Losing bgs should reward 0 honor.

Battlegrounds
i can see where this could also be beneficial against haveing bg bots...considering since they dont help there useless cause they wont get you honor
02/05/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Coldbloodqt
i can see where this could also be beneficial against haveing bg bots...considering since they dont help there useless cause they wont get you honor
Bots don't care if they lose.
What if honor was only given to the top 3, 5 or 10 (depending on original size of random team) for the losing team? This would mean that AFKers and others who don't participate (and normally get minimal honor anyways) get none and those who at least worked at it got some.

There's no way that this will ever, ever happen. And, I disagree with, if I'm understanding your opinion correctly.

I'm not an afk'er, and I've never done it in my life, but suggesting that losing gives you zero honor is ridiculous to me. I do nothing but pug random bgs, and my winning percentage is about 50%. It would take a ridiculously long time to get better gear.

Blizzard has to find balance for the more hardcore players (like many of you) and the more softcore players (like me). I would never do a battleground if I knew that I had a 50% chance of gaining nothing out of it.

While afk'ers and non-cooperative teammates bother me just as much, they're part of the deal and it's been like that since vanilla WoW. Try joining a vanilla WoW AV and having 5-10 afker's in there, and then complain about afk'ers.
This idea would suck if your team gets Tebowed by the other faction at the last moment and you lose as a result.
02/04/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Worldpvper
I do not play this character anymore, I play an Ally rogue on Illidan, (best world pvp server in game 90 percent horde lol), theres no reason to inspect my gear as a way to belittle me point, also you play a BLood Deathknight, please do not talk about pvp, at all.

He's not insulting you at all and his point is very valid - battlegrounds can be all but decided before the gates even open due to a nearly insurmountable gear, skill or composition advantage. Given that teams are very often extremely lopsided, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have no honor for losing.
02/04/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Worldpvper
Something really needs to change, I get so sick of entering a BG where theres 3/10 people attempting to win the bg.

I hate this too.

Yesterday, I was actually called out in EoTS for staying at a tower as defense. We had two, and with all the Alli in mid, we could have capped a third and won easily.

Random BGs are random in so many ways.

Im convinced if we made honor grinding harder, players would rise to the challenge and play better.

Nope, JP -> HP

I don't see how this changes bots and afk's, they will still throw toons into bg's on the chance of a win.
02/04/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Stãr
Your an idiot

I laughed.

Re: OP

Well, the honor you get isn't much for a loss. I'm ok leaving it in as it will encourage players to stay in the game, instead of quitting out and getting some other poor player to finish up the slop that you started.
I like it. Down with Bots and toons who dont play to win. I think PVP would be taken more seriously. You might need to reduce the burden of reporting players to get rid of them to reduce bots because people probably will still toss their toon in on a chance for a win as mentioned above but maybe not. There will be other consequences.

1) You will likely see more premades as honour will be a more precious resource. Blizz could handle this by not letting groups into PUGS. Not sure if this would be good or not. 2) There will be less honour to go around because losers are not getting any - but this can be mitigated by giving even more honour for a win. 3) You may see people move to stronger battlegroups-faction combinations . For example, if you are on a weak battlegroup for your faction, you might be more likely to switch to a stronger battlegroup or change factions. Now this last consequence may be self correcting. Theory is that as more and more bad players leave a weak battlegroup for a strong one, that strong battlegroup will get weaker.
If you guys truly want to kill PVP in this game, keep lobbying for no reward losses and see what happens.

It's been tried and it broke PVP; there is a good reason they reversed it quickly.

You're all silly if you think this is going to motivate people to win.
On my alliance priest I usually do Random BGs with my friend. While it is just us two, we are on vent and we can last a good while unless we are extremely outnumbered. Being able to communicate is the biggest thing. He doesn't have to look constantly to see if I'm in trouble, I just tell him on vent when I need a peel.

If you have a group of 3-5, you can definitely control 10 man BGs. You don't need a full premade.

Now, if I solo queue, it's just not a pleasant experience most of the time. I get pretty much 0 peels even when we outnumber the other side, ie, 3 v 2 in our favor. With that it's usually 2 of my DPS running around trying to kill 1 person while the other person just becomes a huge annoyance to me, esp dks, feral druids and rogues.
The OP's observations are absolutely accurate & I feel his pain, but 0 honor for the whole group penalizes everyone, even the 20-30% actually trying to win. As an alternative I suggest the following:

- To get HKs for kills you have to be within a certain radius of a node, the EFC, or the FC. You want to fight on the roads or in mid? Great... but no honor for you!

- The ability to ignore a player (like PvE randoms) so you won't queue with this useless sack of feces again. The bots & bads will eventually have really long queues because lots of people have them on ignore.

- The ability to ignore a player (like PvE randoms) so you won't queue with this useless sack of feces again. The bots & bads will eventually have really long queues because lots of people have them on ignore.

I love this idea but it will impact those gearing up. If Blizz was sophisticated they could maintain a table of dmg and heals by ilvl or some measure of the quality of pvp gear you have and then only allow you to ignore those players that truly do have significantly worse stats than average for their gear.

02/05/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Meia
They tried taking away honor entirely for losing in AV, back in ...2007, I believe. It didn't last long, because several realms started a boycott Alliance-side.

Good to know. Probably wont work and it doesn't matter because Blizz will never try it again.

A bad idea all way around, no xp I'm fine with, but I want the honor. Many times I've gone into WSG as the only geared toon on my team, Then spend 20+ minutes being farmed and tunneled because I am the only threat.
02/06/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Smackalot
A bad idea all way around, no xp I'm fine with, but I want the honor. Many times I've gone into WSG as the only geared toon on my team, Then spend 20+ minutes being farmed and tunneled because I am the only threat.

on your twink? exp on or off? surely exp off folks are geared.
Like most of you out there, you might have realized how every BG there are a group of players who do not work to win the battleground, do not listen to instructions, and are flat out useless.

I have thought of a cure for this problem, and with a little bit of explanation i'm sure you guys will be on board with it also.

The reason people can AFK in bgs and flat out suck is because they are allowed too, if I suck in enough BG's I wont earn a bad rep because its an Xrealm bg and I will still earn my gear reguardless of how bad I play, if I play enough.

IF Blizzard were to take out honor from losses, people would be forced to either all start playing or quit playing entirely, If you earn 0 honor from a loss reguardless of how many bgs you enter in and are useless you will never get your gear, forcing people to working together, or give up.
They want as many players as possible doing randoms so that queue times are lowered. They don't care if they are competitive or balanced, they just want them quick. If you want to have a match where everyone is trying to win you need to do rated bgs. You already get zero conquest points for a loss and that doesn't seem to motivate people to try.