"Transexual" censored by filter

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next
wonder if wata!@#$eki is censored

yep a good ton of japanese words and names are going to get butchered. (that was a compound word (watashi-teki) or "my way/style" also many proper names. I've run into smarter filters than that in old BBS systems running under CPM on an 8008 back in the 80's.
In-game homosexual and I think even heterosexual are censored.
I think one of those insidious "Family" organizations helped with the filter.
Meh. Uncensor the word, ban the people who misuse it. It's a teen game. If people or parents can't hack it then they're not old enough to play (even if they physically are).
01/23/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Räle
People may use the word in an abusive context, but censoring it because of that would be like censoring the words "black" or "asian" because people say racist things on WoW.

If I'm not mistaken, "transexualism" is essentially when one is dissatisfied with their assigned genitalia because they feel that they were "born" a different, psychological gender.

Being black or asian has nothing to do with one's genitals.

That said, I agree that disabling the censor on the word in question would do more harm than good to those who are overly sensitive.
Dreamcrusher D@%!#

Lotta things are censored...

wtf? a censored weapon!?
How many women NPC's are dressd up as men?

you may have just solved the "platekini paradox"...perhaps thats why female armor is showing more skin, to evidenciate the fact that its female armor.

completely off-topic but it jsut hit me.

/salute
Dreamcrusher D!%#%

Lotta things are censored...

That's because some poor fool who coded the forums doesn't know how to do a proper regex statement.

They are REALLY trying to filter the word for non-consensual sex.

But, since the synonym for "Cape" contains the four letters of the word that's filtered, IT gets filtered too.

Let's say the filtered word is "Foo".

Let's say there's an innocent word, "Foobar".

If you type "Foobar", it is going to get filtered/censored.

That's why they should filter " Foo " (note the spaces before and after Foo) instead.

Yes, yes, some people might use that to get around the filter, but that's what the banhammer is for. Not to mention, people avoid the filter all the time anyways. At least then we wouldn't have innocent words being filtered.

About time a shelterred little kid such as yourself posted. I'm amazed it took so long.

his point of view is as good as anyone's. if we're discussing this openly, then you must be prepared to encounter perspectives that differ from yours.

About time a shelterred little kid such as yourself posted. I'm amazed it took so long.

That guy's a concern troll. Check his post history and bask in his glory.
Also, Chromi is pretty well known (the male dragon that takes female gnome form)
01/23/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Hirai
But, since the synonym for "Cape" contains the four letters of the word that's filtered, IT gets filtered too.

Its Dream crusher D-rap-e. Not cape.

Again, no ill will towards people from Blizz. The community just cant be trusted with certain words.

Besides, turn off the filter and everything is fair game apparently.
Ya'll can thank the bleeding heart club for this ridiculous amount of censoring......

O TOOTLES HE CALLED ME......poo-poo. Gosh golly gee!!

Its Dream crusher D-rap-e. Not cape.

Again, no ill will towards people from Blizz. The community just cant be trusted with certain words.

Besides, turn off the filter and everything is fair game apparently.

Note, I didn't say "Cape". I said "Synonym for 'Cape'", since the real word is filtered (because it contains a bad word inside of the word) and I did not want to get in trouble for bypassing the filter. Even if they don't usually ban people for that, I still play by the rules.
01/23/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Phlegemon
Also, Chromi is pretty well known (the male dragon that takes female gnome form)
Actually, a fairly recent issue of the WoW magazine confirmed that Chronormu (aka Chromie) is a female dragon with a male name.
01/23/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Choonster
Actually, a fairly recent issue of the WoW magazine confirmed that Chronormu (aka Chromie) is a female dragon with a male name.

That's actually too bad. I found the sprinkle of diversity quite refreshing.