Vial of Shadows for Ferals?

Druid
I know before the patch the vial was great, but how's it looking up for ferals now in pve and pvp?

I'd assume it would still be pretty good in pve, especially fights where you tunnel the boss for long amounts of time.

But for pvp, it seems almost useless... Is it?

it's still a ton of damage.

i'd use it in pvp if i had one.
Still BiS for PvE. Damage was just distributed out a bit more rather than in chunks of huge burst.
I see. On my feral i have my cataclysmic badge that grants 2.4k agility, kryptig sigil which is 2.3k agility with 200 mastery and the wrath of unchaining raid finder version which is the static 780 agility, and of course the vial. Which one should i use? The vial barley does any damage on geared targets, especially in arena. At least from what i saw.

edit: i have the normal vial*

i'd use normal vial in most cases.

if you are the train target on your comp i'd go with the conquest badge for the resil.

offensively, the vial is going to be the best of those options by a good margin. vial should still crit for over 10k on fully resil'd targets, and about every 10s now.
i'd use normal vial in most cases.

if you are the train target on your comp i'd go with the conquest badge for the resil.

offensively, the vial is going to be the best of those options by a good margin. vial should still crit for over 10k on fully resil'd targets, and about every 10s now.

I see. Thanks Elle.
1. Crit 20 (51%) (Min: 4849 Avg: 8709 Max: 14321)
2. Hit 17 (44%) (Min: 3253 Avg: 4125 Max: 6465)

It hit 37 times over the course of 1 Battle for Gilneas game, I managed to do 2.3M damage in that bg total, with Lightning Strike doing 244,299 damage.

The battleground was about 20 minutes long.
K. Playing with it some more. I still don't understand why it's good for pvp.

I could use a vial that at most, will crit for 8k on fully geared targets (5k+ resil). or i could use a badge that increases agility by 2500 so i can apply my bleeds under that and get 10k ticks on 5k resil.
It really isn't that good anymore, I don't care what anyone says (pvp aspect that is the pve it's still a good trinket)

Doing dailys in full pvp gear with normal arena buffs it hit mobs for like 12k crits or so, assuming 4500 resil you can cut that crit down by about 44ish% which leaves it at around 6.5k...that's pitiful.

Yes it's proc rate has been increased a lot, but with the small amount it hits for now (seriously it's depressing on a fully resiled holy pally =( ) and the relatively low up time feral has on a lot of classes meaning we don't take full advantage of the increased proc rate, I don't think it's worth it anymore other than the static agi.

That being said, I also don't think the pvp badge is the way to go right now either, considering I'm not even full cata geared and don't enchant/gem for resil and i'm already really really close to 4600 resil....I'd say using ApS to line up agi burst with TF and static mastery, or matrix restab or something would probably better than either of those choices.
I would probably agree that it's still good for PvE but it doesn't give the burst it used to for PvP probably better to just go with an agility trinket instead

It hit 37 times over the course of 1 Battle for Gilneas game, I managed to do 2.3M damage in that bg total, with Lightning Strike doing 244,299 damage.

so it did ~10% of your damage. that's pretty huge for a trinket.

it's got, what, ~450 agi on it? the conquest badge has ~2500 agi for 20s/2m, or ~415 average agi.

so basically, comparing to the badge you are trading the resil for the proc. and getting all the agi in a burst window instead of all the time.

8k crits on fully resil targets are hard to get excited about, i get that. but they should be on like an 8s ICD now, so that has potential to add up to a *ton* of damage, as you showed in your bg run.

tough one. i don't have a vial so i can't really compare. i've started using the wrath of unchaining and i'm digging it so far.

full stack + kiril's stack + 'zerk ain't right.

it ain't right.

so it did ~10% of your damage. that's pretty huge for a trinket.

it's got, what, ~450 agi on it? the conquest badge has ~2500 agi for 20s/2m, or ~415 average agi.

so basically, comparing to the badge you are trading the resil for the proc. and getting all the agi in a burst window instead of all the time.

8k crits on fully resil targets are hard to get excited about, i get that. but they should be on like an 8s ICD now, so that has potential to add up to a *ton* of damage, as you showed in your bg run.

tough one. i don't have a vial so i can't really compare. i've started using the wrath of unchaining and i'm digging it so far.

full stack + kiril's stack + 'zerk ain't right.

it ain't right.

Heh. Jelly of your trinket, i have the raid finder version and I think even the raid finder version is great, and i'd have to agree with you when you say that the damage builds up over time on vial, but... in arenas wouldn't it be better to have more controlled burst? I know in my games a super hard time bringing down targets without a ton of burst. :\
I was reading on the rogue forums that the heroic version now on live does roughly the same damage as the prenerf LFR Vial (which was really good). The only difference is that it procs every 10 seconds instead of twice a minute.

I personally wouldn't use it over a clicky resilience trinket with the exception of the heroic version. If I had it, things would die.
I was reading on the rogue forums that the heroic version now on live does roughly the same damage as the prenerf LFR Vial (which was really good). The only difference is that it procs every 10 seconds instead of twice a minute.

I personally wouldn't use it over a clicky resilience trinket with the exception of the heroic version. If I had it, things would die.

I'm sad for you, it must be tough being a feral druid who can't make things die.