Nerfs.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 301 Next
To everyone who is saying "Oh just turn it off guys herp a derp", that isn't really an option. Our server hasn't killed HM Deathwing, and so there's still a race, if you would, going on. Now, you can turn off the buff and feel cool for doing 7/8 without it, or you can leave it on and get server first 8/8 with it. What would you pick?
Hoping the next Live Q&A deals with the future of raids and difficulty. I imagine a lot of people from the R&D (yeah, not D&R) forums have some pressing questions to ask.
01/18/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Alris
Blizzard, your not only moving the goal posts. Your missing the point. Heroic modes are the one major PVE challenge in this game, what keeps people like me playing this is the feeling of friendship, and working together with our friends to beat challenges.

Exactly, and Blizzard are taking that away from us.
Kinda disappointed that I didn't get to clear at least a Heroic boss (yet) before the debuff.
Finally! Maybe people will start taking me along now, even if I don't have the damn achievement.
Ridiculous. This is already some of easiest content I have seen. I enjoyed T11 content, and pre-nerf FL was decent. DS felt nerfed the second I stepped into that raid. Why are we nerfing nerfed content? Also, don't the casuals have LFR now? What is the point of this stacking buff nonsense? When can we go back to BC and let bads be bads?
Inc Bashiok response =D
01/18/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Smackyouout
The whole point of progression is not to have content nerfed by a buff, just like ICC, or Sunwell.

So then... turn the buff off, and you have your progression. Meanwhile, the guilds that are... say... stuck on 3/8 or or something will be able to start pushing through eventually.
Mauden, you obviously don't understand the whole principle to this post.

I'm speaking on behalf of the community that aren't complaining about the content being hard. People like content that is challenging. Instead of it being spoonfed by continuous nerfs for several weeks.
I feel this nerf was kinda unnecessary considering we have LFR. People are now "seeing the content", and judging from kills, overall this is a pretty easy tier.
01/18/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Demichelis
Kinda disappointed that I didn't get to clear at least a Heroic boss (yet) before the debuff.

This.
I killed HM LK 10 with the 30% buff. It wasn't really cool.
People killed HM LK without the buff. That was amazing.
This isn't doing hardly any good for anybody. LOLchok was pretty easy, and then the HM's were what they needed to be. Hard. This is going to make there be an lol get 10 people from your server w/iLvL346 difficulty, an LFR difficulty, and a barely gotta do mechanics difficulty.
01/18/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Tekton
To everyone who is saying "Oh just turn it off guys herp a derp", that isn't really an option. Our server hasn't killed HM Deathwing, and so there's still a race, if you would, going on. Now, you can turn off the buff and feel cool for doing 7/8 without it, or you can leave it on and get server first 8/8 with it. What would you pick?

A face huh? *Facepalm* Seems to me your letting your ego get in the way. Yes people will choose the path of least resistance, however if you're going to complain to Blizzard that your ego is being hurt with this change. Again the same happened with ICC. I don't think you people will ever learn.

Your egos seem more important then having fun.

This.
I killed HM LK 10 with the 30% buff. It wasn't really cool.
People killed HM LK without the buff. That was amazing.
This isn't doing hardly any good for anybody. LOLchok was pretty easy, and then the HM's were what they needed to be. Hard. This is going to make there be an lol get 10 people from your server w/iLvL346 difficulty, an LFR difficulty, and a barely gotta do mechanics difficulty.

Then on January 31st turn off the buff and prove yourselves. You got like two weeks so you should be fine and live. Honestly I don't see the difference between the buff and non buff other then EGO issues.
So, how many people quit after the 30% ICC Buff?

Why is Blizzard wanting to lower their subscriptions? Do they not need the money anymore? 4.4 will be the only other event we will get before Mist of Pandaria. Knowing Blizzard MoP won't come out till December or early next year. Once your guild has killed all the heroic bosses, what exactly is their left to do? Laugh at this, or not, I don't care so many people are going to leave.
Once again I ask;

01/18/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Atraeus
Well, they did say something about an ICC-esque buff pre-release, did they not?
01/18/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Mauden
IT'S OPTIONAL, Y U NO READ THE DAMN POST!?

Name one person who has a Staples' "Easy" button and never pushes, but instead, goes through the hassle of facilities and resource management to get a box of paperclips?

In short, instead of people attempting to improve, they are going to take the debuff and just focus on the immediate gain: I get to play WoW less until the end of the expansion. Blizzard does not want me playing often anymore, they want me farming this once and forgetting about it until next Tuesday.
01/18/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Mauden
IT'S OPTIONAL, Y U NO READ THE DAMN POST!?

Its optional, with zero achievements, or rewards for turning it off.
I'll be curious to hear the actual rationale for this. While I do not raid at the moment (even though I have in the past) I have used the LFR system and it certainly did satisfy any desire I had to see the inside of the instance and experience the RP that went along with it.

At this point, I can only assume that the MoP is coming sooner than anticipated, so Blizzard is nerfing content quickly to prevent the scenario of "Man, Blizzard launched the MoP Beta and we hadn't cleared all the hard modes yet--and now our guild attendance has fell".

What other reason could it be?