Been had

General Discussion
01/25/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Varthin
[quote] I would never pay for anything for one year up front unless it had seat warmers and cruise control

I didn't pay for it up front either.. I'm paying in monthly installments, just like I have since day 1. Nothing has changed.
lol you beat me to it.
Only morons or people that like wasting money would think of buying that. The savings from that offer are marginal at best and the beta for MOP seems like it will be a glorified open beta that can only happen a few weeks before its release

Unless people really do pay for a full year already and never take any monthly breaks from wow, its a waste. It was implemented in order to fluff up the failing sub numbers to investors

Why does everyone think this was a "trick" played by Blizzard?

If you were going to be playing WoW anyways then it's a great deal and there's no real reason not to get it.

If you weren't going to be playing WoW, or you don't know if you were going to be, then you don't get the pass.

Pretty simple concept. Don't really see how anyone was "had."

This. It can kind of be looked at as an IQ test.
01/25/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Tikichicken
Only morons or people that like wasting money would think of buying that. The savings from that offer are marginal at best and the beta for MOP seems like it will be a glorified open beta that can only happen a few weeks before its release

I've been playing the game for six years. Six years I've paid to play month after month. Having a new mount and Diablo 3 which I planned on buying anyways. It's a great deal if you ask me.
01/25/2012 06:23 AMPosted by Grimgravy

I've been playing the game for six years. Six years I've paid to play month after month. Having a new mount and Diablo 3 which I planned on buying anyways. It's a great deal if you ask me.

The only problem i see with the 'deal' is it eliminates your ability to choose to not play wow if it becomes a 'bad' game within a shorter time frame than the year you just paid for. They have effectively removed your ability to STOP PLAYING a bad game by what they did. They dont have to do one single thing to improve this game in a year because yep, u guessed it, u already paid for it. THAT is the point people are trying to make here.
OP is right about one thing

It was a great idea and whoever thought of it @ Blizz probably deserves a promotion.

I bought the annual pass. I do not regret it since I was likely to play wow and diablo through the year anyway. the beta access is a nice plus as well. If for any reason MOP does not cut it, I will know before I have to drop money on that.

Although, who am I kidding? I would probably buy it if it has stick figure cover art. I buy all new releases from Blizzard.
01/25/2012 06:35 AMPosted by Läkare

The only problem i see with the 'deal' is it eliminates your ability to choose to not play wow if it becomes a 'bad' game within a shorter time frame than the year you just paid for. They have effectively removed your ability to STOP PLAYING a bad game by what they did. They dont have to do one single thing to improve this game in a year because yep, u guessed it, u already paid for it. THAT is the point people are trying to make here.

I'm fully aware of that but they do have an expansion planned and I've enjoyed this game from the beginning and still shows no signs of stopping.

I can only speak for myself when I say that the monthly subscription does little to put a dent in my bank account.

What I have a problem with are those calling me out as a moron and telling me I'm wasting my own money on something I love.