Account Wide Achievements - Need Clarification

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
02/07/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Aesis
Making everything available to all characters would make it equally worthless. Imagine some fresh 85 rogue with arena master when he did it on his shaman. The title suggests that he knows his rogue very well, but that may not be the case

This would be one of my only concerns with account wide achievements and it applies also to raiding because achievements have been used as indicators of skill. However, I've seen enough people get carried through arenas, bgs and raids to become a bit cynical about achievement = skill. At this point I'd rather have the shared achievements for my own personal enjoyment so my best at pvp char could earn achievements for my so so at pvp main.
Account wide mounts!!!! we want that Blizzard...am i the only one who wants this?
02/07/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Mayhaps
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.

things like this lead me to believe the worthwhile things from acheves (mounts, pets, titles) will intentionally be left of the list of account wide things as a whole. making this feature pretty much useless.
Which is the only thing I'm hoping for; my stupid undead mage had the Stratholme horse drop while I was using her to run someone. 5th time killing him. Nearly 200 on this toon with 4 swords to show for it but no horse.

What I'm hoping is, if pets can be account wide, maybe they'll do the same with mounts (maybe excluding things like the seasonal PvP mounts).
It would sound really awkward to me being able to get them on different accounts on your BNet ID.

Also sounds too easily exploitable somehow, but I'm not sure how that'd even work. It'll be nice not having to worry about getting achievements on my alts anymore that my main doesn't have though.

I'm more curious about how Alliance/Horde achievements will work. Part of me hopes that I won't have to do all of the Argent Dailies again on my gnome just because it'll be empty on some BNet achievement interface =/

Or collect 100 mounts again for that matter...
this is something that should have been implemented day one, not only would it have allowed for extra space across the board data wise, but it would stop the nessessity to earn the same darn achives one ach and every toon you make.

i mean if i suddenly (not gonna happen) descided to stop playing my dk it would be nice to know that i am not gonna be punished for possibly changing toons for my guild or that the stuff i earned isnt gonna sit on just him and any mount from achives would be available to my new main toon. i mean achive mounts should probably be boa anyhow.

i applaud this move, allthough i know of many games that did this kinda thing day one.lets see more inovation (new things, not stuff other mmos have done)and less lateness on implementing kewl things
02/07/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Mallerilanna
for this i think the Achievement should show on all of your toons, like say if this one killed heroic deathwing my other toons will have a window on their screen saying their bother/sister toon has earned so and so achievement to say that you have done it before on another toon. The titles and mounts that go with the achievements should stay on the toon that got the achievement though.

if it is this as you described. they might as well not even bother!!!
02/07/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Nethaera
I want everyone to be a bit cautious about their expectations as of yet. We still have a lot of details to work out in regard to how this will all work. Once we have more specific information to share on it, we'll let you all know. I don't want anyone to get too far ahead on things until we can share more and explain any possible "ifs", "ands", and "buts" with you all should there be any put in place.

All I want is the ability to display my pre-cata-obtained "The Insane" title on my newly chosen Druid main instead of this toon who I'm no longer playing due to that damm restrictive holy power mechanic.

If you can make that happen I will happily play your panda game! ;-)

Slightly off-topic...

Once the achievements are done, please allow me to ride my original-TBC ZA War Bear mount on that previously mentioned Druid instead of being locked to this toon.

"I prefer to remember the ZA War Bear for what it was, not the abomination it has become". ;-)

So i see we're completely killing the game (for a LACK of a BETTER term) for those of us that are hardcore Achievement hunters...thanks. Theres alot of us that actually ENJOY getting each achievement on different toons..sorry but, its a dealbreaker for me personally. Just figured id put that out there HOPING Blizz would actually consider it...
This is the typical fallback post from Blizzard.

Again, for me personally, a lot is riding on this Mists of Pandaraia.

Do not screw the implementation of this up.

It's literally make or break for me.

Go all in or don't do it at all.
I'm Stok3d!
hopefully they work it out with account wide mounts. i don't want to buy a 3rd spectral tiger
02/07/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Ilistokedill
Make this happen Blizz and I will scream like a little school girl here :)

You are already a little girl.
Does anyone know if there has been an update about this? I am scouring the web looking for info, but all I get are people saying they know for sure - with no links to official Blizzard news.
I'm very excited for this feature. I hope it will count retroactively!
12800 achievement points? I bet you do! I really hope so too.

Quite a few people have told me MMO champ had an article where a Blizz employee confirmed this would be happening, but so far when I ask for a link to it, all I hear are crickets chirping. Still hoping someone can prove it. Til then I suppose I must wait like everyone else.

Please don't leave us hanging, GMs! :O
All I want is the ability to display my pre-cata-obtained "The Insane" title on my newly chosen Druid main instead of this toon who I'm no longer playing due to that damm restrictive holy power mechanic.

If you can make that happen I will happily play your panda game! ;-)

This is something that better not happen. Even if I disagree with it - vehemently - I can see the logic behind shared achievements on an account. I do not see any particular logic behind shared titles, though.
02/07/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Mayhaps

things like this lead me to believe the worthwhile things from acheves (mounts, pets, titles) will intentionally be left of the list of account wide things as a whole. making this feature pretty much useless.

As I mentioned in another thread if they are not providing this system in a way that meets the majority of peoples expections they should ease off it right now, we dont need another voice or void storage feature into the game when that time could be used for something else wanted by the player base that Blizzard are more comfortable doing.

That being said my personal message to Blizzard would be to take a good hard look at transmog, an idea they were skeptical about until its recent inception and it turned out into a grand success, think of account wide achievements on that level if you need something to help you guys tip into the favor of truly account wide achievements.
Darkrova, I love the addition of void storage personally... I am a total transmog nerd and have every bank and void slot filled. I'm not a fan of the deposit fees, but what can you do... /shrug.

I would really love to be able to ride my violet proto on any of my 85s. Perhaps a decent consideration when implementing account-wide achievs would be a strict set of guidelines... for example, you would have all the major achievements in your log, but would not be able to utilize the reward until your character reaches the appropriate level.

I trust that Blizzard staff will keep things like this in mind when they do implement this feature. And I do mean when! /nudge
What'll happen, is recognition of the achieves will go across characters on an account. That is, it'll be one "shared" achievement page at the Bnet level, so whenever you look at achieves or compare to someone else, you'll see everything they've "done"... HOWEVER, the caveat will be that only specific toons who have earned things will have access to them. Talking about titles and mounts. Though you'll be able to SEE the achieves, thereby getting "credit" for them no matter what toon you're on... you'll only have the titles and mounts on the respective pages of the toons who earned them.

Guarantee this is how it will be, would bet money. Eventually though the account-shared mount thing will be dangled as a carrot, just like account-shared pets will now be in MoP.

This is a good middle ground, especially for people like me who have a couple toons with 10k+ 3 more with 5-7k+, and so forth, which each toon having chunks from different tiers and whatnot. Alleviates the problem of what people have done over the course of years on an account level, but keeps prestige things intact for individual characters.