World of Warcraft *4.3.4* 64 bit client

Technical Support
Prev 1 45 46 47 55 Next
An interesting problem cropped up last night. With 4.3.3 I have to give the launcher admin privs in Win 7 in order for the 64 bit version to run. And I discovered that if WoW is running with admin privs, I cannot talk on ventrilo! It took me a while to figure out during a raid, but if I alt-tabbed to Windows, I could talk fine. So I removed the admin privs and went back to the 32 bit client and Ventrilo works fine. This is pretty unacceptable.
03/01/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Roglof
An interesting problem cropped up last night. With 4.3.3 I have to give the launcher admin privs in Win 7 in order for the 64 bit version to run. And I discovered that if WoW is running with admin privs, I cannot talk on ventrilo! It took me a while to figure out during a raid, but if I alt-tabbed to Windows, I could talk fine. So I removed the admin privs and went back to the 32 bit client and Ventrilo works fine. This is pretty unacceptable.
Right click on your sound button in the taskbar. Click Playback Devices, then find your main sound device, go to the Properties of it, and to Advanced(should be the last tab). Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and then do the same for any input(Recording) device that you may use.

Then see if it works properly. Also, you may consider running Vent as admin if you don't already.
03/01/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Zaladormu
Also, you may consider running Vent as admin if you don't already.

This fixed it for me, I'd suggest trying this.
I have had no issues with the 64bit Client and I have been running it for a couple of weeks now. Thank you for the free system upgrade blizzard:)
Running it great in 64 bit suse linux 11.4, with 64 bit wine and the 64 bit wow client.

Seems to handle memory better and run smoother, or could be my imagination.

I ran fine before, but my guess is this is better since its keeping everything 64 bit. I simply plopped the files in my wow folder, pointed my shortcut in linux to the 64 bit *.exe, then was off and running.

Patched up to 4.3.3 fine, then dumped in the new one, still great.
i am unable to log into my account after patching to 64bit version..it says unable to connect or contact support for details :(
Doesn't seem to raise FPS for me, (Macbook, White Mid 2010) but loading time has definitely decreased significantly.
Im testing and my game is running without problems.
woot, 3-way sli and no bugs ---- thank you blizzard

edit: i used to have to disable sli all together or use nvidia's setting to run WoW off of 1 GPU, now i dont have too
I ran into the 4.3.3 patch problem with the 64 bit client and so deleted the files as in the support post. I d/l'd the new 64 bit client and extracted it into the wow directory. Upon restarting wow it detected data corruption and is now dling a 256mb patch. Just an fyi.

Other than that have had no issues running 64bit on Win7
PLZZZZZ SOMEONE I NEED HELP I WON`T LET ME PLAY PLZZ MESSAGE ME IF U CAN HELP PLZZZ.
Had to add a step on this for mine to work.

1. You delete 64 bit client
2. Then you update wow BEFORE getting a new 64 bit client through launcher
3. AFTER 4.3.3 is installed, you download new 64 bit client
4. Right click on each file and go to properties, then at the bottom of the general tab press unblock.

Not sure if this was just a random bug or not but running Win7 Pro and after I unblocked the files I was able to start wow via the launcher with no errors.
03/01/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Roglof
With 4.3.3 I have to give the launcher admin privs in Win 7 in order for the 64 bit version to run.

fwiw I run Win7-64 and am patched up to WoW v4.3.3 and never expressly give the launcher admin priviledges when I run WoW. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I don't have WoW installed on my System (C:\) partition.
Will be trying it it later today!
Hopefully my performance will be awesome! :P
After updating to the 64 bit client I saw a huge drop in FPS, but turned on DirectX 11 which someone in an earlier post suggested and I am now seeing amazing results.

Back on 32 bit I'd get 20-30 FPS in Org and around 20-25 FPS during boss fights. Now I am seeing 60 FPS in Org and around 50-60 FPS in parts of Org with tons of people. I am also seeing 50+ FPS during raids.
I have tested this cleint thoroughly over tghe last 3 days. It has worked flawlessly for me. I wanted to say THANKYOU Blizzard for this. This 64-bit client is very helpful for customers like me that have high end rigs and who want to take advantage of them.

The download and installation was a no brainer. I simply downloaded the files. Slid them into the C:/Program Files (x86)/World of Warcraft folder, and launched the client. I did NOT have to move folders, do any hacks, change executables or any of that. I didn;t even have to uncheck anything. It launched the 64 bit client right out of the gate.

The client run flawlessly, and gave me massive gains in peformance acceross ther board. In SW I was getting 60-67 FPS before, and now I get anywhere from 97-120 even during peak server load times. In 25 man LFR I have absolutely zero lag, do not suffer low min FPS, and actually get greater than 70+ at all times, even when it goes black where everybody complains of "lag" (actually low FPS). I used to get like 250+ FPS in IF and now get anywhere from 300-500 FPS.

My Addon's now use twice the memory they used before and run MUCH MUCH more efficiently. My Load Times have dropped dramatically, and my logoff times are more like "Bang...you're out!". hehe

All gaming periferals and binds worked as before without issue. I have not expwerienced a single bug in the game since loading this client, but before saw a few notorious bugs that have been reported elsewhere on this forum so will not rehash those.

Rig Specs Posted Below:

Rampage II Extreme
Intel Core i7 965 @ 3.8 Ghz
Corsair Dominator 1600 6GB Kit
EVGA GTX 580 SC @ 797/1594/2025
WoW Drive - Velociraptor 150
Win Vista Ultimate 64 latest SP and patches and DX 11 patch applied
Cooling: Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX 360, Swiftech GTZ CPU Block, EK FC-580 Nickel/Acetal GPU Full Cover Block, DDC 3.2 Pump, 1/2" Lines and DD Fatboy Fittings, 6x Sanyo Fans in push/pull on radiator running at 2000rpm via Lamptron FC-8 Controller
PSU: OCZ EliteXtreme 1000 watt
Other Drive: 2x 1TB Caviar Drives for backup images and storage of other data
Sounds: Too much to list...it's basically another rig attached to the rig above...yes I'm an audiophile too. Yes, it's expensive. Yes, I am addicted to technology and WoW and have partially lost my mind! LOL 8-]

Perfiferals: Ideazon (now Steelseries) MERC Stealth Keyboard, Razer Imperator mouse, Logitech G-13
I'm getting the following error when trying to launch wow:

Can not stream required archive data. Please check the network connection.

I've removed the files and downloaded the noted 64 bit replacement files.

Help?
02/29/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Mydeadwife
Couldn't log in at all.

Dorf, unzipped them in download folder and lost the 2 files that were not wow64.exe. Works fine now.