No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
01/25/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Nephthys
If....and this is just an *if*....they cancelled Blizzcon due to all the faction controversies, then...wouldn't it have been easier for them to just cool it and treat ALL players equally? I dunno.

They do treat all players equally. Most of this 'favoritism' is just blind rage. Nothing more nothing less. It is people getting to attached to a pixel on a screen and taking anything that is said or done in or out of game as a personal insult.

It is the rabid fans that take things to far. And leaves Blizzard in a reactionary state. So with everything the fans didn't and supposedly did do, never seen one news article on the supposed fan that was a minor, then a pregnant women, then a dad, then a minor pregnant women, then a lesbian, got assaulted,.....ya, never seen one article on that, but so many people that don't even play this game says it happened., I can understand fully why they would cancel.
I'm sorry, but I see this thread and all I can think of is a bunch of Muppets running around, arms flailing in the air, screaming about how they're on fire.

It's a business decision. It hasn't been the best year for WoW, and frankly, I'd be surprised if they didn't decide to make some changes -- like this one -- to try something different. Honestly? I'd rather have them focusing their energy on the games themselves than on a giant social gathering. I'm sure skipping a year won't kill anyone.

Tian, you are now, officially my new hero with the
but I see this thread and all I can think of is a bunch of Muppets running around, arms flailing in the air, screaming about how they're on fire.
line. For myself, I can do a SWEET muppet walk. You know the one. The kind of jumpy, loose kind of walk...yeah, that one. I can do it like a pro.
This is a good year to cancel Blizzcon as it would be a 'dead' year as far as announcments are concerned, and those years are the worst to go or have a Blizzcon.

Trust me, this will only make the next one better, and I always believed that they shouldnt have a Blizzcon unless something Big is being announced, those dead years just arent as fun as the ones where they announce something new.
This is a good year to cancel Blizzcon as it would be a 'dead' year as far as announcments are concerned, and those years are the worst to go or have a Blizzcon.

Trust me, this will only make the next one better, and I always believed that they shouldnt have a Blizzcon unless something Big is being announced, those dead years just arent as fun as the ones where they announce something new.

If this is a "dead" year then that means Titan has slipped by at least one year, more likely two years. That puts it aaaaall the way out in 2015.

If this is a "dead" year then that means Titan has slipped by at least one year, more likely two years. That puts it aaaaall the way out in 2015.

Dont think they would have announced anything about it this year anyways.
If they canceled it's because it wouldn't have been profitable to hold one. Not enough new info to draw a crowd to buy goodies, or they feel the economy is such that the PPV feeds wouldn't have been popular.

It's a shame to have to pay to see things they should communicate routinely. The information trickle about WoW has dried up like a North Texas lake.

You can tell this is true just by looking at MMO-C recently, yeah. Since Blizzcon, we received zero info about MoP. I don't think we ever went thru a long period like this with literally no new info at all.

For whatever reason, there just hasn't been any WoW news in the past 3 months, and it makes subscribers start to feel like the game is stagnant. People then become antsy and frustrated.

Sadly, I don't think we wil be getting ANY news until MoP hits Alpha, and even then it will be stuff that gets leaked, and we won't even be allowed to talk about it here. *rolls eyes*.
Can't wait for the February report on how 'well' they are doing
So.... can the community just set up our own blizzcon or something? I'm sure plenty of us would still want to sit around and talk about WoW and have a costume contest lol
The world is ending ofc they dont wanna be with WoW nerds lol
01/25/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Kardone
So.... can the community just set up our own blizzcon or something? I'm sure plenty of us would still want to sit around and talk about WoW and have a costume contest lol

Look into GenCon..........................

Trust me, most of the people that would want to go to BlizzCon will have a blast there.
Well, my buddy is gonna be pissed. He was going to fly me to Vegas from Canada so we could drive to BlizzCon together. Time to save more money for 2013! Lol

Yes they would have if they were still on schedule with it.

http://www.bgr.com/2010/12/03/blizzard-gm-leaves-company-after-game-roadmap-and-user-data-leak/

It was originally slated for release by the end of next year (2013). Who knows what ring of development hell it resides in now. I'm beginning to wonder if it is on the chopping block and about to join Nova.
It was originally slated for release by the end of next year (2013). Who knows what ring of development hell it resides in now. I'm beginning to wonder if it is on the chopping block and about to join Nova

Which would royally blow, considering the chuck of senior development talent they pulled from WoW to work on it.....

Yes they would have if they were still on schedule with it.

http://www.bgr.com/2010/12/03/blizzard-gm-leaves-company-after-game-roadmap-and-user-data-leak/

It was originally slated for release by the end of next year (2013). Who knows what ring of development hell it resides in now. I'm beginning to wonder if it is on the chopping block and about to join Nova.

That release schedule was disproved a long time ago.
01/25/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Dorrell
It was originally slated for release by the end of next year (2013). Who knows what ring of development hell it resides in now. I'm beginning to wonder if it is on the chopping block and about to join Nova

Which would royally blow, considering the chuck of senior development talent they pulled from WoW to work on it.....

Hmm. I don't see it like that. For the sake of argument, lets say 'Titan' *is* now on the chopping block. (Not saying it is! Just going along with what the dude you quoted speculated). Well, then all those senior devs would undoubtedly move back to Warcraft.

Wouldn't that be a good thing for us? :)

I care more about the future of WoW than some alleged MMO in which we know NOTHING about, prob. not even the real title! ('Titan' is def just a working project temporary title). If it does become shelved, that would mean more resources for WoW....where they belong. ^_^
was actually planning on flying across country to actually go to this.....
01/25/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Nephthys

Hmm. I don't see it like that. For the sake of argument, lets say Titan *is* now on the chopping block. (Not saying it is! Just going along with what the dude you quoted speculated). Well, then all those senior devs would undoubtedly move back to Warcraft.

I care more about the future of WoW than some alleged MMO in which we know NOTHING about, prob. not even the real title! ('Titan' is def just a working project temporary title)

It would, but it would just suck due to the issues that wouldn't have happened in the first place had they stayed on this project...

Hmm. I don't see it like that. For the sake of argument, lets say Titan *is* now on the chopping block. (Not saying it is! Just going along with what the dude you quoted speculated). Well, then all those senior devs would undoubtedly move back to Warcraft.

I care more about the future of WoW than some alleged MMO in which we know NOTHING about, prob. not even the real title! ('Titan' is def just a working project temporary title)

It would, but it would just suck due to the issues that wouldn't have happened in the first place had they stayed on this project...

I hear ya. Sadly, the past can never be changed. In business, you take all these risks and make sacrifices. Sometimes plans don't work out and you admit that it was a mistake to even try to start a project in the first place. So, if "Titan" gets shelved, all we can do is be glad that Bliz will (hopefully) once again focus on Warcraft.
01/25/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Alona
I'm disappointed since I was hoping to go this year if I could save up the dough, but I guess it just means that the 2013 one will be twice as good, right?

Or maybe it will just come sooner in 2013? First or second quarter while they get the 3 games they want out and use the money for them? Wonders.