Shared Achievements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 16 Next
02/08/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Conceivably, we could do something similar for pets and mounts.

Is this just referring to the method in which account wide pets could work, or is it saying that the account wide pets isn't currently planned? I only ask because blizzcon mentioned something about account wide pets during the pet battle presentation and they would be cool to have for MoP.
In terms of Bind on Account items, we believe that using the mail system to transfer heirlooms from one character to another is less than ideal. We’d like to work ourselves away from that sort of item distribution model, and have some design goals in mind that would change the mechanics of how heirlooms are distributed in-game.

I'd like to submit my vote to keep some sort of Bind on Account items to still be mail-able. The reason for this, when I transfer an expensive item or a large amount of gold between my characters, I'll throw in an heirloom... just to be 100% sure it's only going to my account and I didn't accidently misspell my own character name.
I would like for mounts to be account wide.

That is all.
Umm if you have to do the achievements on alts to get them, what is the purpose of allowing them account wide ?

I think you either missed the point of my comment or deliberately chose to overlook what I was saying.

Perhaps I am missing the point...but couldn't you just not use the title despite having it? For example under this new system my Warlock would have "Crusader" but I wouldn't use it on him because it doesn't really fit warlocks...or at least my definition of them. Couldn't you just sit on particular titles until you felt the character earned them?

Yes, in answer to your question you could decide to just not use the title in spite of having it. But of course there are going to be players who will use these titles regardless though. I admit, and do so readily, that earning achievements like "Got My Mind On My Money: Loot 50,000 gold" is NOT something I was to do on every one of my toons. If there was an account wider version of it though, "Got My Mind On Our Money: Loot 100,000 gold between all your toons" that would be something different and maybe worth looking into. But achievements like that are monotonous. Same with the catching X amount of fish achievements.
(edit: I'm okay with many achievements being account-wide, but I do believe certain ones just should not be.)

But the titles you earn, are a really nice way of showing how dedicated you were on this toon to get that title. It's essentially a feat saying, "Yes, I went there, I faced these dangers, I conquered the big bad, and afterward I made an Epic Feast for all." And it just feels like it's cheating a little bit to grant all of your toons these titles. Your level 65 Warlock running around as "Iptuk the Kingslayer" or whatever, what did that toon really do to earn that title? A big brother or sister just said, "Hey, I'm epic, so you should be epic too. By proxy of course." It just doesn't feel right. I'm Dryadius the Camel-Hoarder, I sure as heck don't want my alts to have that achievement awarded title. They didn't get it, Dryadius did.

I think that titles should be treated as a mark of honor and respect unique for each toon. It's an acknowledgement of a mark of effort that a specific player put into a specific toon. That is how I feel, and if I explained it clearly enough, that is my point.

Now I'm not going to quit or anything like that if everyone gets the same titles regardless. And I won't complain any further if it does happen because I feel like I've made my point here. I may try to clarify in a future comment if I feel the need to. But I will keep playing the game and I eagerly look forward to seeing what happens. I just am grateful this is read, and hopefully understood.
02/08/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Atavian
I'd like to submit my vote to keep some sort of Bind on Account items to still be mail-able. The reason for this, when I transfer an expensive item or a large amount of gold between my characters, I'll throw in an heirloom... just to be 100% sure it's only going to my account and I didn't accidently misspell my own character name.

I would like to see an auto-complete added for our own characters, similar to the one for members of your guild. This would solve the misspelling your own characters problem and should be easy to implement since the system is in place already for guild members and I believe for names on your friend list.
Its for the Ironman Challenge playstyle : here is the link to the forum info:
(btw i cannot quote your link for some reason) Why would you do that? It sounds like a very terrible grind to max level. /cringe Might as well just nude aoe grind all the way.

How does shared achievements mess that up thou? I would assume you prove "Ironman Challenge" with Character stats not achievements right? Which are in the same UI screen but on different tabs, I don't think they have said anything about that, just the achievements.
I'd like to add my comment. I know I represent a very small niche in WoW, but at least I can use this forum to be heard.

The decision has been made, but as a level 1 twink with over 2900 achievement points, the individuality of those achievements is why I play her.

I have 12k on my main, but that's not really that impressive. To have (soon to be) 3000 on a level 1 character is what sets her apart.

I do not like this change. I see it from a different view, the achievements were earned by the player and the toon they played at the time. I remember the great times I had with my lvl60 rogue raiding in ZG and MC and I think fondly of her. My warrior has been my main since just after we cleared MC the first time and he has been my proudest character.

I'm not a RP guy, but the nostalgia of the character is the part of the fun.

For this to work, Blizzard MUST make this an ALL or nothing. Blizz wants ppl to enjoy other classes besides their 'main' as many won't deviate from play because of achievements / mounts / pets. The ONLY way for this to happen is for ppl to not feel like they're losing out on improving their main by playing an alt. (I am one of these ppl).

As a result, every single character on every single account that's merged to a battle.net ID should have shared chieves, pets, mounts.

Could this account-side logic be applied to Heirloom equipment in the future, such that we can send the items across realms? I understand the programming in the current model would be a complete devil, but if the Heirlooms are ever fixed up to be given to the Battlenet account itself, could they be assigned to a given character/realm via the account options?

In terms of Bind on Account items, we believe that using the mail system to transfer heirlooms from one character to another is less than ideal. We’d like to work ourselves away from that sort of item distribution model, and have some design goals in mind that would change the mechanics of how heirlooms are distributed in-game.

We think it would be wonderful to simplify the system so that, for example, you might have a constant heirloom page across all your characters that you could peruse and select from at your leisure. Conceivably, we could do something similar for pets and mounts.

As always, these sorts of design ideas are constantly being evaluated. I just think it’s worth pointing out we’re not currently aiming to create a system that would allow players to mail heirlooms across realms or accounts. We believe that would be a sub-optimal design, and we have better solutions in mind for the future.

I'm a 5 boxer and have 1 void storage holding 5x sets of heirlooms i'm working on. Heirlooms can currently be moved across accounts. Please be sure to place notes if you're going to come up with a different solution as I'd really hate to lose 4 accounts worth of heirlooms as I have them all stored in one place.
I'm very very very happy .... gj blizz
They need to give us some more info..

:(
I'm hoping mounts, pet, heirlooms, Achievement become assessable when one toon get them for all other alts or future alts..

We think it would be wonderful to simplify the system so that, for example, you might have a constant heirloom page across all your characters that you could peruse and select from at your leisure. Conceivably, we could do something similar for pets and mounts.

Yet why not do what other recent games have done and have a small "account bank" which allows you to share items from one character to another between characters easily? I think I speak for the majority of players when I say that its not just heirlooms that we don't want to distribute to our other characters through the mail.
Make it so you can xfer items via mail there should be a separate tab in the mailbox that you can input the characters name & server so you can xfer heirlooms across servers.
They need to give us some more info..

:(

I hope we will hear more in March at the latest
I'm Stok3d!

As always, these sorts of design ideas are constantly being evaluated. I just think it’s worth pointing out we’re not currently aiming to create a system that would allow players to mail heirlooms across realms or accounts. We believe that would be a sub-optimal design, and we have better solutions in mind for the future.

Why don't you head over to Diablo 3's development team, and use the same concept they use for their AH to transfer between characters. Use the void storage as a way to store it when you don't need it. To take it out, go back to your character screen, and select which character to withdraw it out to. Put a consortium npc in every starting area located near the mailbox. So that it doesn't get exploited make it to where you can only select BoAs in the character selection screen for when you select the void storage button.

Something like...

Character -
Purchases BoA
Stores in Void Storage
Logs out to Character Selection
Clicks Void Storage Button (Implement)
Comes up with Void Storage for BoAs
Click Specific BoA
- Select which character to withdraw it to
Log on new character
Talk to Consortium NPC to withdraw