Why do you play a Rogue?

Rogue
What made you pick a Rogue to play? Are you pvp or pve? Why do you stick to it over other classes?
I stick to PvE and chose a rogue because I like the whole idea behind them. Shadowy...melee...high damage...etc. Matches my personality. :P
did RPG cowardice and not wanting to face your opponent toe to toe have anything to do with your choice? I seriously despise this class....its a nub class that requires minimal skill to play.
and i suppose rolling your face on the keyboard while you troll makes you better? post on a main and come out from the alt shadows.
01/11/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Pacheko
did RPG cowardice and not wanting to face your opponent toe to toe have anything to do with your choice? I seriously despise this class....its a nub class that requires minimal skill to play.

Not wanting to face your opponent??? I guess you Never use fear then?? Lets see fear dot dot dot pet on you kite rinse repeat and at what point are you going toe to toe?

I lol'ed at this coming from a lock.

Anyway, the only 2 classes I didn't have 85 was rogue and druid and I don't care for the druid play style.
Stealth and fighting dirty, of course.
So I can walk around in Bloodfang armor...

Mushroom tears. This is why I play a Rogue. I despise mushrooms.
I've always liked the idea of being an assassin.
Not the severely OP and non-stealthy assassin's creed kind either.
The "sneak up to the main target, kill him, and vanish in to the night" kind. The real kind.
People tell us not to use stealth is ridiculous. It is the cornerstone of our class. It would be like asking a warlock to fight without a minion times two, as most of our best skills require stealth.
Shifty stab!

Lol.
01/11/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Dartrayo
I lol'ed at this coming from a lock.

Locks aren't exactly easy to play, Neither are Rogues though, of course.

Back to the question at hand: I enjoy stealth, stealthy cahracters, and the tactics that playing a stealthy character requires (ahhh, my lovely assassin/theives from Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim... all so wonderfull....) So for WoW, a rogue fits the bill perfectly.

That's why I first made a rogue and levelled her to 85, at least. She wasn't my main until we suddenly had no melee for our raid group, though >.>
I thought the rogue class as a whole could benefit from my amazing awesomeness.
Made a rogue because of their interesting/useful utility. Pretty fun too.
DAoC shadowblade class made me play my rogue.
Least likely to get nerfed.