/21/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Indiri
Dailies are terrible. There should be "daily dungeons" where you get X amount of gold from doing them (not the crappy amount we have now) and you should be able to make income off raiding and PvP.

Income from performing activities... you mean like a job?

12/21/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Quirpfex

Because the issue is definitely the time, not the fact that its time spent doing something that delivers you no fun or entertainment in a game you pay to play for fun and entertainment.

If you're not getting any fun or entertainment out of the game, don't play the game.

Also, everything is subjective.
12/21/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Vallanya
I don't like dailys, so I don't do them.

This. They are completely optional. Gear comes in many ways. Dailies are just one option. Do what you find fun to get your gear. That's how a game should work. Give options to the player base and let them do what they want/enjoy.
The game provides lots of options for different play styles. I don't like grinding, so anything that feels like a grind, I simply do not do.
12/21/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Testforecho

If you're not getting any fun or entertainment out of the game, don't play the game.

Also, everything is subjective.

Because I definitely said something about not getting any enjoyment out of the game.

Subjective? Find me a person who enjoys doing dailies.
If you don't find it fun... what would be fun?

It's one thing to say you're not interested in doing something in particular, but it really doesn't give anyone any clear direction as to what you'd like to be doing.
Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained.

"But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

Welcome to MMOs. You must have missed that MMOs follow certain rules that real life has except here we can be bigger, stronger and do a lot more stuff.

If you want to do what ever you like go play some thing with cheat codes.
You are always free to refrain from doing things you do not enjoy, especially when your leisure time is involved. I suppose you're also free to complain about those things you do not enjoy, though I am hard pressed to see the point of doing that.