Transmog BoA gear - part 2

General Discussion
Post Limit:
1 2 3 8 Next
This is a proposition that we be allowed to transmogrify our heirlooms on one character and be able to send them to another, with the transmogrification still in effect(with restrictions).

Link to the original thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3789699735?page=1
Alright, I believe this deserved a second thread after the cap. Please keep the topic on track and keep it clean. No unnecessary bashing or flaming.

Transmogrification and BOA’s
What is an heirloom? An Heirloom is a valued possession, or property passed down, or inherited through succeeding generations. Essentially we are passing down these items to another character. The current heirlooms are based off of level 50-60 items and can be worn by a level 1. Why is it that we are given the opportunity to send top notch items to alts and not be allowed to customize them the way we want? Is that not why the original idea of transmogrifaction was proposed?

With the release of 4.3 and transmogrification we were able to transmogrify our heirlooms and send to alts with the mog still in effect. However, it is currently considered a bug and although no action is being taken (yet). We are kindly being asked to resend them in the mail or remove the mog from the heirlooms. I believe bans or suspensions should only be given to those as a result of malicious, or game-breaking exploits or cheats. I don’t believe changing the stale looks of heirlooms is considered game-breaking. However, I ask that you respect Blizzard’s code of conduct and do not transmogrify your heirlooms with the intention of sending them to an alt, as this is currently against the rules.

Many people found this as a fun feature and it gave them an incentive to level a new alt, myself included. This feature is purely aesthetic and does not make your character any stronger. If you own heirlooms you are already have an advantage. I think if you can farm the items, buy the heirlooms and can afford to transmogrify them you should be able to. The feature works the same way the satchel of exotic mysteries works. A level 40 can’t physically farm a Swift White Hawkstrider but they can still obtain it via your main character.

Rrestrictions (my suggestions)
Although I’m sure most of you in support of this probably would like to keep your tier sets on your heirlooms it is likely this won’t make the cut. I don’t think we should allow tier to be applied to heirlooms, however tier look-alikes and re-colors are a different story.

Anything with a class restriction should not be able to transmogrify. I feel if something is made for an individual class, an opposing class should not be able to wear it.

If we are unable to send our heirlooms with the transmogrifcation still attached, why do we need to pay so much to transmogrify them in the first place?

This is not a hate thread! The point I am trying to get across is that this is a great feature. Transmogrification was introduced so that we could look and play how we wanted to. It has given many players the desire to level alts, thus shortening dungeon, and battleground ques for the leveling brackets, and giving players more to do.

Once again, please keep the topic on track. No flaming. Voice your opinions on why you may or may want this as working feature.
“Like” this post if you like the idea!
Original Thread's not capped yet.
I had been able to transmog my BoA gear... until today, I spent like 375g to transmog a helm... twice, and then today Blizzard wiped all my BoA gear transmog. :< I liked being able to do it because I have a lot of random items I can't use for my hunter that I can for my low level alts.
You can still transmog BoAs, you just can't transmog them to look like your other character's gear.
12/21/2011 02:50 PMPosted by Paranoia
You can still transmog BoAs, you just can't transmog them to look like your other character's gear.

The suggestion is that we be able to transmogrify our heirlooms and be able to mail them.
12/21/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Iockpick
Original Thread's not capped yet.

Yes it is
I suppose transmog could be less fun that it currently is, but in order to engineer such a feat they would really have to be creative...something like wiping all transmogs when you die or something along those lines.
/sarcasm

Seriously, the restrictions on transmog are a real pia. You work your a$$ off to get a legendary which becomes obsolete 1 month later in the next content patch, you can't transmog it.

You get a cool set of goggles from a quest reward (safety glasses), while you're leveling up, can't transmog them because they are white...wtf did I get it as a quest reward for? I can't transmog my Worgen top hat...jeez.

I have an axe and a mace on my fury warrior, but I can't transmog to anything cool because maces can't be transmog'd into swords.

I make some goggles on an alt, and can't use them for transmog on another alt.

etc, etc.
Something that is fun, can be construed as fun, or even remotely resembles fun, will not be allowed and will be hotfixed.
If it weren't for the lack of decent looking low level stuff, this wouldn't be an issue.
12/21/2011 04:52 PMPosted by Shamanistico
If it weren't for the lack of decent looking low level stuff, this wouldn't be an issue.

Exactly. I don't see what's wrong with being able to send mogged pieces to alts. As long as it's not Tier or Class specific. Leveling gear looks like crap for the most part, Questing gear from nearly all zones BC, Wrath, Cata quests look terrible. Even the shiny new 5 man gear mostly looks like crap, except the weapons. I've spent a LOT of time farming gear/weapons for looks and I would love to be able to share them with low level alts.
12/21/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Deathbyrd

Exactly. I don't see what's wrong with being able to send mogged pieces to alts. As long as it's not Tier or Class specific. Leveling gear looks like crap for the most part, Questing gear from nearly all zones BC, Wrath, Cata quests look terrible. Even the shiny new 5 man gear mostly looks like crap, except the weapons. I've spent a LOT of time farming gear/weapons for looks and I would love to be able to share them with low level alts.

There's a few lowbie robes, but from what I've seen, the low level leather, mail, and plate armors all look like complete poo
12/21/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Shamanistico
There's a few lowbie robes, but from what I've seen, the low level leather, mail, and plate armors all look like complete poo

and if you have heirlooms, you're stuck with the SAME look for 80-85 levels
Well, 70ish levels. Easy to obtain items at least look decent around 70
It actually just makes me mad they choose to change something like this, but haven't fixed full screen alt tab dc's, or mature language filter being on every time you log on. Aside from transmogging tier or class specific items, there's literally NOTHING harmful about letting people have FUN with their alts.
Why not treat boa transmogs in the same way they treat tradeskill specific enchants to boa's. If my scribe puts a shoulder enchant on a boa to help him level and then I subsequently reuse that boa on another alt - the enchant merely shows up in red and will not function unless that alt also has the appropriate inscription level.

So make boa transmog the same - if the original item required level 60, then don't let the transmog appear until the alt reaches that level. if the original item was class locked, then don't let the transmog appear on an alt that isn't of the same class. There's no need to strip the transmog off the boa, simple disable it if the alt wearing the piece would not normally be eligible to wear it.

This is a simple solution that Blizz clearly already has the infrastructure to implement and will give players the ability to show off their favorite old gear on their alts without also meaning you have level 1 bank toons running around in T13.
12/21/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Ravenshire
This is a simple solution that Blizz clearly already has the infrastructure to implement and will give players the ability to show off their favorite old gear on their alts without also meaning you have level 1 bank toons running around in T13.

I don't see the need to restrict the levels, I mean the heirlooms themselves were 50 something level anyway. I do feel its reasonable to place a restriction on Tier gear
12/21/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Deathbyrd
It actually just makes me mad they choose to change something like this, but haven't fixed full screen alt tab dc's, or mature language filter being on every time you log on. Aside from transmogging tier or class specific items, there's literally NOTHING harmful about letting people have FUN with their alts.

Off topic: Full-tab offscreens could possibly be a computer issue, not the game itself. I can alt tab playing full screen just fine. I usually do for long queues. Jump on forums and tab back every now and then. No doubt the filter thing is annoying, I just gave up on bothering with it.
Off topic: Full-tab offscreens could possibly be a computer issue, not the game itself. I can alt tab playing full screen just fine. I usually do for long queues. Jump on forums and tab back every now and then. No doubt the filter thing is annoying, I just gave up on bothering with it.

It's while loading screens or changing zones.
/signed

When I read about transmogs and that they would apply to BOA I was like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY

Then after I read the "can't be mailed" part I was like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Then when I logged in the day of the patch and saw people wearing BOA's that had been mogged and mailed I sent my BOA's to my high level, mogged my shoulders and weapons, mailed them to my alt and BAM I was back to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY

The transmog post had stated that some things might change between then and live so I just assumed since it worked that Blizz had changed their minds.

Then I logged in today, saw my mogs gone, and was back to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

This didn't hurt anyone since stats don't carry over from mogged gear and because the restrictions are already so tight you have to have a toon capable of getting the gear so it's not like you didn't earn it. I could somewhat understand the objection if you could just copy gear someone else was wearing but it's class specific in a lot of cases.

Please consider reverting. Especially since someone let the cat out of the bag already.