Too scared to Arena...

Arenas
Prev 1 9 10 11 23 Next
01/27/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Darkrachet
Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up!
I still die in openers. Everytime I see a jungle cleave I look to see if I can pop a deffensive cooldown, but then shortly after that I realize that I don't have any. Anyone have any tips?

You play trip deepz, no one likes you enough to respond :P
01/27/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Darkrachet
LOL YOU RESPONDED

LOL OMG, LOL GEEZE LOL!!!!
01/27/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Darkrachet
LOL YOU RESPONDED

I should have phrased that as "no one likes you enough to give a HELPFUL response" lol
Rogue: Legendary + Vial
Mage: Legendary + Cunning
Priest: Gets to be a Spectator
I'm surprised Vaeflare didn't respond with "Mists will fix it".
On a hpally with 4300 resl or a warlock with 4300 resl and soul link, A rogue can 100- to almost 0 in a simply Kidney/cheap vanish garrote.

If you do not have trinket or a healer spamming you you are pretty much dead as even if you get away, Shadowstep vanish ect.

How can this be balanced? Arena ruined 2012, Blizz does for one NOT CARE because they are now in MoP mode.
I have to agree with op, I've been playing wow 6 years and participate into every season except season 5. Been so frustrating since season 9 and finally unsubscribe the game that once I played almost every single day for PvP. And now I saw a blue post in arena forum (blue post appear in this forum once a year only!! you gotta read it!) that make me really want to cry!!
01/26/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds where you have more people to watch your back, you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.
... Seriously? Why don't you guys just shut off arena and have everybody play RBG only. RBG is one of the thing that pissing me off due to the higher conquest cap compare to arena and taking so many players away arena, it's stupid that I have to que into the same team for 10 times in a row or wait 10 min per que... well whatever I'm gone anyway.
Blue: "L2Play scrublet"

What happened to the blizzard posts with content?
As you already mentioned, in the upcoming patch there is a change to Vial of Shadows that should reduce some of the burst damage you are experiencing in PvP.

*snip*

Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Keep at it, and remember there are players out there equally as scared to see you step out onto the Arena floor. :)

Thank you for adding the section about learning new tactics!

All too often I see people complaining about dying very quickly, and after a few minutes of delving deeper, you discover a near zero resilience player with a backwards spec dying to someone with near 5k resilience who knows their class completely.

Thank you for understanding it's not just about the game, but the person playing it. Thank you.
in on last Blue post in arena forums til' 6.0

seeee ya

ps: until then i'll be dueling my rogue friends to better understand how to avoid their guaranteed openers and burst.