Cataclysm PVP Feedback

Battlegrounds
Post Limit:
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 Next

• What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

• PuGs vs Premades. It doesn't always mean a loss but balancing it so its pre vs pre, and balancing the amounts of healers and classes would be nice. Im tired of going into BGs with like 5 rogues or 6/10 of the alliance are healers.

• What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?

• I liked twin peaks and the Gilnaes one. After the failures that were IoC and SotA it was nice too see them go back to what works, although it just further proved that Cata was nothing more then WoW 2.0

• What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?

• Haven't arena'd much, but I like how players can still get pvp weapons without the ratings, as the reward for being the best should be a shiny big number to sate one's ego.

• What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?

• Resil doing flat damage. That crit nonsense was crap and crippled certain specs.

• What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

• That I still have to suffer through the non-pvp BGs (AV, IoC and SotA). Also Tol Barad is right down there with sandlol, ring around the crapbox isn't fun when the alliance outnumber/outgear your entire team at each base.

• What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

• People getting carried, but I guess people will always exploit it.

• What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

• For the love of god DISPELS. Healers are annoying enough without dispeling that combustion I was banking on... well that and just about all my DoTs that have no talented protection, hence why I went back to frost... which is still vulnerable to dispels.

• What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to? (here is a summary of what is coming: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424795794 )

• -New Talents (Yea im not affraid of change, actually love it and wanna give the new spells a try)
    -Opting out bad BGs in the random que
    -New BG concepts, really want to give those a try too
    What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

Legendaries, especially single class legendaries, need to be kept far away from any kind of PVP. When I saw the rogue daggers announced in all the hullaboo for 4.3, I thought to myself "Maybe they learned their lesson from Season 3/4 in BC." Nope. I'd honestly rather they take legendaries out completely, seeing as how my main (a tank) hasn't even HAD one available in the last 7 years, but Blizzard is going to continue giving zero funks. Trinkets are alright, I guess. Just make them less powerful.

Conquest cap needs to go away. Maybe put the rating-required gear on a separate tier of points that is limited, but the stuff that isn't needs to be available to anyone who wants to grind the points. Being at less than decent power coming into this season right now is really painful. Maybe start out with a cap then increase it for all as the season goes on, regardless of MMR.

Speaking on that, the points earned req for JP/T1 PVP weapons also needs to go away. What is even the point in making players wait over a month to get a weapon when you can just join a 8/8 pug or LFR and get a Gurthalak which is considered superior than its PVP equivalent? Only reason I bought mine is because I have horrible luck with drops/LFR.

TLDR: PVP gear grind still sucks compared to PVE grind, PVE gear still ruling PVP.

What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?

Twin Peaks. Awesome BG, great spin on WSG.

Less AV. IOC I can deal with. AV is just stale and needs to go away. I'm noticing it hardly ever pops in the randoms.

What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?

A return to the "play for points" model, meaning casual PVPers can compete at the low level and still have fun and feel like they're accomplishing something.

Otherwise, nothing, actual competitive arena is at its worst. Class/comps are ridiculous, PVE gear is ridiculous, Season 3/4 all over again.

What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?

Ratings removal for S1 gear. Finally, people who can't find a solid set of partners or play an undesirable class (like warriors currently) can get the gear they need to enjoy themselves in PVP. Huge QOL change for the better.

The ability to trade VP for CP on a 1:1 ratio. Another huge QOL change that makes it easier for casual PVE-ers to get into PVP without having to start from the bottom. Also improves the level of competition in arena since the "for points" players now have a better alternative. JP/HP conversions should honestly also be 1:1 while we're at it.

CP for random BGs. Though if I can make a suggestion, change it to be like dungeon finder with the first 7 BGs you win giving you the CP bonus.

Resilience being a flat damage bonus. Though this needs to be lessened for healers, to be honest, but that's more a class balance issue since some of them are squishy and the rest are raid bosses.

What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

RBGs are even less accessible than arena for most players. To even GET into most trade-channel RBG groups on Arthas Alliance you need like 1800 MMR and full T1 gear on top of being the right class/spec. I loved rolling premade groups in vanilla PVP, especially against other premade groups, but it's now even less inclusive.

IOC, SOTA, just retire these. Vehicle BGs need to be forgotten forever along with WG.

What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

Competitive arena right now is a joke. Class balance is completely jacked up due to widely-available legendaries and unbalanced PVE trinkets, and cleave teams. Blizzard hasn't really done anything to fix these or make good counters. Same crap, different xpac, I'm not hopeful this will change at all.

What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

Blizzard pretty much introduces a new form of competitive PVP (in this case RBGs) and leaves everything else to rot. Arena improvements were more or less nonexistent this expansion. It's stuff like this that makes people interested in games like Guild Wars 2.

They need to actually look at performance metrics and see that certain classes are destroying everything else, season after season. I'd be willing to bet money that rogues and mages will still be ridiculous in Season 14 or whatever.

I would ask for more world PVP, bust aside from TB which is either getting run over by bored groups waiting for queues, or running over hapless folks trying to get their dailies done, it's dead. No use mourning its corpse.
    Blizz, please do something about your raid frames. I'm not sure if this effects PvE, but in PvP the broken raid frames can be a game breaker. If someone leaves the BG while you are in combat, the frames don't update and I can't target/heal people until the spot is filled and I have gotten out of combat. I have seen two frames having my name and I have also seen my own frame completely disappear. Definitely not fun when being focused by a bunch of players. Reloading the UI fixes it, but it is not always possible to reload the ui while in combat.

I have used addon's in the past for raid frames, and this was never a problem with xperl or grid. However, I like the simplicity of the Blizz UI and I do try to keep my screen and computer as free from addons as I can. I would like to continue to use the Blizz frames, but seriously? They are broken and do not update if someone leaves the BG while I am in combat.
    From all that I have read it seems most of what people are posting is combat and class balance, so I'd like to give my input on some non-combat oriented issues.

I would like to see more line of sight and terrain fixtures in both arenas and battlegrounds. Twin Peaks was a good example. I felt the bg was well done with just enough open area, and still has plenty of areas to escape, hide, or line of sight.

A rating decay for inactive teams is needed for rated play. Much of the higher rating play stops after the first few weeks of a season. The pvp ladders are just plagued by teams that sit on rating for entire seasons once they have the ratings they desire. Large amounts of which only have one or two members even on the team, many are toons on inactive accounts or bought the ratings for titles. If a rating decay was added for any team or team member that hasn't done a certain number of matches over a set period (say three weeks for hacked accounts and vacations), the ladders would become much more active and it would stop a lot of rating selling.

Another suggestion is the removal of weapon conquest point requirements and possibly even weekly conquest point limit once a pvp season has been active for a set amount of time. I understand a lot of these caps and requirements are probably needed early on to limit gear rushing and quick weapon upgrades with new seasons/raids; however, once a season and raid has been in game for a few months, having the cap only limits true pvp ladder competition. New and returning toons having gear a tier lower competing against older characters disrupts true competition later in the season.

I would also like pvp rewards for casual pvp gaming increased. Such as a small amount of gold awarded for random battlegrounds won, just like you would receive from a random dungeon or lfr. An increase to the three reputations from pvp would also be nice.

The one combat oriented change I would like to see is the removal of random damage proc items in rated play. I don't mind if someone would like to wear pve gear in a pvp fight, but the random damage proc items such as cunning of the cruel, vial of shadows, and the legendary items adds an entirely new level of damage and rng scaling to large fights. The damage from some of these items scale fights especially large ones such as rated battlegrounds far too much.

Thank you.
    This is my first season playing WoW(hit 85 at the end of s10) and I really enjoy PvP.

The only real changes I think need to be made is Ban all people who complain.
    Personally, Cata has seem an overall good balance accross the board on melee classes. However for a warrior class, I do we have had the short end of this melee list. Rogues just have so much over us, Pallies have to be killed TWICE and last night I ss'd me killing a 200+K HP Blood DK because man I hit hard, but to them it feels like a wet noodle.

So I would really like to see the warrior arsenal being as beafed as other melee classes have it. Also, bring vengance back in Prot PVP, there was never any real wheight behind the idea to remove it from PVP.
    It's impossible to fix class balancing or lack there of, its just natural as people figure out the new seasons tricks or advantages. Blizzard will never change something that really only affects the top 5% when the 95% is way more lucrative to them.
    Ok, that being said....

I love the idea of balancing the randoms to have equal amount if healers, just like how they monitor LFG.

Also love the idea of 2 BGs being in the CTAs to offer a more refreshing grind.

I have no problems with legendary and pve trinkets being used in pvp, if they are that OP.... Then go get them. They put the work into getting them, they should not be told when or when not they can use em.

A lot the problems being listed are personal that can be fixed by the player. Do it if u want it, go get it.
    It's impossible to fix class balancing or lack there of, its just natural as people figure out the new seasons tricks or advantages. Blizzard will never change something that really only affects the top 5% when the 95% is way more lucrative to them.
    Ok, that being said....

I love the idea of balancing the randoms to have equal amount if healers, just like how they monitor LFG.

Also love the idea of 2 BGs being in the CTAs to offer a more refreshing grind.

I have no problems with legendary and pve trinkets being used in pvp, if they are that OP.... Then go get them. They put the work into getting them, they should not be told when or when not they can use em.

A lot the problems being listed are personal that can be fixed by the player. Do it if u want it, go get it.

What if you don't want to play/don't like the class that can get them? And its pretty silly that the pve items are that good that they are a requirement. Most pvpers don't want to pve to be competitive. Or they just don't flat out like pve, its not their problem its a problem with the game design.
    So many replies to read through uggghh. Not sure if this has been brought up here, but just a suggestion for some new pvp achievements for MoP : Raise Damage Control up from 300,000 to 30,000,000 ; Raise Wrecking Ball from 20 to 50 ; Raise the total of HK's from 250,000 to 1,000,000 since they will be combined throughout account then have a sweet title for that! Would like to here any feedback or other suggestions.
    What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

The biggest problem I've had with PvP is that in order to get a BiS set, you have to do PvE, while you don't need to PvP to get a BiS PvE set.

What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?

I really like Battle For Gilneas and Twin Peaks, when in BfG the individual has more importance, and in Twin Peaks, it is like Warsong Gulch 2.0. There is more strategies you can do in it.

What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?

I can't really say much about arenas, haven't arena'd before cata.

What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?

I like the new bgs.

What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

No timers on capping.

What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

Healers. You have one or you lose.

What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

Crowd control. I think it should have universal diminishing returns for all players attempting to CC a target. E.G. A mage can't spam CC, then have a rogue try to stunlock, or if a rogue uses sap-cheapshot-kidneyshot, the time on a mage's freeze's would be reduced vastly.

What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to?

I like what the warlock and deathknight are receiving.
    At the moment im trying to get some pvp gear so i sign up for the Av weekend. Seems to be alright even though we lost 90% of our matches. Only problem i find with pvp was that people were signing up in groups with People in all arena gear or just full chanted pvp gear and roll face everyone else.

Blizzard should make it so the groups for signing up for bg's are limited. And if you're in a premade they should make it so you can't enter Standard Bg's at all. It's so bad that at times people cant even leave the graveyard for longer than 2 seconds. I would hardly find this a fair fight. Not to mention people can use the potion of invisibility so anyone can go into stealth. It's hardly a fair fight when you can't even reserect for longer then a few seconds.
    Yes, Acti-blizz please be less biased towards PvP, MMO's are inherently players competeing against other players.

WoW is just as much PvP as it is PvE, if not more.
    This is not an opinion, it is a fact.

How can you find balance, wile blatantly focusing on PvE? Where many of ones abilties can stay in your spellbook free of any negative repercussions what so ever?
    Balance WoW around PvP = All of our problems solved.

----------
    P.S - Hardmodes are not new content, pointing the finger at you D3!!
    Crowd Control:
    I think the state of crowd control in PVP is possibly the biggest issue in the PVP side of the game right now. There are so many different forms of CC flying around that a player can easily spend the majority of a PVP engagement CC'ed in some fashion. My general reasoning for why this is a problem is this; the longer a player is CC'ed in any given PVP engagement, the less their skill as a player is affecting the outcome of that engagement.

My take on this problem is multiplayer bg vs single combat .apples and oranges ,the talents built into characters work well in small scale combats but when you go to multiplayer bg's the sheer numbers of interrupts ,cc, fears and silences focused on single characters takes control away from that person and never gives it back. only characters with talents for limited immunities (stealth,bubbles,defensive mechanisms ) have a chance to engage multiple combatants, other's without such talents are not going to enjoy the encounter. much time and effort has been spent by wow to balance this but not really having much success.
    I think the talent's and spell's should be different for multiple player vs single player encounters. perhaps like a raid mode or bg mode vs a normal mode