World of Warcraft War College – Getting Geared

General Discussion
Prev 1 35 36 37

Is it better to convert Valor to Conquest and do Tol Barad raids to get a few PvP items before stepping into PvP at all, then finish gearing up via Honor and Conquest after?

You know what I would appreciate... Conquest to Valor option.
ok i have no pvp gear but i want it tips plz i read all this
Perseverance! It does take awhile to farm all that honor and conquest. If you just hit 85 it is gonna be rough. In the late stages of Cata, you're gonna get your rump handed to you repeatedly. But, i have found that getting the gear and seeing how my character improves with each and every piece to be a gratifying practice.

I personally do not buy any gear of the auction house. I feel that is money better used on making the gear you're about to get more formidable. If you're Pvp orientated then gold can be a little more precious. You may not be a BG king in your greens and blues, but that doesn't mean you can't help in bgs. Teamwork i have found if most often the reason for victory. Just remember, you gotta start somewhere :D
Honestly the tactic that i found the most luck with was finding out who are teams healers were and just defending them with your life not only do you get quite a few KBs which make you feel useful you also get tons of heals from the guy your protecting
Edited by Mights on 2/8/12 7:31 PM (PST) Strand of the Ancients weekend = full ruthless in ~4 days.

If the Strand of the Ancients is the weekend how do you get Four days out of that? Granted this might be a dumb question, but I would like to get info cause I want to do that.
When I first hit 85 about a year ago I wanted to PvP the most. After consulting other friends and or players for my talent tree. I went into some Battlegrounds and I tried my best to stay away from 1v1's I traveled with a pack and tried to get a kill here and there. My advice is to make sure that you have the correct PvP talents, bring in a friend or two to help win the Bg for more honor and don't go AFK even though you have no gear still try to play your part!

On the other hand with conquest you may want to wait until you have a PvP weapon, and set. Also a very important aspect of the gear is the (Movement Impairing Effects) removing trinket. You want to be carried at such a low resilience, so have a skilled PvP friend help you out.

If you grind out full Ruthless gear in a week or so then move onto Cataclysmic gear you will be fine.
*TIP* GET INTO AS MANY TOL BARADS AS POSSIBLE!
The CTA starts Friday and ends Monday.
Hit 85 first by questing and doing dungeons there is no need for much PvP at your level.

When I first hit 85 about a year ago I wanted to PvP the most. After consulting other friends and or players for my talent tree. I went into some Battlegrounds and I tried my best to stay away from 1v1's I traveled with a pack and tried to get a kill here and there. My advice is to make sure that you have the correct PvP talents, bring in a friend or two to help win the Bg for more honor and don't go AFK even though you have no gear still try to play your part!

On the other hand with conquest you may want to wait until you have a PvP weapon, and set. Also a very important aspect of the gear is the (Movement Impairing Effects) removing trinket. You want to be carried at such a low resilience, so have a skilled PvP friend help you out.

If you grind out full Ruthless gear in a week or so then move onto Cataclysmic gear you will be fine.
*TIP* GET INTO AS MANY TOL BARADS AS POSSIBLE!
Personally I have not done much pvp since Wrath. When I did start again for Cata, I noticed unless there is a fully geared friend to assist, its more efficient to farm random dungeons as a tank then convert JP to honor to buy the pvp gear. once i managed to get the full armor set bonus and buy some poor blue pieces just for resil, THEN i started to pvp and loved it again. With the set bonus and blues I managed to cap Valor for the week in less than an hour. Thats just how i did it. some may find it more efficient to do random BGs.
i wouldn't suggest twinking but if you do:
1 get BOA
2 SLAUGHTER
3 ??????????
4 ??????????
5 profit

otherwise just wait until about 50 make sure you have decent armor usually from a dungeon or 12. gl hf
02/08/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Strand of the Ancients weekend = full ruthless in ~4 days.

When you say four days, how much time are you spending each day in the battlegrounds.

Also, as an open question - how do you balance your Honor pieces against Conquest pieces? Which Conquest pieces do you prioritize?

First Cata Pieces u want will always be Head, Chest, Shoulders, Weapon. All other pieces have a chance to drop in Baradin Hold so get the ones you cant get free first and then fill in off pieces.
LOL, that explains why I get my butt handed to me all the time in WSG. :P Thank you; that info was very helpful :)
Hey ima a fire mage.... I was wondering if glorious conquest gear is better than regular cataclysmic? Because what are those purple pvp tokens? Also because there are different colored cloth sets. Like the glorious is red and reg. Cataclysmic is blue. Answer please haha:)
I disagree with the emain pieces first... Get one or two cataclysmic trinkets for the huge resil boost. Then if you dont have all cata upgrade your worst gear... Then from their replace the main set pieces.
one of my friends I thin k did it the best- starting with pvp blues and some okay weapons, he used honor to start gaining the set bonus-
jumping into bgs and using valor to help push that conquest goal each week, he saved his conquest points for the Cataclysmic weapons.
once he hit that 7000+ mark, he bought his weapons I think still had enough for 2 other pieces.
in the 4.7 weeks it took him to get 7,800 conquest, he easily had a full ruthless set of gear and weapons. He prioritized the more expensive pieces first- meaning it was slower getting started- but once the 2k+ pieces were out of the way he started picking up pieces faster.
in the last week ive farmed almost 30k honour. yes alot of gilneas wins but still
Queue with friends who are geared. Work towards the objective to actually win the battleground instead of killing players aimlessly. It's going to be a long grind so play some music or use skype/vent with friends.
I also found getting to 84 and getting the blues from dungeons will put you on level playing ground with everyone else in your bracket. Turn off exp and just do random BG's took me about 3-4 days to get 3,500 honor points. Don't have to worry about people roflstomping you and you will be on a more even playing field
how about for lower levels?