Guild Masters, am I giving away too much?

Achievements
I run a very active level 22 guild. I'm probably the second richest player on the server so I'm well past gold capped and have nothing to do with my gold but to give it to my members in some form.

So, I have a special tab where each member and his alts can take 2 items a day. These items are usually a red gem, shadowspirit, maelstrom or up to a Landslide enchant. They can also take 100 gold a day and unlimited repairs. Often I will pay for someone to level a profession or buy them a trinket and I give away 6k per week in a guild activity contest. Fortunately, I can fund all this and still add to the guild bank. I have put 180K into the bank in the last 6 weeks.

Still it does take work and it's starting to wear on me and no one seems to appreciate it. They just take.

Am I giving away too much?
If you run the guild, it's up to you to decide what to do with it.
You're an amazing guild leader. What Emevoli said; it's your guild, you run it the way you wish. :)
Personally, I don't like handouts. I don't give them, and I don't take them, unless it's something trivial and more a matter of convenience than of money. If you enjoy it, fine, but if it's starting to feel like a chore, then by all means stop. You'll find out who your real friends are.
01/27/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Keeblik
Personally, I don't like handouts. I don't give them, and I don't take them, unless it's something trivial and more a matter of convenience than of money. If you enjoy it, fine, but if it's starting to feel like a chore, then by all means stop. You'll find out who your real friends are.
My goal was to mimic the best PVE guilds that supply their members with a lot of things they need to make their charachter better for PVP. I dont want my members spending 30 minutes a day running dailies for a luosy 100 gold. I want them improving

But the difference is that I dont have a raid team of 12 guys, I have 60 real people that come on everyday and spend a lot of time in Vent and doing PVP of all sorts. So it costs me about 6k per day to pay things. I have made about 1.5M in profit in the last 5 months so I dont need the gold and everything over the gold cap goes to them. I'm happy when the take the shadowspirit when they get a new helm or the red gem they need. If I find they are reselling on the AH I restrict them or kick them.

There is a core group that is really appreciative but many just expect it and that's OK.

As a result my guild has the reputation of being the best pVP guild for the good player (not Glads) and generous to it's members. Plus I interview everyone that wants to join so our goals match. We have no guild chat BS or nerd raging and I can say we have the nicest, most helpful players on the server. We run RBGs, arena and random BGs and we are always in Vent laughing and theory crafting our characters.

It's just that it takes a lot of my time and while gold is easy to make, turning 6-10k profit every day is a lot of work. I just dont know what is too much to give them
Guilds I have been in have either
A) paid for raid-related guild repairs
B) Allowed you to take/remove items as needed
C) Paid for enchants (But all raid items were disenchanted and NOT handed out)

Or some combination of 2 out of 3 of these. Never all 3. I have to ask though, what does your guild do for others? Do they in return add items back?

Honestly, its time for them to be cut off. No more gold removal. Maybe 100g a day max for repairs (Maybe even less since pvp deaths cost so little). No more free removal of items/gold either. If they want an item they can ask an officer, they can have it if they have a VALID reason for it. You are a PVP guild right? So that means PVP chants ONLY. As for paying for someones professions? Id never do that.

The 6k a week contest might help you reach level 25, after that, stop.
i agree with dakall, i like how generous you are with your guild, but if they are taking advantage of it, cut them off, they don't deserve it if all they do is ask for more