"I already have a job."

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 22 Next
I'd like a little more leniency in the 25 daily quest limit. A lot of theses dailies are outdated.

No idea what the rest of this thread is about.

You really should invest more time and effort in to creating a larger pool of POSSIBLE dailies... fine, keep the 15-20 max per day, but the pool should be in the hundreds so you might not see the same daily in the week.

Something like this would be a step up. And don't be afraid to give us a portal to go and do a daily somewhere else and then a snap back after it's done.

I guess while I'm here I'll briefly put an idea into the thread:

Basically, when leveling up, if you can tolerate questing at all, most of us have favorite quests we remember doing. One of mine is in the Barrens when you ride in the back of a wagon and shoot at things. Good times.

Many quests are designed in such a way that they would easily be repeatable; others obviously not because of phasing or whatever. Regardless, on the quests of the type that could easily be repeatable, give us an option when we turn it in to turn on a flag and make it repeatable. If we later on get tired of it we could just uncheck the flag and it would disappear. This would provide us with some number of quests that we really enjoyed in the past and could return from time to time to do them again. Rewards would be monetary and could scale with level.

In any case this would be a way to turn a player's favorite content into something they could go back to, especially when doing archaeology or something that takes them into the zone for some reason.

Best to all.
Could be worse bro, Look at Aion you MUST grind a certain boss for weeks to hopefully get your item, getting a single level past 50 takes a week in itself. wow is exceptionally free when it comes to your choice of activities, you don't realise how lucky you are to be able to choose to do dailies.
i gotta say, i reeeaaaaaalllllyyyyy hate dailes, but knowing doing will benefit me in the longshot keeps me in the mood
jesus effing christ!!!! when will you people stop freaking complaining, my god....everytime you people come across something that takes any effort or time you complain until its handed to you...you are the epitome of the problem with this game...cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry until everything in this game is brainless and boring, which is exactly what it is....just know that YOU are the problem
12/22/2011 12:43 AMPosted by Rúffneck
jesus effing christ!!!! when will you people stop freaking complaining, my god....everytime you people come across something that takes any effort or time you complain until its handed to you...you are the epitome of the problem with this game...cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry until everything in this game is brainless and boring, which is exactly what it is....just know that YOU are the problem

tol barad dailies are the epitome of thought-provokingness and intellectual requirement. they truly challenge my capabilities as a nearly 400 item level ret paladin
Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained.

"But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

Uh huh...

Brilliant game design.

This ^. Anyone who doesn't agree with this is just.. well, blind. This is right. one of the few big problems that MoP needs to fix to save the game.
I don't like questing. I especially don't like daily questing. So, except for the JC daily on my JC (which is VERY quick), I don't do them. Seems pretty simple to me. Hasn't held me back in any real way.
They should make questing like SWTOR. I've never had so much fun questing ever. They put alot of imagination into these.
12/21/2011 04:06 PMPosted by Ayrthrina
Are you trying to say I'll get paid $100,000 for each daily I do in MoP?I'm not showing up to work tomorrow.

(sarcasm) Love the way people read in what they want. (end sarcasm)

Why can't people debate / submit ideas without being so selfish & unhelpful?

Why..so... serious!?

/end Joker
12/21/2011 03:37 PMPosted by Bashiok
Infinite content.

Instead of 25 dailies across 7 days, can i do 175 dailies in 1 day, but each daily can not be done more than seven times per week?

Or converted to a montly basis, I tend to feel left out while other players have time to get all their caps every day/week
12/21/2011 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
Given that Blizzard posters have made exceedingly similar statements about every major daily hub from IQD onwards, and that these have all turned out to have the same basic failings, you'll forgive me if I take that note with a pinch of salt.

It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I would GLADLY take a challenging, rewarding, fun job if it paid $50k over a job that was boring, monotonous and long that paid $100k. If money were the means to an end, yes, I'd probably take it, but my quality of life would be horrible. A game isn't about an end reward; it's about getting TO an end reward. You don't play Oblivion just so you can see Talos turn into a dragon and nuke Mehrunes Dagon, and then end up getting the imperial dragon armor. You play it for the challenge presented from the first mudcrab you kill to dodging a legion of cultists. You don't eat a sandwich for the bread, you eat it for the meat, the stuff between.

Much like Classic WoW. Classic was flawed in that it took -TOO- long to get to a point where you could raid effectively. Quests were EVERYWHERE, though, and many of them not only challenging, but could potentially reward you with raid gear. Daily quests remove the challenge aspect. I want my quests to be original and long... you know, like the word 'quest' implies in it's simple, pure meaning. I want to know what's so wrong about having one quest chain that takes a month to complete vs. a daily quest chain like Argent Tournament or Molten Front, which take a month ANYWAY. The way I see it, the long quest chain idea grasps the idea the LFD tool had when it was changed to 7x per week instead of 1x per day. You move at your own pace, and you don't have to log on everyday to complete it in a month.

I want my quests to be long because of the challenge, not because of the artificial timeframe placed on it arbitrarily. Cut the dailies out. They're not fun.
I didn't mind dailies as much when I didn't have to do them for all my alts. Please let me grind out exalted on my main and then pass over the helm/shoulder enchants to my alts.

I'm not afraid of a little grind; look at my tabard. I got my nether drake in BC and did Isle dailies until I could afford my epic flying. I certainly did my time in the argent tourney dailies, but even then I started skipping the dailies that made me fly too far out of my way.

In Cata, I out right refused to do the FL & TB daily grinds. I don't know if I'm just burnt out on dailies or if I just hated the new dailies. Maybe a little bit of both.

I see the WoW team trying to make dailies more interesting and I appreciate that.

However, here are my gripes:

TB: Having the dailies be available to only one faction at a time is a bad idea. The TB battleground was not fun to me and felt horribly imbalanced every time I did it.

FL: The non-pvp sanctuary mechanic at the daily hub was horribly abused. There was ALWAYS some ranged class alliance player popping out to shoot horde and then popping back into the non-pvp area before I could kill them. I hated this. HATED. Either let me kill the player or bring back the crazy aggro NPCs ala Quel'danas.

These gripes were enough for me to refuse to do the dailies altogether. They may seem trivial, but I'd rather watch paint dry than deal with these things.

Oh, and one last suggestion:

When players really love a quest and talk about it saying it is the best thing since sliced bread, make that quest a repeatable daily.
12/22/2011 02:12 AMPosted by Maeltum

It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right?

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I would GLADLY take a challenging, rewarding, fun job if it paid $50k over a job that was boring, monotonous and long that paid $100k. If money were the means to an end, yes, I'd probably take it, but my quality of life would be horrible. A game isn't about an end reward; it's about getting TO an end reward. You don't play Oblivion just so you can see Talos turn into a dragon and nuke Mehrunes Dagon, and then end up getting the imperial dragon armor. You play it for the challenge presented from the first mudcrab you kill to dodging a legion of cultists. You don't eat a sandwich for the bread, you eat it for the meat, the stuff between.

Much like Classic WoW. Classic was flawed in that it took -TOO- long to get to a point where you could raid effectively. Quests were EVERYWHERE, though, and many of them not only challenging, but could potentially reward you with raid gear. Daily quests remove the challenge aspect. I want my quests to be original and long... you know, like the word 'quest' implies in it's simple, pure meaning. I want to know what's so wrong about having one quest chain that takes a month to complete vs. a daily quest chain like Argent Tournament or Molten Front, which take a month ANYWAY. The way I see it, the long quest chain idea grasps the idea the LFD tool had when it was changed to 7x per week instead of 1x per day. You move at your own pace, and you don't have to log on everyday to complete it in a month.

I want my quests to be long because of the challenge, not because of the artificial timeframe placed on it arbitrarily. Cut the dailies out. They're not fun.
the
"END" reward would be retirement and you would be able to achieve that in a faster time if I'm making twice as much as you are.
I dont get the whole crying about dailies...if its gold you are needing perhaps you should have invested in a profession like alchemy or herbilism...I can, at anytime make 5-20k a day
Questing should be optional but harder.

Then ppl would have 3 major ways to play the game. pure PVE (questing), PVP, and running dungeons (without quests).

I really enjoy following quest lines, but only if the quests feels challenging, no point in 1 shoting 100 boars to save a kingdom. I loved the "rambo" quest line since it was challenging for a mage alt i had sometime back (without heirlooms or dungeon gear).

A lot of people enjoys role playing, and by completing challenging quests they tend to strengthen the bond with their character.
I think people would have more fun doing dailies if the reward seemed a little more worth it.

Personally I put to blizzard that they should implement some dailies with Random loot rewards. It would certainly make it a lot more interesting, and a lot more viable for players.
By random, i mean possible gear (Uncommon, rare, epic BoE's) with appropriate drop rates. Maybe even random amounts of gold, possible chances of pets or Mounts.

If they implemented something like that. I would do that daily, even if i didn't need anything it dropped.

On another grindy note, please add something to arch, atleast have the gear be able to scale in some way to keep it relevant (EG maybe special arch quests or 'patterns' to upgrade it.)

Edit: On another point, to be good at a game you have to put effort in (work), no matter what game it is. Most games these days have a difficulty setting, some people are fine with turning it down to the easiest mode and blasting through everything, still requires a bit of effort and work, but can be rather boring for some. Personally i like to have to work and think for the game I'm playing.

If you want a game where you dont have to work, try a game that has a portion that is luck based (Most card games, dice games etc).
Skill based games will always require work and effort.

And if this feels like too much of a job for you, you should check out how games were 2 decades ago, where you needed to be extremely skilled at the game to beat it, which required tonnes of work, because you had limited lives, and once they were all gone, you had to start right back at the start again.

Infinite content.

Well here is the thing dailies and quests are one type of content that we can get involved in another type could be a randomly generated dungeon.

*No this is not what we have now.*

The one basic dungeon WOW is missing is a dungeon like those in older games where the content is derived randomly.

For example:
1. Take a basic cave with lets say 4-5 rooms in a maze pattern.
(You generate this on the fly every time.)
2. Have randomly placed bosses from all the dungeons that exist in the game, this way no new bosses are needed to be designed.
Randomly generate mobs from 3 to 6 in a group.
3. Dungeon is only available at level cap, no experience/rep is given in these dungeons.
4. Rather than giving "gear" on being defeated these bosses will give gems, gold, crafting mats, pets, mounts, and unique quests that are level appropriate.
5. Quests given by the bosses lead to items that can be cosmetic or even boa in nature.

Again the "Infinite" and "newness" factors of such a dungeon would never go out of style, pets and mounts, and unique items can be added every expansion without detriment.

Where would you locate these instances?

You could put entrances outside of all the major cities, or places like the faire.
This will keep the old content alive.

The dungeons would have a theme similar to their location, for example make such a random dungeon in Darnassus,
it could have a cave structure which looks grown or covered by roots, in a hollow of a tree.

A dungeon below Dalaran might be made of ice and have titan structures.

In Shat you could put a dungeon that looks like a sewer with the strange Draeni designs.

Again the design of the dungeon would be generic enough that it would just be a quick maze with a couple of rooms.

The art could be recycled from other dungeons, wall patterns, stairwells, whatever you can put in that fits with the city that its near.

However it needs to be generated randomly so that we get that "oh crap" what will happen now feeling, a simple open structure with no doors or anything just a place to explore and fight mobs in.

Infinite content.

Well here is the thing dailies and quests are one type of content that we can get involved in another type could be a randomly generated dungeon.

*No this is not what we have now.*

The one basic dungeon WOW is missing is a dungeon like those in older games where the content is derived randomly.

For example:
1. Take a basic cave with lets say 4-5 rooms in a maze pattern.
(You generate this on the fly every time.)
2. Have randomly placed bosses from all the dungeons that exist in the game, this way no new bosses are needed to be designed.
Randomly generate mobs from 3 to 6 in a group.
3. Dungeon is only available at level cap, no experience/rep is given in these dungeons.
4. Rather than giving "gear" on being defeated these bosses will give gems, gold, crafting mats, pets, mounts, and unique quests that are level appropriate.
5. Quests given by the bosses lead to items that can be cosmetic or even boa in nature.

Again the "Infinite" and "newness" factors of such a dungeon would never go out of style, pets and mounts, and unique items can be added every expansion without detriment.

Where would you locate these instances?

You could put entrances outside of all the major cities, or places like the faire.
This will keep the old content alive.

The dungeons would have a theme similar to their location, for example make such a random dungeon in Darnassus,
it could have a cave structure which looks grown or covered by roots, in a hollow of a tree.

A dungeon below Dalaran might be made of ice and have titan structures.

In Shat you could put a dungeon that looks like a sewer with the strange Draeni designs.

Again the design of the dungeon would be generic enough that it would just be a quick maze with a couple of rooms.

The art could be recycled from other dungeons, wall patterns, stairwells, whatever you can put in that fits with the city that its near.

However it needs to be generated randomly so that we get that "oh crap" what will happen now feeling, a simple open structure with no doors or anything just a place to explore and fight mobs in.

That is not a bad idea at all. Blizz has lots of experience with random map generations (Diablo II?). I fear pugs in that scenaryo but it would make the game a lot funnier.