Darkmoon Faire Artifacts

Bug Report
Post Limit:
1 2 3 5 Next
From my understanding, they were supposed to be turned in once per darkmoon faire, but since the next darkmoon faire is now up, the quests for those particular items are still saying that they have already been completed, can i get some clarification on what is supposed to happen exactly?
Is this an oceanic server? 'Cause for the rest of us, it isn't scheduled to start till tomorrow (the 1st).

Assuming the quests are intended to be available monthly, then based on the last time Blizzard did monthly quests (only one I know of - Consortium rep gem reward), it will reset on the first of the month. As that won't be till tomorrow for most of us, try tomorrow to see if it works?
It's past midnight UTC and I just got off an Oceanic server and verified that the quests did reset. Looks like nothing to worry about.
So it seems SOME of the quests have been reset, however captured insiginias and Adventurers journals have not been reset.

I cannot speak for soothsayers runes or a Treatise on strategy.

While we are on the topic, achievements related to the same quests have been reset as well.
weird, yes some have been reset now, but others havent, adventurers and captured insignia being 2 of them
12/31/2011 05:17 PMPosted by Mysticlove
weird, yes some have been reset now, but others havent, adventurers and captured insignia being 2 of them

Yup, I have noticed this as well. All other Darkmoon Artifacts, Do appear to be allowing me to start a quest for the Darkmoon Faire Island when it is back up on the realms in North America!

Hopefully this can be resolved via a quick hotfix or a restart to resolve this issue. =)
for me some items have reset but other have not

for example Captured Insignia and Adventurer's Journal are reading as "you have completed this quest, but Imbued Crystal I was able to do again
Same here. Seems they just missed a couple items then in their code. Here's to hoping that this isn't a bad omen for 2012...
I was not able to hand in Captured Insignia and Adventurer's Journal but I was able to hand in everything else (except I haven't been able to try treatise yet).
12/31/2011 05:43 PMPosted by Deap
(except I haven't been able to try treatise yet).

I feel your pain
I also noticed that with the Darkmoon Despoiler/Darkmoon Dungeoneer achievements, the ones I handed in last month don't count towards this anymore.

I didn't get them all to complete the achievements last month, so wondering if you must complete them all in one go, or something has gone awry.
Something's gone awry. We were informed last month by Bashiok that all of the quests should be reset monthly. I'll dig up the blue post if anyone really wants to see it.
12/31/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Azmeran
I also noticed that with the Darkmoon Despoiler/Darkmoon Dungeoneer achievements, the ones I handed in last month don't count towards this anymore.

My guess that is "intended as programmed" (not to say that it is how they actually intended it to be) based on the behavior of other, older achievements. I believe the elders during the Lunar Festival are a good example. The elders are checked off as you complete their associated quest. Once those quests reset (sometime during the following year), they are no longer checked off because the game sees that you have not completed the quests. This means in order to complete the achievements, you have to finish it before the quests reset.

Because the Darkmoon Faire quests reset each month, you will have to complete the achievements within a single month.
The achievement progress for Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia were NOT reset, and those quests cannot be accepted or completed at this time by people who did them last month. All the others WERE reset and the quests CAN be accepted and completed.
Captured insignia and adventurer's journals are not resetted
7 of the items reset for me, but Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia did not.
I am having the same experience as everyone else. Had at least one of each artifact in the bank, and cannot redo the quests for the Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia.
I'm having the same issue, just the Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia have not reset, though, as I'm sure most of us, can't comment on the Treatise; that this seriously needs a buff in drop rate.
Same here.
Treatise did reset, I was lucky and got one a couple days ago in a group where only I could roll

left after that, I can only assume the reason people's DPS was so bad was they hit 85 after the last Faire, lol