"Why do I lose so much?" Answers Inside

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
I always believed you can only get what you give. Yes one person can make a difference. Not always, but it can happen.
06/26/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Servilia
So play the way Faenya says or sucks to be you huh?

Again, WoW is an MMO.
It's designed to be a social activity -- not a solo one like Total War for example.
You won't get very far in WoW, and will likely just be very disgruntled disappointed and bitter (which you come off as), if your goal is to go through the game solo. It's not designed to be a solo venture, and it's not in a solo game genre to begin with.

If you don't like the social grouping aspect of MMOs, why are you playing a game that caters to that genre? Serious question...
So play the way Faenya says or sucks to be you huh?
See Paul's response below... he said it well

You're on these forums all the time, how many premade and multiboxer QQ threads are there? Several a day right? So all those people are just "bads" that need to play the way YOU want them to?
Complaining means absolutely nothing. You have to look to see if the complaint has merit & I'm sorry but the vast majority don't. When you see a new thread on these topics you check out the player & he is almost always in bad gear, is playing a bad PvP spec and/or he has made significant errors setting up his toon. Based on these facts it is a very safe assumption that they are contributing to the below 50% win rate. So yes it pretty much is "bads" complaining about issues they they can fix by playing better.

Instead of sticking your head in the sand and pretending everything is fine and Blizz is always right try taking an objective look at pvp. It's broken, badly.
I have taken an objective look at it & I strongly disagree with you. Blizzard may or may not think these complaints have merit; I generally do not.

When you have classes that can 5v1 people and win that's BS.
Those 5 players need to delete their toons & smash their computers. No class can 5 on 1 anybody & if that ever happens the 5 players are very, very, very bad.

I'll bet you anything if when you queue with your little premades you run into full Glad premades almost every time you'll be here crying harder than anyone has before
As I have said many times I solo queue more often than not. I have "never cried" when I happen to lose to a better premade either... they outplayed us & deserved the win.

Then your advantage will disappear and the tears will start.
lol I still win over 50% solo queueing... sorry buddy but I will always be better than the average BG player.
OP wrote an exceptional post. The only things I can add are these:
- when the concept of RBGs first came out I thought it would be a ranking system for random BGs. Man, was I ever disappointed. I still think this would have been a very good idea.
- while it's possible for lots of people to join premades or queue with friends to improve their chances, there are lots and lots of us for whom it is just NOT possible to join in a group. It would be very nice if Blizzard cut us a break, otherwise we are doomed to a mostly losing slate.

The addition of Conquest points was a truly awesome move, I remember saying they should do that in a forum post a few years ago (and the arena players all spouted about how that should NEVER happen, I think because they liked to have an unfair advantage). A lot of other solo players said the same thing and the result hass been terrific for the casuals. A ranking system would also be great, the best BGs are those that are evenly matched and a ranking system would help.
At the very least, PvP is a LOT better than two years ago, and is moving in the right direction. I hope it continues in Mists!
One other thing, to the author if the post directly before my last. Why do people in the forums assume that the toon that you used to post with is the toon you PvP with? I have something like 30 or more toons in two accounts and I very rarely post, so the avatar here is generally random. Checking out my mages gear is meaningless, This is my BC main my current main is a Horde DK in full Cataclysmic gear, so nitpicking comments about someone's gear usually show a lack of experience or intelligence in the person doing the criticizing.
"lol I still win over 50% solo queueing"

So do I, but you don't need to be quite so obnoxious. Or maybe like Paulbathehut, who is a multiboxing troll, you DO need to be obnoxious.

@Servilla, lots of people agree with you, but like me they don't generally have hours to waste on the forums. (i'm only on because I can't play atm ...).

I PvP a lot, I think that OP nailed it and it's good that Blizz listens to people like him. The day when Xexyz or Paul get green text is the day yo need to quit (lol).

BTW, Paul, do you read minds? How do you presume to know what is meant by an MMO? LFR, LFD, and BGs are ALL about getting solo players into the game, it just doesn't fit with your nasty worldview. There is nothing beter than running a heroic as a tank or healer and getting the recognition of "great heals" or "great tanking" at the end from people you just grouped with. Or of just recognizing someone else's skill? I suspect you've never had that experience. But troll away ... I won't be back here for months anyway.
Why do people continually reply with this? No one said we wanted Blizzard to fix stupid people. However, balancing classes and matchmaking high geared/premades with even geared teams and match low geared/pve servers against each other would be a step in the right direction, and one thing Blizz could do, but they don't care.

Okay, I see. I think class balance is a good idea, and they probably could give players ratings (not based on gear... because I'm sure people will cheat) and maybe be make it similar to arena where you get matched with people around your skill. Oh, and award more honor at the higher rated BG's so that people have some kind of motivation to move up instead of pwning noobs.
06/27/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Servilia
You've obviously never witnessed a truly good frost mage decimate 4-5 melee. Or really good rogues or DKs soloing several people. True this is impossible against several 2400+ level players but even average players can get pwned that hard, and that ain't right.
Again those 5 players have to be awful... I mean really awful... to lose a 5 on 1 match. If those clowns are your idea of "average" then you have incredibly low standards.

"lol I still win over 50% solo queueing"

So do I, but you don't need to be quite so obnoxious. Or maybe like Paulbathehut, who is a multiboxing troll, you DO need to be obnoxious.
I'm obnoxious because I am sick & tired of below average players crying on the forums about clearly L2P issues. I am against multi-boxing but that's a different topic.

06/27/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Apital
@Servilla, lots of people agree with you, but like me they don't generally have hours to waste on the forums.
Yup & as I said before almost every single one of these players are in bad gear and/or have made terrible choices setting up their toon. In short they are not pulling their own weight in BGs so they are part of the problem. Again a L2P issue (players who can't set up their toon properly are probably playing poorly as well). Also full ruthless is incredibly easy to get so some clown crying on the forums with a 340 item level is just an idiot.
06/27/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Servilia
You've obviously never witnessed a truly good frost mage decimate 4-5 melee. Or really good rogues or DKs soloing several people.

those melee are terrible then. any 2 good players can shut down any other player. period.

when you see one healer tanking more than 2 dps, the dps are really really bad.

when you see 1 dps soloing more than 2 other dps, the dead dps are really really bad.

unfortunately about 75% of random bg'ers are really really bad. so you do see it often but it doesnt change anything. and blizz cant make those bad players any better. the cant fix stupid.
06/28/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Myrddin
You've obviously never witnessed a truly good frost mage decimate 4-5 melee. Or really good rogues or DKs soloing several people.

those melee are terrible then. any 2 good players can shut down any other player. period.

when you see one healer tanking more than 2 dps, the dps are really really bad.

when you see 1 dps soloing more than 2 other dps, the dead dps are really really bad.

unfortunately about 75% of random bg'ers are really really bad. so you do see it often but it doesnt change anything. and blizz cant make those bad players any better. the cant fix stupid.

LOL

So you're saying there's no such thing as really good players, just really bad ones. hehe

ok

yea no

Been that player who's taken on 2 or more dps and wiped them out. Guess I'm just fair to middlin'.
01/22/2012 04:21 AMPosted by Eldacar
I know there are some people out there that genuinely want answers, so I am going to do my best to explain what is going on for those that really want to know.

To be honest.....This is far as i could get on the extra long post.

If I may break it all down to less than 5 words in simplistic form; It would be:

Gear
Skill
Composition
Tactical choices made
GearSkillCompositionTactical choices made

O wait....does that count as more than 5 words?
GearSkillCompositionTactical choices madeO wait....does that count as more than 5 words?

I think so...So I'll jus rephrase that to just Tactics :)
01/22/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Eldacar
I imagine many of you may now be asking "so what can I do to increase my chances of winning?" There are a few things you can do. First and foremost is learn and practice, gear up, and become the best PVP'er you can be. That may sound cliché but you really can affect the outcome of your games, particularly on the 10v10 maps, the better you get and the better you play the more games you are going to win. The second thing you can do is try to play with friends as much as possible, make your own premade group of experienced PVP'ers, this will greatly increase your chances of winning every game. Third, if you feel that a call to arms map is skewed against you either do something else that weekend, only queue with your own premade, or try specifically queuing for other maps if you just want to play and don't really care about honor gains.

Playing with premades helps alot since ive started going with premades ive won 90% of my games
LOL

So you're saying there's no such thing as really good players, just really bad ones. hehe

ok

yea no

Been that player who's taken on 2 or more dps and wiped them out. Guess I'm just fair to middlin'.
You need to read what people write before you reply because this is the 2nd time you missed their point (the first time was when you responded to me). He said about 75% of BG players are really bad (which I believe is close to ground truth) so that leaves 25% that are at least average. Now you might say that makes no sense because 75% can't be below average, but they can if you factor in arenas & RBGs (a lot of BG players don't do arenas or RBGs).

Clearly "skill" runs along a continuum, from really bad to really good to everything in between (lets say 1-10). It's hard to measure because everyone would rate themselves at least a 5 (average) when in reality some are 1-4. You could use arena ratings as a metric but even that is terribly flawed for a variety of reasons (I have seen some really bad 2000+ players & others with no rating that were pretty good).

But yea anyone that was beaten 5 to 1 needs to delete their toon and write an apology to Blizzard for stinking up the game so badly.
01/22/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Eldacar
4. Map asymmetry

There is nothing remotely symmetrical about Twin Peaks. It's like Blizzard deliberately bent the map to make the Horde GY closer to the action than the Alliance!