Stopcasting Dps Increase?

Mage
Would it be a dps increase to have a stopcasting macro on Pyroblast and push it every time it procs rather than finish casting whichever spell I'm currently casting?
only for

/stopcasting
/cast combustion

u dont use stopcasting for pyroblast.. its a dps loss as it "technically" adds a cast time to your instant pyro because your stopping in midcast thus adding a "cast" to an instant cast.. + your using 2 gcds for 1 spell
only for

/stopcasting
/cast combustion

u dont use stopcasting for pyroblast.. its a dps loss as it "technically" adds a cast time to your instant pyro because your stopping in midcast thus adding a "cast" to an instant cast.. + your using 2 gcds for 1 spell
If you cancel a cast the gcd gets reset. :o

There will undoubtedly be a "breakpoint" after which cancelling a fireball becomes a DPS loss, but if you cancel fireball very quickly after starting to cast , it should be a DPS increase.
Some times I wish they'd put a GCD on jumping....
01/18/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Sethmann
Some times I wish they'd put a GCD on jumping....

This. Bear tanks that jump all the time get on everyones nerves, am I right?
Curious if anyone knows the exact point in a fireball cast that it is less effective to /stopcast?
01/18/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Pyromancy
If you cancel a cast the gcd gets reset. :o

Yes, and no.

Stoping a cast mid global cooldown, will cancel the global, but you have to wait for server communication to occur before that happens. The client won't wipe the global cooldown until the server responds acknowledging the reset. That's why people usually mash these macros, because the first press will stop the cast but then you get a "spell not ready" error and no cast. The second press fires the spell since the global is now gone.

01/19/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Ticklemefire
Curious if anyone knows the exact point in a fireball cast that it is less effective to /stopcast?

Probably somewhere in the area of half a second or less, but really, there's no reason to do this. The pyro proc isn't going anywhere, just mash the pyro hotkey as the fireball completes.