No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
I have never attended a blizzcon, nor do I know the effort it takes to prepare one of these events. I had always assumed it took like a week to prepare. But once again, misconceptions. In any case, good luck.
Uh guys, they announced the ''no blizzcon'' (usually in september ) in january...They could not announce it earlier.

Wow, that didn't take long.

Yes, people are quick on making false statements. :3

lol, Yeah, who to believe??? I guess if I really wanna know I could just pop over to the game and find out. Little more reliable than WoW customers ;)
all this means to/for me is that they won't be available to hear feedback from us "loyal" customers...

possibly intentional i guess, but i'm not in the know of "big business" practices.
That's seriously disappointing. :\
No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

Did they stutter? LOL
01/25/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Vilkas
After what happened last year, and the way half the player base was treated, I have no intentions on ever attending Blizzcon.

LMAO.

lol, Yeah, who to believe??? I guess if I really wanna know I could just pop over to the game and find out. Little more reliable than WoW customers ;)

They're obviously not all so terrible as to have 10 people on in the capital city spacestation thing, but populations are really terrible. Also, right now =/= peak play time. Populations will fluctuate throughout the day.

Everything is instanced to hell, so you will be in a zone like Hyjal or Deepholm and go through every single quest the zone offers and you might see 5 people outside of the cities your entire time.

I think the major problems are the memory leaks and launcher problems. People with top-tier computers who get 5 fps because the game all of a sudden is taking 4 gb of memory. Large numbers of people who can't even download the game before the launcher crashes, due to some corrupt patch files that were propagated through he patch servers. Large numbers of people who can't login because the security question answer got reset and instead of their answer, it's a string of random characters. Customer service who don't even give what some people consider to be copy and paste responses....they just close your ticket without doing or saying anything. Want a restoration? How about a closed ticket instead. Got hacked and lost a toon? How about a closed ticket instead. Reporting a scammer? Nope, you get a closed ticket.

I can go on for a while but I suggest looking at their forums to be sure.

The game is plagued with massive technical problems. The very fact that hundreds or thousands of players can't even login or download the game is insane. Maybe they'll be able to pull the game out, but right now it's in a deep, dark hole.

P.S. People saying I'm wrong.....just because you want SWTOR to be the WoW killer doesn't make all of it's issues disappear.

Very true. At the risk of going off topic, that game does have dead servers, such as The Defenestrator, but I made a character over there and was just on it and there were about 150 ppl on it Empire side...that is a dead server, but not exactly 5 people.

My server, Master Zhar Lestin, still pulls in over 1k people Empire and 750 people Republic every night.
Well here's the bright side to no Blizzcon this year: everyone who was going to, or watch the stream, won't have to save up the money (or use what they have saved up for something else).
[quote][quote]

P.S. People saying I'm wrong.....just because you want SWTOR to be the WoW killer doesn't make all of it's issues disappear.

WTF cares? Was WoW taking too much of a beating in this thread so someone had to mention another game to cloud the issue?
[quote][quote]

cares? Was WoW taking too much of a beating in this thread so someone had to mention another game to cloud the issue?

/shrug, I dunno. Apparently people were posting about WoW dying because of SWTOR, people posted against it, and I hopped in somewhere. It's still relevant to the people who think WoW is dying, and that that's the cause of no BlizzCon.
01/25/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Bashiok
I'm not sure how you're reading and interpreting it. But it's good to have hope.

Blizzard doesn't know if they're going to be at a point to discuss anything big or new or cool? With Blizzcon being held in October, this worries me greatly. Does this mean that the games will be out? Or does this mean that the game's wont even be at a stage development wise to announce anything new about them? At first I thought that maybe I wasn't grasping the point of Blizzcon. I know a few notes about MoP and D3 at this point would never be enough to host an entire event around, because that was the foundation of Blizzcon 2011. I kept reading the blue post over and over, thinking I was just outright misunderstanding. But the thing is, you referenced the multiple game releases when talking about having something new or cool to discuss and that just boggled my mind.

This doesn't really match up with the plan to release expansions more quickly than in the past. It was also recently confirmed that there indeed will not be anything else content wise to hold us over until MoP, like Ruby Sanctum was designed to do in Wrath. Should I really be preparing for 8 more months of DS? Is my annual pass going to expire before I even see Diablo 3 and MoP?

I'm so sad :<
People have been saying "wow is dead" for the entirety of my three and a half years playing the game. I suspect people have been saying that since day 1.
Very disappointed in this :( Some WoW friends through twitter/youtube have decided to have our own gathering haha.

But I guess it gives me plenty of time to save up for 2013 :P