Help with Warlock

Warlock
Warlock was my first character ever on World of Warcraft. I stopped half way and moved to Death Knight for a main, then Rogue, ect and have mastered my other characters. I decided to try my Warlock out again to see if I could figure it out and... nope! I still can't get my DPS high enough. I understand that Warlocks aren't burst damage, but even on long bosses I still can't get my DPS up to speed with everybody else, or even with other Warlocks.

My rotation is usually Haunt, Unstable Affliction, Corruption, Bane of Doom, Curse of Elements, and then Shadowbolt and Shadowflame during cooldowns as well as keeping up Demon Soul and Blood Fury (for Orcs).

I've tried Destruction for a little while and Demonology for a shorter while but all of my research shows that Affliction is the number one on Warlocks but how? What is it that I am doing wrong? I've seen better Warlocks out there but from my perspective they're doing the impossible. I know my gear isn't great, but it's good enough and I've seen other Warlocks with worse gear than mine hitting number 5 in overall damage and DPS in Raid Finder.

Any tips are greatly appreciated on bettering my gameplay.
You want to gem and reforge to haste. I see you have some in/mastery gems. Change those to int/haste, and reforge out of mastery and crit stats into haste. That will help a tiny bit.

Not sure if you use those 2 pvp trinkets to PvE in, but that will also make a big difference once you replace them.

I dont see anything majorly wrong with your build and glyphs, but i'm a pve destro lock, so im not a huge help there.

As long as you are making sure your dots are always up, you should be fine
Ah, thank you I just changed the gems. Still working on getting some PvE trinkets as well. I started out as Destruction and did alright, but I hear a lot about Affliction as well as seeing Affliction Warlocks on top of the charts in DPS. I'm just receiving the knowledge I get through observation and trying it out for myself. Warlocks are a really tough class to figure out and understand, props to those who could master it.
Don't got any tips for you i don't pve. But i just wanted to say welcome back to the Warlock community.
Thank you! I couldn't resist. Warlocks are so much fun for PvP. I'm a decent PvP player but I'm not too hot when it comes to PvE unless I'm doing solo quests or something (I make my pet to all the work) but that's just because I'm good at survival.
I see your decking out full pvp, bad idea if you use it in pve. The haste from PVE gear will help you so much it's not even funny. Also the guy from above is correct, your trinkets are HUGE in warlock dps. I replaced a pvp trinket and a nooby pve trinket with my Darkmoon card(359 but better then most 378s) and my haste trink and my dps shot through the roof. Always in top 8 in LFR top 5 every now and then. I have Demo/Afflic, and I'm telling you, once you get into mainly pve gear your dps will skyrocket. Warlocks aren't bad and certainly aren't underpowered (Let's hope bad locks continue to say we are underpowered (; buffs are always nice) but they are hard as hell, definately the hardest in game, you can't just 'master' a lock like other classes, it takes time and work. Your rotations must be perfect, your CDs timed right, ect... (: Welcome back by the way, stay a while.
Hey, though i PVP most of the time (been on skyrim for a bit and coming back to WoW now), was wondering... as Aff, when do you usually hit Demon Soul? (assuming you have a felhunter out) in PVE? Off CD? After first stack of Dots? During Burn Phase?

Also, was wondering what filler you'd use for Demon Soul? I read a thread that suggested Drain Life, but with the changes of SB being choice of Nuke as compared to DL after it's nerf in PVE, I'm not so sure. Any tips?
Yes i have the same problem, but im a demonology warlock and in raids my dps isn't so great.
Very hard to use a warlock..
Hey, though i PVP most of the time (been on skyrim for a bit and coming back to WoW now), was wondering... as Aff, when do you usually hit Demon Soul? (assuming you have a felhunter out) in PVE? Off CD? After first stack of Dots? During Burn Phase?

Also, was wondering what filler you'd use for Demon Soul? I read a thread that suggested Drain Life, but with the changes of SB being choice of Nuke as compared to DL after it's nerf in PVE, I'm not so sure. Any tips?

I time My demon soul when I'll get the most out of my bane of doom. If you know you won't encounter a mob that bane of doom is worth using on for a while, then it really doesn't matter when you use it. I mean you can get like 400 more dps from timing when you have all your dots up on all the mobs but the timing should be something that just comes naturally. As a filler? Shadow bolt for Affliction, I personally am one of the ones that use an incinerate as a Demo filler. I couldn't help you with Destro.

Yes i have the same problem, but im a demonology warlock and in raids my dps isn't so great.
Very hard to use a warlock..

Just keep working on it, take a few tips, and focus on gearing. Don't let a few idiots hating on your dps discourage you. Especially if they are a hunter/mage/... any other class, any respectable warlock knows how hard it is to get a lock up and going. Gear, Gear, Gear is all I have to say, if you haven't found a respectable dps rotation by the time your in 385 PVE gear then i'd be a little worried and probably ask your server's best locks for help. ALSO, locks seem to overlook the NEED for pve gear and trinkets, if your not rocking mostly pve gear you'll fail, if your not rocking both good pve trinkets, you'll fail.
I don't PvE in PvP gear, that was because I was PvPing before I had last signed off so that's what Battle.net had shown on my avatar. Thank you for the help though!
I switched to Destruction and my DPS is doing a lot better. I tried Demonology and Affliction but I can't seem to get my numbers up in those specs. I don't know how you Affliction locks do it... Thank you everybody for the help! I really appreciate it.
On paper afflic rules, if you do everthing computer perfect. in practice for whatever reason i do better as destro, maybe just that is where i have spent the most time myself. not worth much but the difference isnt all that big between the specs and at least for me, it is made up for in what i am comfortable with. So gowith what you like and are good at and youll be fine.