Shared Achievements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 16 Next
While we’re still working out many of the details regarding account-wide achievement functionality, I want to clarify that we plan for the system to apply to all achievements -- not just those added in Mists of Pandaria. It’s intended to be an overall change to the current achievement system.

Our goal is to make it so that you feel like you only have to get an achievement once. We think the time and effort you put into achievements should be evident regardless of which character you’re playing. The update will be implemented at the Battle.net level and, as such, would apply to all of the attached World of Warcraft licenses on the account.
While we’re still working out many of the details regarding account-wide achievement functionality, I want to clarify that we plan for the system to apply to all achievements -- not just those added in Mists of Pandaria. It’s intended to be an overall change to the current achievement system.

Our goal is to make it so that you feel like you only have to get an achievement once. We think the time and effort you put into achievements should be evident regardless of which character you’re playing. The update will be implemented at the Battle.net level and, as such, would apply to all of the attached World of Warcraft licenses on the account.

Such an awesome change
02/07/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Will that count server first achievements and titles? Cuz I have a friend who gave up his pally that had a few of those because his friend made him level a new pally, and he should be able to use those titles... he earned them.

Phew, nice.

Could this account-side logic be applied to Heirloom equipment in the future, such that we can send the items across realms? I understand the programming in the current model would be a complete devil, but if the Heirlooms are ever fixed up to be given to the Battlenet account itself, could they be assigned to a given character/realm via the account options?

So what you're saying is that once I get "What a long strange trip it's been" on one character, then all of my characters have 310% flying speed for free?

Excellent.....
Can we get any clarification on rewards from achievements? Will they be part of this change as well? Or just the Achievement itself?

Honestly would be kind of silly to implement this change and not make the mounts/titles/rewards earned from them account-wide as well, but good change either way!

Have you guys considered cross-game achievements?

Now that the trinity of Diablo 3, WoW and Starcraft 2 are on the current battle.net system, will we see things like perhaps pets in WoW from SC2 accomplishments? Portraits in SC2 for beating Inferno in Diablo 3?
With Mists of Pandaria, account-wide achievements will indeed become available at the Battle.net account level, and many achievements will be shared among characters. A wide array of achievements will certainly be covered, including achievements that relate to everything from raiding and PvP to maxing out professions and assorted fun challenges. We really love the idea that players will at last be able to proudly display proof of the full scope of their adventures around Azeroth, regardless of which character they choose to play on any given day.

While we are still working out the details regarding how various specific achievements will interact with the new system, once we have a bit more information to share with you, we’ll certainly let you know.

This is amazing news! Achievements/mounts/pets is the only thing holding me back from switching mains! <3
So does this mean Meta achieves will reward the mounts on all characters you log into? For instance, I have Glory of the Cataclysm Dungeon on Rush and say I make a character called Floppybacon, will Floppybacon get the Volcanic Stone Drake in the mail upon login? Similar to how BoA pets from Blizz store/events work? As stated in this thread already, I feel that I'm held back to only playing my warrior due to the amount of mounts, pets, achievements, and other accomplishments I've gotten him over the years.
02/07/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Rush
So does this mean Meta achieves will reward the mounts on all characters you log into? For instance, I have Glory of the Cataclysm Dungeon on Rush and say I make a character called Floppybacon, will Floppybacon get the Volcanic Stone Drake in the mail upon login? Similar to how BoA pets from Blizz store/events work? As stated in this thread already, I feel that I'm held back to only playing my warrior due to the amount of mounts, pets, achievements, and other accomplishments I've gotten him over the years.

Just so you know I'm now stealing your hypothetical name. Floppybacon for President.
Be my guest! Campaign slogan: "BACON FOR EVERYONE" it'll surely reel in the votes.
I do not like this idea at all, I don't want one of my alts to have all of my mounts/titles.
I like the idea of starting over I guess, I am completly against this.

qq

I agree.

Please, please don't make TOO many achievements like this. :3

I don't like to do end level stuff but I like to level alts and obtain the achievements on each one. If they are shared, does that mean we can no longer get them on each newer character we make?

Obtaining achievements for every char I start is part of fun for me of rolling an alt.

Say that when you are leveling up your 15th toon and done it all before. They could make an option to turn it off in the interface. I wouldn't do that but I am sure they could put that in.

I've made over 20 and it's still fun.

I am mixed on this.

On my main, I am working to do all the achievements I can....

Seems that you are taking away from the game by giving achievements from 1 char to another. Why even roll alts? You create one and log them in and BAM they already have everything except max level?

Seems very hollow to me.

Each of my characters are individuals...... I really dont like the idea of achieves being given where not earned.

I do think that perhaps some Raid ones would be cool... I mean you have already 'built' your character and you have played it thru everything to learn and grow skill wise.

I hope they still leave us some individuality.

I genuinely dislike this idea. I thought they were only going to be making some of the achievements account wide not ALL. I like that my chars feel individual. Some people actually enjoy playing the game outside of max level.
So I assume this pretty much confirms that each char will no longer have their own achievement score? It'd be better, imo, if they had the individual and account wide ones. Two separate scores.
I'm very much looking forward to this. I like the idea of being able to play whichever character I want to play and have it still "count" on my main. I've always been a little bummed when I got an achievement or passed on a mount or pet because I was just playing an alt. Bring the player not the... character. :)
I am curious if achievements with cumulative progress will add up between all of your characters.

Like for example, if you had 40k honor kills on one, 5k on another, 4k on another and 1k on a last would you get the 50k honor kills achievement for your account?

Also would it apply to achievements like, for example, Chromatic Champion that has 4 different requirements. If you did 2 on one character and 2 on another would both earn the full achievement.

Thanks.

...there is no emoticon for the level of happy I am feeling.
Will this apply to world events? IE What a Long Trip It's Been ?
I like the idea of shared achievements, particularly when it comes to "proving" that you know how to do a boss in a raid, etc. I particularly understand why they're attractive to people who want to start new mains.

However, I find that the experience of getting an achievement can be very different depending on the character you did it on, and I like the achievements to reflect this. Just because my warlock has been through all the zones and gotten "Loremaster" doesn't mean my warrior has that lore under her belt, and it particularly doesn't apply to my alliance characters, who would have experienced very different lore. Likewise, if the achievement is for a difficult kill, like a raid boss, that experience is going to be different whether you're tanking, healing, or dps'ing (and even depending on which class you did it on). So if the idea of the achievement is to reflect which challenges you've completed, making it simply account-wide doesn't reflect that well enough, and I don't like the system being described here for that reason.

What would be preferable to me is for there to be two achievement systems: one the way it is now, and one account-wide. Just like how guild achievements work now. Account wide ones would include the suggested ones like having one of each profession, class, etc. and which raid bosses you've killed, while individual achievements would still reflect the individual experiences a character has had. So, for example, if I killed Ragnoros (or new boss in MoP to the equivalent), this character would earn both her individual achievement and an account-wide one; my warrior would have a blank on her individual achievement but would be able to have the account-wide ones (and presumably associated titles and mounts, because those are just cosmetic anyways).
Is there any chance of the account wide achievements applying the highest Feat of Strength vanilla pvp achieve to all characters?