GUILD WARS 2 Beta next month !!!

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
When a game is going drastically a different way...why do they have to stick to the same model? If you just think about it, large elite dynamic events are like raids. I for one welcome the change and if they are able to pull it off with success then more power to MMO's.

I am pleased with the innovation as well. I just dont think people will continue to play after they reach level cap. I think arenanet recognizes this and probably counts on it. Once you have bought the game they don't make anymore more money.. So long as they give you a good game - they are good to go..

01/25/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Hume
I just dont think people will continue to play after they reach level cap.

People from WoW anyway. In GW1 having the max armour rating doesn't mean much. It's more about looks. In GW you actually get achievements for getting "elite" armour since they take so long to get. Plus in GW and GW2 people can customize their armour in much more detail than WoW.
I dont know what some of you guys are talking about. I have played guild wars 1 since it was in beta and there is definately end game for most everyone. There is hardcore dungeons which have two modes story mode and explorer mode. story mode first unlocks explorer.

Gear does help your character. Certain gear gives better health, resistance and whatever else they decide to add.

You can collect armor sets, each dungeon has thier own unigue set.

The story modes of the dungeons are some of the most fun awe inspiring things i have witnessed even in guild wars 1. People in gw 1 though maxed to 20 in two days and thought that was it. They never completed the chapters for other regions, you had to explore to find them back then.

Of course the most jaw clinching adrenaline pumped part of guild wars is pvp and they do it better than any other mmo out. Its a group effort a weak man in the chain and your dead. A hero with exception coordination and you go undefeated in hall of heroes for over 27 games like me and my old guild did once. was so much fun my hands start shaking thinking about it.
We had wins come at litterally the last second, we played against a korean guild in one of the games and we thought for sure we were toast... no my buddy a ranger manages to backtrack around and res our healer who reseed us intime to kill theirs who had got cut off from his group and we win again.. things like this isnt possible in wow... i wish it were.
01/25/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Krillg
Of course the most jaw clinching adrenaline pumped part of guild wars is pvp and they do it better than any other mmo out.

The random arena is some of the most intense PvP I have done in any game.

01/25/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Krillg
definately end game for most everyone

Underworld is a nightmare. Took me and my guild 5 hours to complete, and we did half of it with only one healer.
I might play it, depending on system specs, I used to be really into it, but ultimately realized it wouldn't be very available to me, so I plan on staying with WoW, for now. I'll do open beta for sure, though, and if I REALLY like it, I'll go to GW2.
01/25/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Greeni
depending on system specs

ArenaNet will make it so it runs on low end systems.
01/25/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Tevinter
depending on system specs

Very low end.
01/25/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Squadßrøken

Very low end.

I mean GW1 can run on windows 2000

Very low end.

I mean GW1 can run on windows 2000

I think I remember reading that GW2 uses a modified version of the engine from GW1.
What's happening now: I pay 15 dollars a month to play WoW.

What will happen after GW2 release: I will pay 15 dollars a month to play WoW and GW2.

Yea, that screams "WoW-killer" alright.

When did anyone in this thread use that term.

Just go spout your childishness somewhere else please.

01/23/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Algathor
So begins the "GW2 will keel wow" threads. I hope to get much entertainment from the upcoming months.

01/23/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Scalebane
lets see how long people can go without calling this game a wow killer lol...well starting now anyways :P

Well Mr. SquadBroken I was agreeing with these fine folks here that calling this game a WoW-killer is kind of non-sense. So you can go ahead get over yourself now.

01/26/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Judiscpriest
these fine folks here that calling this game a WoW-killer is kind of non-sense.

I have said no such thing.
01/23/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Algathor
So begins the "GW2 will keel wow" threads. I hope to get much entertainment from the upcoming months.

It doesn't need to because GW2 devs are greedy retards who charge 15 a month after you already bought the game

Very few games warrent a monthly sub. EvE online and Rift are good examples
Cant wait for the game. Imma be mesmer xP

I need something new, and plus, since it has no monthly fee. I'm sticking to WoW as well xP
Cant wait for the game. Imma be mesmer xP

I need something new, and plus, since it has no monthly fee. I'm sticking to WoW as well xP

I won't, I won't have a reason to :)

Got all my heritage gear from the first Guild Wars. I'm ready, Anet. Release tomorrow please.
gah i cant wait for this game! looks sooo good.

also glad it isnt turning into a bunch of idiots ranting about how it will kill wow
Shad up.. u just jelly.
No one said it was a wow killer. WoW is killing itself atm anyways. I'm going to be playing both games. But I'm only playing wow when i have to raid and playing GW2 when i wana actually have fun. Kinda tired of the same ole same ole every week... I want to do more than 1 thing every damn patch -_-
01/25/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Hume
The dungeons in GW2 are designed to be the challenging part that requires very coordinated gameplay.

But the only reason to do them is to get better looking gear right? You won't actually improve your character. Like I said the best part of TBC era WoW was in fact the raid progression. Large groups of people working carefully together feels epic for the player..and you got gear.

You need both aspects to have an endgame. And not just WoW has an endgame - most MMOs do. Rift, EQII et al.

So they are breaking away with the no endgame approach. I am not bashing it - I will get it unless I hear terrible things bout it..
Well.. why do people raid? Mostly to show off titles and gear in a big city. Once u get gear from current raid in wow you don't have to try as hard as u did when u first went in to do it. In GW2 the dungeons are always going to be as hard as the first time u went in, But you improve based on your personal skill and experience of that dungeon and the dungeons is always changing day to day. Imagine if when u went into do DS every time the trash changed lol. Don't forget GW2 is still going to have content patches too and most likely more dungeons added later.
Also its kinda sad if a game is only fun because u are getting tiny upgrades from loot "upgrading" your char, and not the actual game-play.
01/29/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Iagging
Well.. why do people raid? Mostly to show off titles and gear in a big city. Once u get gear from current raid in wow you don't have to try as hard as u did when u first went in to do it. In GW2 the dungeons are always going to be as hard as the first time u went in, But you improve based on your personal skill and experience of that dungeon and the dungeons is always changing day to day. Imagine if when u went into do DS every time the trash changed lol. Don't forget GW2 is still going to have content patches too and most likely more dungeons added later.

Don't forget, as well, each dungeon has at least 3 different paths you can take in Explorable mode, so each time you go through the dungeon, you can have different bosses and different events happen to you. :)

And, I think the gear rewards are different too, depending. Maybe. I'm not sure on that bit. Guess I'd like to think that as a little something cool.

But from what I've read about GW2's dungeons, there will probably be tons of wiping and a good amount of time spent trying to beat Explorable mode. It is significantly harder than the Story mode.

01/29/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Iagging
Also its kinda sad if a game is only fun because u are getting tiny upgrades from loot "upgrading" your char, and not the actual game-play.

It is sad, but unfortunately that's the method most sub-based games take nowadays. I, personally, am playing WoW for fun right now; or what fun I can find since I play predominately alone. Most of my friends have moved on to either other things, or just don't want to be around the game it seems. Life happens and I'm not upset. Just a little lonely. xD

But, GW2 looks like something I could really have genuine fun playing and learning all by myself. The fact you don't NEED to group with people to complete objectives (and dynamic events) is really appealing. In that sense that I don't NEED other people to play WITH me, but they can all play around me and we can all take care of that problem over there. I don't like being forced to talk to people and I like that GW2 doesn't force you to play with others, just allows you to. :)

I don't know if I'm making sense..I just got off work. lol Tired..