"Transexual" censored by filter

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 17 Next
Did you also know it was considered ok to kill a man if you claimed he made "advances" towards you, if you were also male. Is that ok? No? Didn't think so.

It was considered a mental illness because back then if you showed anything besides the social norm they threw you in the nuthouse.

They also used vibrators to treat women for hysteria.

Exactly. You just proved my point that the science of psychology is shaky at best and is not to be taken as gospel. Thank you for proving my point.

You could actually look up the thing you're so determined to argue about.
Not doing so just proves your ignorance.

Or you could cite your references to back up your arguments. Not doing so is detrimental to your credibility. Not to mention incredibly lazy on your part.

P.s. Anyhow, this has been going for 13 pages and as much as I enjoyed our civil discourse, I am growing quite tired of it. Clearly no one will convince the other of their own perspective so I will just leave it at that.
01/23/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Epaxea
Exactly. You just proved my point that the science of psychology is shaky at best and is not to be taken as gospel. Thank you for proving my point.

It was more along the lines of "We've grown as a society and we don't throw people in a psychward just because they're different."

At least, we shouldn't. There are still plenty of people who believe that being homosexual and all things in between is sick and an illness. I should know, I live with people like that. And being gay myself doesn't seem to help the matter, even if they don't know yet.

P.s. Anyhow, this has been going for 13 pages and as much as I enjoyed our civil discourse, I am growing quite tired of it. Clearly no one will convince the other of their own perspective so I will just leave it at that.

Funny how he cites his source and you just happen to back down.
Turn the filter off and your "problem" is solved.

Not that this was a problem to begin with. People are really running out of things to complain about.
01/23/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Karat
It's not the word so much as how the community uses it.

This.

01/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Colalicious
I love how homosexual is also sensored... didn't know my sexual orientation was considered bad by Blizzard.

The odd thing is that "gay" is not censored. Kinda contradictory I think, but...?

As for words in general being censored, I'm sure it has more to do with what the ESRB says cannot be said and not Blizzard. You can also turn off the language filter.
01/23/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Maruk
Funny how he cites his source and you just happen to back down.

It's a filtered link. It could say a variety of words with the word 'transexual' in it. Tell me what it says and I will check it out to set your mind at ease.
01/23/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Katuu
There are still plenty of people who believe that being homosexual and all things in between is sick and an illness. I should know, I live with people like that. And being gay myself doesn't seem to help the matter, even if they don't know yet.

I have a problem with people who think that being "transgendered" isn't a mental illness. It's exceptionally bad when they try to lump it with !@#$ or bisexuality.

It's a filtered link. It could say a variety of words with the word 'transexual' in it. Tell me what it says and I will check it out to set your mind at ease.

That is indeed the filtered word.

My bad. It was a filtered word of sorts.
I love seeing people arguing how being trans is such a frivolous decision. None of you would ever understand what it's like unless you've been there yourselves... and lived to tell about it. And for those saying it's all due to depression/anxiety... those are different beasts altogether. They may come along with the main problem of being trans... but they are also solvable once transition has begun.

I'm a "tranny" as you call it, and even though I pass in public and I've never been harassed or hurt (knock on wood), unfortunately I can't say the same for many others. It's just funny how people would to marginalize people who can't help feeling this way. You can guilt and mock but this will never, ever go away.

So yeah, if you haven't felt the pain of feeling you are truly the opposite sex you are born, you really have no idea. Maybe I can't prove something like this with tangible scientific evidence, and why would I need to? I corrected the mistake, I'm healthy and functioning in society, and that's that.
01/23/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Lenta
There are still plenty of people who believe that being homosexual and all things in between is sick and an illness. I should know, I live with people like that. And being gay myself doesn't seem to help the matter, even if they don't know yet.

I have a problem with people who think that being "transgendered" isn't a mental illness. It's exceptionally bad when they try to lump it with !@#$ or bisexuality.

As a gay person myself I dislike that we are lumped in with bisexuals, questioning and transgendered people. Gay people have found and defined who we are. We are not in a flux or 'searching' place. Bi-sexuals, questioning and transgendered people are still in that in between phase. Gay people should not be lumped into this category (imo).
Van Gogh cuts off his ear and is considered mental, a man cuts his nuts off to look like a woman and he is considered normal?
01/23/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Starling

As a gay person myself I dislike that we are lumped in with bisexuals, questioning and transgendered people. Gay people have found and defined who we are. We are not in a flux or 'searching' place. Bi-sexuals, questioning and transgendered people are still in that in between phase. Gay people should not be lumped into this category (imo).

Trust me, we don't want lumped with the gays either. We had to in the past because there was no way we could have gotten the exposure we needed to ensure we had a place in the medical industry for treatment. Now that we do, I would hope the trans community would break away. It would be beneficial for both groups, especially when the gays usually treat us as jokes anyway.