Too scared to Arena...

Arenas
Post Limit:
Prev 1 14 15 16 23 Next
Im just not sure that both PvP and PvE can be balanced. They once said that they didnt want skills to be different in pve and pvp but they already are.
I want to see this Blue take his own advice and duel a Legendary + Vial rogue. He's going to learn SO much about PVP. heh
01/28/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Sathrago
I want to see this Blue take his own advice and duel a Legendary + Vial rogue. He's going to learn SO much about PVP. heh
What are you talking about? That rogue with heroic vial/legendary daggers WAS the blue...
lol yeah he's teaching people life lessons left and right.

As far as the current balance of various classes: it’s something we are, as always, keeping a close watch on. We welcome you to post constructively about your observations in the appropriate threads, and the more focused and on-topic you can keep it, the better.

While it's not possible to address every individual thread or concern of the community, rest assured we are listening, regardless if you see us post within a particular thread or not.

I can't say how many times I have seen comments from blue along these lines. Yet it is a commonly known fact that Rdruids are way behind other healers in terms of arena, rbg, pvp healing as a class/spec. Yet there has not been one single acknowledgement by blue to this fact. Furthermore, wild growth was nerfed 20% for pve reasons where Rdruids have shined.

There is something inherently wrong when as currently equipped, a 3 sec hard cast heal hits for a measly 19-22k while ALL other healers can hit for 35k or more NON CRIT! When a 45-50k crit is a "wahoo" for a RDruid, a shaman will crit for 80k+.

When a shamman's totem ticks for the same or more than 3 gcd's of lifebloom there is something inherently wrong.

Not ONCE since S9 has there been a single acknowledgement of said issues by blue. So really, how can we possibly believe any of above?
01/28/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Karmakaze
What are you talking about? That rogue with heroic vial/legendary daggers WAS the blue...
lol yeah he's teaching people life lessons left and right.

By life lessons you mean he's telling us that PvP will not be fixed because Blizzard doesn't have a penny's worth of knowledge about it? Yea, that sums it up.
To further compliment the blue heads in the sand, here is a screenshot of dmg done by a fire mage with 386 avg ilvl, 378 weps, EIGHT unenchanted items and NO ebonsteel Belt buckle in BG.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/wowscrnshot012812165035.jpg/

And the player is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/scarlet-crusade/Beachside/advanced

Now I know this has nothing to do with Legendaries in arena, but the point being it's a rebuke to the awareness of Blue in pvp. Claiming they are aware.

P.S. That's my DK in number 2 and I was in constant combat nearly the entire time, and I am 394 ilvl equipped, 397 weps, everything enchanted and gemmed and NOT blood.
As far as the current balance of various classes: it’s something we are, as always, keeping a close watch on. We welcome you to post constructively about your observations in the appropriate threads, and the more focused and on-topic you can keep it, the better.

While it's not possible to address every individual thread or concern of the community, rest assured we are listening, regardless if you see us post within a particular thread or not.

Honestly I believe Blizzard to a point. I do think they read some posts. They aren't idiots. They know how we feel about Frost mages, they know how much warriors complain, etc. I think it's just a matter of time, money, and their vision of the game.

I don't think PVP is as important to them.
I don't think they want to spend the resources balancing a game that was never designed for fair PVP.
They rather put their money into PVE content, because for all we know that might be what most people play the game for, not PVP.

IMO being aware of concerns we have and actually wanting to address them are two different things. In the end it doesn't matter what we think, at least individually, not until it starts to affect them in a negative way.
I don't think PVP is as important to them.
I don't think they want to spend the resources balancing a game that was never designed for fair PVP.
They rather put their money into PVE content, because for all we know that might be what most people play the game for, not PVP.

Well if they won't bother fixing their game, maybe they need their subscriptions to drop back down to 100k like it was back in Vanilla.
you dont go hard in the paint, change your 2s name shaman.
01/28/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Torinado
Well if they won't bother fixing their game, maybe they need their subscriptions to drop back down to 100k like it was back in Vanilla.

It's just too much effort. They took on more then they could handle. This was their first MMO, hopefully they learned something from this game and their upcoming "Titan" project will be better.

Not even Blizzard will get it all right the first time.
I have 4600 res, and just got owned by a rogue using the new legendary daggers, they also had the vial.

My only reaction was damn!

I'm not saying that they are way over powered. Is there any strategy one can use that if a rogue using these daggers and has the proper trinkets that one can use (any class) to stop them from killing you within 7 secs? I in no way consider myself good at pvp, I just get lucky alot but no other rogue has taken me down so quickly.
01/28/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Baeloro
There is so much wrong with this post. Hmm, where to start. First and foremost, this is a team based game. It's not a game where you can just solo everything into oblivion, no matter what class you play. It's also not a game where you can run around all by yourself and expect to adequately defend yourself from one or more attackers.

Your post is terrible and makes no sense.

Of course it's a team game. My post never said anything about soloing things. What are you even responding to here?

Every class is given tools for both offense and defense, and some classes have more of one than other classes, but no single class has all the tools in one bag, not even the almighty rogues.

Every class is given some tools, yes, but that's irrelevant. Some classes/specs are given more and far better tools than other classes/specs. When one class has few and crappy tools for survival, lockdown, offense, etc. then that class ends up being inferior in PvP. This is pretty simple stuff, and that you don't understand it speaks volumes.

As other people have pointed out, if you stay in a group with other players, and work as a team to accomplish goals and objectives, you tend to do a lot better in the long run, and that's the way the game was intended to be played.

The tools each class gets are designed with group pvp in mind, which means that activities like 1v1 are slightly skewed because the amount of damage players can do is balanced around the presence of at least one healer. The amount of healing players can do is balanced around the presence of multiple DPS.

Again you're back to this strawman you've created where I'm apparently talking about soloing. Hollow truisms have nothing to do with the real issues in PvP that are pissing people off.

The 'fixing' you're talking about has thus far been in regard to class mechanics and spec viability. Right now, at this moment, every class has a viable spec in pvp, and most have more than one viable spec. There are some exceptions and instances where a class/spec is more viable in BGs than arena, or vice versa.

Resto druids are less viable than other healers everywhere. Alternatively, where are balance druids and elemental shamans more viable than frost mages? Besides a handful of gimmick locations like the Lumber Mill or the middle of EotS.

The changes they are making in MoP are different than a lot of changes they have made in the past, and while it's still too far away to fix anything now, as they've stated before, they don't want to go and make sweeping changes to a class in the middle of a season/patch.

Another strawman you've created. No one is asking for sweeping changes in the middle of a season. What people want is minor tweaks to get things more in line and less insane. Blizzard isn't doing any of this. Hell, even if they were asking for more major changes in between seasons, Blizzard isn't giving them to us. 4.3 did nothing to help PvP balance. Resto druids, who were already the worst PvP healer, got no buffs in 4.3, and actually got nerfed a little. Hell, they're even being nerfed indirectly next Tuesday in 4.3.2. 4.3 did nothing about the god specs of PvP either. Although it did give one of them access to some overpowered daggers.

As the blue stated, if you are finding yourself getting blown up in pvp, there are many things at your disposal both inside and outside the game, that can help you become a better player. I play arguably the weakest spec of any class out there (resto druid, lulz) as my MS in pvp, and I enjoy it.

You enjoying playing a crippled, nerfed class is irrelevant and doesn't address its problems (or any of the other PvP problems) at all. I know how to play my character very well, but when Blizzard has crippled it, no amount of "things at my disposal both inside and outside the game" (more hollow statements) will make it as effective as any of the other three healers. This is where the game designers need to take their heads out of the sand instead of doing nothing (besides nerfing) for the worst healing spec for a year.
These same promises were made before Cataclysm. Blizzard wrote that resilience and increased health pools would make games longer and allow for more strategy than just gibbing someone in 2 seconds. Now, we have rogues killing 4k resilience players in a cheapshot because of pve trinkets and legendaries.

Blizzard's only goal is to wave a carrot that will never be given in front of pvpers. A change to how proc pve items (trinkets, legendaries) work in arenas could be implemented right now, but instead we get another dishonest promise that won't be proven false until next year.

Blizzard's goal is to keep us playing and to dupe us into believing that glaring pvp imbalances will be solved. A half-assed attempt to fix pve items will be made in Mists of Pandaria; however, instead of spending time making it work in MoP, blizzard will promise to fix it in the next patch/expansion. Delay, delay, delay.

Blizzard sees that the competitive pvp community will always be complaining about something. Instead of addressing urgent issues and giving players something less urgent to whine about, they have decided it's easier just to do nothing at all. They've thrown their hands up and now we're a lost cause.

As long as someone like gc is in charge of pvp it will not get better, he's admitted in the past pvp was not something he cares about.
Keep. It. Going.