World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client

Technical Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 55 Next
02/01/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Deghar
Anyone else incapable of using AddOns with the 64-bit version?

nope
02/01/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Commack
Anyone else incapable of using AddOns with the 64-bit version?

nope

For some reason, it's not letting me use AddOns with this client version. Any suggestion on how to get the AddOns to work? I'm not even seeing the option present on the character selection screen, where it usually is.
02/01/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Deghar

nope

For some reason, it's not letting me use AddOns with this client version. Any suggestion on how to get the AddOns to work? I'm not even seeing the option present on the character selection screen, where it usually is.

Is the client in the same root folder as your 32-bit client? if not then it won't see the addon files.

thanks

As I said, I can run WoW everything maxed out with 100 framerate in places like Deepholm, never below 30 (everything on Ultra).

I run Skyrim on High (not Ultra High) with about 40 - 60 FPS.

I really really don't think my graphic card is the issue.

The Nvidia control panel allows you to select various options for different applications. I was looking around the other night, before any 64-bit client was available, and remember seeing options for something like the video card, hybrid, and integrated. Maybe for some of us the 64-bit client it choosing integrated or hybrid by default and we need to go in and switch it to the video card or hybrid, just don't use integrated only. I'm not at my gaming computer now to try it. I think it might be worth a shot though. If someone does try it before I can, please post the results.

Thanks

This solved my problem. I can't say yet whether or not my FPS is better than it is on 32bit, but it's no longer worse on 64bit then it is on 32bit.
Tried this fix.
I can Log in. Select character. Enter game..........It locks up at this point.
I have tried EVERY thing. Ran the 64 bit. no success. Deleted 64 bit client and related files.Ran 32-bit. No success.
I am extremely confused. The game ran fine yesterday AFTER the patch. I played it for several hours, ran instances. had no lag or disconnects.
Attempted to play today.........game locks up, PC locks up.
( I currently run windows7, AMD Phenom II x4 970 3.50 GHz, 8 gigs ram, nvidia GeForce 210 1024 ram)
I also have tried every other solution posted.
Checked internet settings. Checked for malware/viruses.
Updated ALL drivers.
Deleted re-installed WTF folder.

Is the client in the same root folder as your 32-bit client? if not then it won't see the addon files.

thanks

That fixed it. Thanks.

The Nvidia control panel allows you to select various options for different applications. I was looking around the other night, before any 64-bit client was available, and remember seeing options for something like the video card, hybrid, and integrated. Maybe for some of us the 64-bit client it choosing integrated or hybrid by default and we need to go in and switch it to the video card or hybrid, just don't use integrated only. I'm not at my gaming computer now to try it. I think it might be worth a shot though. If someone does try it before I can, please post the results.

Thanks

This solved my problem. I can't say yet whether or not my FPS is better than it is on 32bit, but it's no longer worse on 64bit then it is on 32bit.

thanks

That fixed it. Thanks.

Glad I could help.
but why did you make another folder to install de 64 client? isnt just drop them in the main wow folder?
Was hoping it would make my logout time shorter

no such luck

but my loading screen does seem a lot faster

As I said, I can run WoW everything maxed out with 100 framerate in places like Deepholm, never below 30 (everything on Ultra).

I run Skyrim on High (not Ultra High) with about 40 - 60 FPS.

I really really don't think my graphic card is the issue.

Thanks

This helps! 100% exactly it... my system was selecting my integrated card, not the GT 525M.

Not sure if the guy that told me to buy a vid card knows what nVidia is, but this is a solution he needs to see.

Thank you again!

Anyone else not able to log under 64bit? It works just fine when I go back to 32bit.

Thanks

This helps! 100% exactly it... my system was selecting my integrated card, not the GT 525M.

Not sure if the guy that told me to buy a vid card knows what nVidia is, but this is a solution he needs to see.

Thank you again!

Yeah, I know what nVidia is, but you never said you had both, a card, and integrated, and why would you even have integrated turned on in the bios if you have a card.... that's beyond me.
02/01/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Alyndra
After I installed, I was not able to use my mouse keybindings. Uninstalled until that issue is fixed. I live and breathe with my mouse.

What mouse are you trying to use?

I have the Steel Series Cataclysm gaming mouse.
Is it ok if my fps hasn't changed at all ? It's all looking the same ordinary numbers from x86 version.
What sort of systems are those of you who are seeing framerate reductions using?

Edited 'cuz me no english gud.

Have yet to try the 64 client, but I have

Quad core AMD Phenom II 940
4 GB RAM
GTX 560 Ti

The game is behaving like it did when I first got my vid card 2 months ago. I initially had Directx 9 flagged. When I checked Directx 11, suddenly my fps shot up to 60 (I have it capped) and has been there until this patch. Now I get 45 if I stand still in a room. Running outside drops to <10 fps.
Intel Core i7-2630QM
64-bit Op System
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
4 Gigs of RAM

Same specs here, seeing an improvement of general FPS in wow, haven't tested in a raid setting yet though.

I usually get about 20-40 fps in a raid, but it'll spike down to 2 fps for seconds at a time, hoping this fixes that issue.

Also if anyone has any idea about why none of my settings save, would be good. >.<
When attempting to launch x64, i receive an error stating the versions dont match. Anyone know what this is?....running latest patch 4.3.2, and downloaded and extracted into my ptr folder.