Archeology: True BAD Game Design

General Discussion
Honestly, when they first mentioned archeology, in my mind I saw mounds of lootable dirt spawns all over the world like ore and herbs. You loot, collect so many pieces then turn in for reward.
It comes down to "different strokes for different folks".

Some people like it and some don't.

For those that like it, it's good (even if it might need some fixing). For those that don't, it sucks (and therfore unfixable).

The main point to keep in mind is that it is optional (meaning NOT compulsory) and those that don't like it can just pass on by and leave it to those who do.

If that is really so difficult, perhaps some professional help is called for.
Archaeology is fun... I just think they need to do more to keep making it fun at higher levels. What I mean is a 525 archaeologist shouldn't continually be solving the same artifacts they were back at skill point 1.

I understand the RNG system, and I'm not trying to imply that getting epic artifacts should be easy, it's just kind of silly that 525 skill level only has a 10% chance of getting 1 Uldum digsite.
01/07/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Someshta
Let's all stick our head in the sand and not think objectively about the game we're playing. People want wow to succeed, that's why we're critical of it...