This is the start of a new era on Tichondrius

Tichondrius
This is the start of a new era on Tichondrius and World of Warcraft in general.

With the upcoming expansion 'Mists of Pandara Blizzard has announced news of a "no fly till 90" rule. This together with resilience becoming a base stat means the return of some serious World PvP!

If you did not play for the launch of "Vanilla" or Burning Crusade then it is hard to imagine what it will be like on a high population PvP server such as Tichondrious when the Alliance and Horde are mashed together to compete for resources and simply the ability to complete a quest. Let me help your imagination...without friends and a good guild you will be reduced to sitting in cities and leveling only through instanced combat. BOO!

In 2004 when this game went live I successfully helped lead a guild to absolute domination of the Alliance on Mal' Gannis. In fact, I left Mal' Gannis for Tich because there simply were no more Alliance to kill on Mal' Gannis. Of course after arriving here I discovered that although being Alliance dominated and possessing a VERY high population, World PvP was reduced to an apathetic Horde and the occasional ganking here and there.

Well this is about to change...like it or not it will happen. As it sits now the horde is poised to go the way of Alliance on Mal' Gannis unless someone does something right now! When the expansion drops it will be to late to get organized and ready for a war.

Right now we are building a core of players that possess the maturity, knowledge and will that it will take to lead the charge against the Alliance. We need players with the utmost integrity, loyalty and ability to learn. With these qualities I can develop a core "Tribal Council" of players that can lead the masses during the chaos that will be MoP.

The ONLY requirement to join us is the acceptance of our oath:

"Do you solemnly swear (or affirm) that you will support and defend the Tribe of Giants against all enemies, in game and in name; that you will bear true faith and allegiance to the guild; and that you will respect the orders of the Tribal Leader and follow the Tribal Council, in accordance with Blizzard rules and regulations?"

In order to join the guild you simply apply to the guild by clicking the link on our site 'Apply to Guild'. You will then be prompted to accept the Oath of Acceptance and upon doing so we will gladly extend an invite and member status to you in-game. You may join the Tribe and become a Tribal Recruit so that we may evaluate each other for compatibility. This does not require accepting the Oath. You may also send a in-game mail to myself, Crìxus or Bralys.

here is a link for convenience.

http://tribeofgiants.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/application.php?gid=250911

Thanks for reading.

FOR THE HORDE!

(¯`•._.•[Çrunk]•._.•´¯)
tl;dr
This guy has no idea what it's like to level on a PvP server. I.E. Not really that bad.

Sure, you get killed every once in a while, and sure, level 90's will kill a few level 85+'s in the new zones, but really, it's never stopped anyone, on this server, on either faction, from leveling at all.

It merely takes slightly longer.

This guy has no idea what it's like to level on a PvP server. I.E. Not really that bad.

AKA: "I didn't play BC or Vanilla, therefore I make silly assumptions about things I know nothing about".

If you ever had the pleasure of playing the release of either, which included no flying, your stance would be quite different.

AKA: "I didn't play BC or Vanilla, therefore I make silly assumptions about things I know nothing about".

If you ever had the pleasure of playing the release of either, which included no flying, your stance would be quite different.

Last I heard this was still bc or vanilla

They're not enabling flight until 90, so it will be a similar experience.
Thats what wotlk was supposed to be. Flying mounts destroyed pvp.

like in wotlk where the only pvp was the people who power leveled coming back and ganking people who were still on ground mounts?

like in wotlk where the only pvp was the people who power leveled coming back and ganking people who were still on ground mounts?

Oh you're smart! I'd give you a cookie and a pat on the back to the sped bus if I could.

Horde / Alliance had their own zone to level in until 73.5~, then horde would shoot straight to Grizzly Hills, Alliance straight to Dragonblight. They'd come out of it @ 75.5ish, and simply need ONE more level to buy cold weather flying. Your comparison is stupid.

Regardless, 15-20% required ground mount usage in mixed zones while leveling in Wrath =/= 100% required ground mount usage in MoP.
@Glow...very nicely defended! KUDOS...ok enough because you are ,after all, Alliance.

@Caelees ...too funny. Did you even read all of that post? I don't even have to refute your comment because the people I'm talking to know you are, in fact, the clueless one. You sir I am glad to have squarely on the Alliance side!
02/11/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Caeless

This is a CLEAR example of the current thought process in the game today. I am not sure if they put something in our water or what but there are some players that remember...however faintly lol.

I finally found some like minded individuals and we have come together under the tag Soul Prison. All of the things I have talked about are present in this guild and more.

We believe that a really "good" guild is able to experience all aspects of the game. All it takes is the right leadership and some players with integrity and honor. Luckily I have found just that.

Anyone wishing to join me preparing for MoP we are now a level 25 guild. We will also be hosting raids in the near future. (Contact Phrozyn for Pve).

Stay tuned...it's just starting to get good :)

(¯`•._.•[Çrunk]•._.•´¯)

I enjoyed this post, ty OP
I remember queueing for BC at midnight, getting home, and going straight into Outland. There were Alliance and Horde everywhere, and there was a tentative peace. What I worked out, was that on the whole, we are all large-aggro-range NPCs when it comes to world PvP. We'd rather level, but if you see a fellow faction-member getting set-upon by the enemy, you would charge in, and fight until there was a victor. But then everyone would get back to leveling.

This lasted... probably 3 days before it went back to normal ganks and carebears.

I applaud the sentiment behind this, but I don't think Horde needs some sort of special hit-squad to defend its honor.

Maybe I've been here too long and after the love of ATF and such, world PvP just doesn't frighten me, nor on the flipside does it entice me. Deal with it as it comes I guess.

Agreed, the no flying was AWESOME!!!
I am a day 1 Tichondrian, and I leveled in Wrath/BC/Vanilla as horde on this server. I was also max level in BC/Wrath within a week.

Horde / Alliance had their own zone to level in until 73.5~, then horde would shoot straight to Grizzly Hills, Alliance straight to Dragonblight. They'd come out of it @ 75.5ish, and simply need ONE more level to buy cold weather flying. Your comparison is stupid.

This is wrong.

Both horde and Alliance could CHOOSE the zone they started leveling in in WOTLK. There are starting areas in both Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord. There was no design intent to seperate the factions, only provide more options to reduce zone crowding (like in BC).

You could then, once at max, go any number of ways, Dragonblight being the most popular, but Grizzly Hills being a potential option. At that point, things really start to spread out as you have Sholazar and Storm Peaks depending on Level. I know I hit 80 without ever having to touch a single ice crown quest.

TBC was pretty much the same. I never had a problem leveling. In fact, the biggest problem I had in TBC leveling was trying to get the tap on Razorsaw before anyone else. There was literally dozens of horde and alliance just standing around trying to get the tap, and not fighting (generally, sometimes they would).

I still managed to level to 70 in a week's time without much trouble, if any.

Just because the server says PvP, doesn't mean that everyone cares about world PvP all the time, if that were the case, you'd see more of it going on right now.

Fact is, it's extremely easy to level, and easy to do so uninterrupted. You could just do random dungeons non-stop to hit 90, or you can quest (easiest if you stay ahead of the curve so you don't have to compete with other players for the same mobs). Or you can even do BG's now for experience.

Nobody wants to sit at 85, or 86 etc. They all want to get to 90 asap, and there is always a general truce about these things so that everyone can just move on and get on with the leveling experience, regardless of flying mounts or not.

We all know the biological response of us organisms....fight or flight. Hero's fight cowards mount up on their epic flying mounts and fleee...nuff said
02/12/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Crìxus
We all know the biological response of us organisms....fight or flight. Hero's fight cowards mount up on their epic flying mounts and fleee...nuff said

This guy gets all the ladies
I am a day 1 Tichondrian, and I leveled in Wrath/BC/Vanilla as horde on this server. I was also max level in BC/Wrath within a week.

This is wrong.

Both horde and Alliance could CHOOSE the zone they started leveling in in WOTLK. There are starting areas in both Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord. There was no design intent to seperate the factions, only provide more options to reduce zone crowding (like in BC).

You could then, once at max, go any number of ways, Dragonblight being the most popular, but Grizzly Hills being a potential option. At that point, things really start to spread out as you have Sholazar and Storm Peaks depending on Level. I know I hit 80 without ever having to touch a single ice crown quest.

TBC was pretty much the same. I never had a problem leveling. In fact, the biggest problem I had in TBC leveling was trying to get the tap on Razorsaw before anyone else. There was literally dozens of horde and alliance just standing around trying to get the tap, and not fighting (generally, sometimes they would).

I still managed to level to 70 in a week's time without much trouble, if any.

Just because the server says PvP, doesn't mean that everyone cares about world PvP all the time, if that were the case, you'd see more of it going on right now.

Fact is, it's extremely easy to level, and easy to do so uninterrupted. You could just do random dungeons non-stop to hit 90, or you can quest (easiest if you stay ahead of the curve so you don't have to compete with other players for the same mobs). Or you can even do BG's now for experience.

Nobody wants to sit at 85, or 86 etc. They all want to get to 90 asap, and there is always a general truce about these things so that everyone can just move on and get on with the leveling experience, regardless of flying mounts or not.

As with the majority of your posts here on these forums, it's abundantly clear you don't know what you're talking about.

Feel free to post on that Vanilla / BC toon of yours.
This one?
Or this one?