Login Screen Stuck on Success

Mac Technical Support
Im having the same problem, since last thursday. only thing is, its the SECOND time this has happened to me. ive missed out on 3 weeks of total time because of this and tech support keeps telling me its a problem with my computer, when it worked just fine until i tried to log back in. Some advice would be very welcome
Yeah, this problem just started for me. I just got hospitalized yesterday for crohn's disease, had my girlfriend bring me my laptop for school and wow of course! I'm not sure if its from this hospitals internet or what.. nothing i do with correct it. Blizzard please help me threw this hospital visit... its soo boring without a good game If this persists for longer than a week like some of the posts on here, I'm quiting wow for good.
Make sure your World of Warcraft Launcher says WoW is up to date, and you tried all other suggestions listed in this thread.

@Canafried- This might be an issue with where you're connecting from. We're currently investigating an issue where some users are unable to connect from colleges/universities/schools due to additional security settings. No ETA on this.
I logged in once for about 30 minutes. That was around 2, now every time I try to log in, it gets stuck at "success!" I've tryed everything on here, except i have no access to router. Could be a connection block by th hospital, but i dont understand why it worked for 30 minutes... maybe later on ill have better luck
09/12/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Canafried
I logged in once for about 30 minutes. That was around 2, now every time I try to log in, it gets stuck at "success!" I've tryed everything on here, except i have no access to router. Could be a connection block by th hospital, but i dont understand why it worked for 30 minutes... maybe later on ill have better luck

That is strange.

Can you try this and see if it helps?

Flush the DNS
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and launch Terminal.
    2. Copy/Paste the following:
    dscacheutil -flushcache3. Press return.
    Note: You will not get any feedback from Terminal if this is done correctly on any OS.
    4. Then go in your Network pref pane => Advanced and click "Renew DHCP lease"
    5. Attempt to connect to the game.
Still no luck.... blizzard just hates me.
I'm going to reinstall wow now... only thing left to do. This problem didn't start for me until i connected on this new network. I logged on and played after the most recent maintenance fine. think i ran two dungeons fine. When i connected here at the hospital, It locked my account and i had to answer a security question and change my password... is it a possible I was hacked in some way??
I've been having a really similar problem, one thing I've noticed though is that every time I open the client, the cache folder reappears on my desktop. I move it to the trash, empty it and then restart my computer, but it just keeps on coming back...
I'm hoping this server restart will possible fix the issues we're having. I reinstalled and i still have the same problem. I dont think its my connection, its gotta be something tweaked with my account or some bug with finding my characters... idk.. Blizzard please resolve this issue asap!
This still is being investigated. We're gathering additional information to help resolve this issue. If you have the potential to download an app to help us gather information, please let me know, and I'll be happy to reach out to you via email.
I figured out its purely the internet connection.. It weird though. it will only let me log in with limited connection when I:
-Disconnect from the working connection, reconnect
-Delete cache files and move WTF and interface files out of normal location
-Then a reboot
-Connect to internet then there like a 5 minute window I have to try to log in sometime it wont make it passed "success" sometimes it will. Times it does, the connect is spiky. There were many times it read your battle.net connection was lost then not even a second later say I've connected to battle.net, this was happening frequently.

Other problems with this was everytime I would take a flight path / hearthstone and probably summons or similar action where you would have to reload npc's and other object around your character, it would freeze up. It wouldnt say I was disconnected from battle.net though. But the functions were routine to a disconnect, plus my bags would disappear and other functions weren"t working.
Just wanted to fill you in with my issue. I'm sure when i get back home the game should work fine, its not biggie, more studying time now! Ill let you know if I have similar issues when back home, thanks for the help.
Mine was working perfectly fine after the patch, but the past 2 days i haven't been able to get passed Success. I've tried restarting, moving/deleting the cache, WTF, etc. and the problem still remains. Internet is fine, i can run other games, access sites perfectly fine. But have yet to be able to log into the game.
I am haveing the same issues its been 5 days now and 7 days ago my new payment posted so im getting fairly frustrated at this and no one can help , ps i have tried every suggestion on the forums from restarting pc and modem to unlinstalling wow to ( insert fix option here ) still nothing , my GF so is right next to my on the Exacte same PC can with no issues
WTF is going on
Sigh.. 3 more days until MoP.. hope this gets resolved :( though I'm almost certain the problems not on Blizzards side...
I have the same thing since one day ..I still stuck at success ..thanks blizz :(
Have the same problem ... IBlizzards problem ?
Dunno if this has been suggested yet -- on the login title screen (with the two pandaren stone statues) -- click on the "System" button. Then click on the "network" tab on the left.

If "Enable IPv6 when available" is highlighted (not disabled) and has a checkmark in it, remove it. Then try again.

I sometimes get login hangups when using that option. Removing it solves -my problem- right way. This is probably a different login problem, though.
its no working stuck on succesd did evrything u said reset router and even reinstall the game ITS NOT WORKING AND ITS ANOYING ... got several pc and its not working on a fresh install .
Same here.. are all of you guys isp provider Videotron. Here is a link to another tread on the forum where we all have the same issue and have tried everything take a look at it.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6678848070?page=1#4
This is something we're currently investigating for Videotron users to see why users are unable to connect.