Love Is In The Air, So Wear A Mask

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next
Favorite Pairing: Thassarian / Koltira Deathweaver
Reasoning:
#1: They're Death Knights, and Death Knights are awesome. (No I'm not biased what are you talking about *cough*)
#2: "Brothers in arms" done well for a cross-faction duo.

Desired Pairing: Jaina Proudmoore / Kalecgos
Reasoning:
I know Kalecgos and Tyrygosa are intended, but it's been pretty clear from the outset that this isn't going to happen. Just to be clear: I don't think a Jaina & Kalec pairing should necessarily be romantic; I want to see them team up and kick !@#.
Pairing: Jaina/Kael'thas
Reasoning: I don't even know why, but I think this would have been very sweet if it was more than a one-sided thing get of my back man geeze.

Kalecgos/Anveena
I thought this one was cheesy and then I thought about it and...well. The former aspect of magic being in love with the Sunwell is a thing.

And also rad bromances.

Asric & Jadaar
Even if they're just chilling out and bickering like an old couple it's like "awwwww".

Koltira & Thassarian
Thassarian just needs to storm Undercity and rescue Koltira and they can fly off into the sunset together while Thassarian is like HEY KOLTIRA IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN :D :D :D and Koltira's just sulking YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, THASSARIAN AND ALSO YOU ARE AN IDIOT SHUT UP AND DRIVE and it will be perfect.

Lor'themar & Halduron
Lor'themar is jealous that it's not cool for him to use an agi bow anymore, so they passed Thori'dal to Halduron that one time they ran Sunwell. He's stuck in a mish-mash of cloth and leather, and Halduron's running his full tier set but doesn't even have a pet. They both need to L2Play and probably go out and drink a little and stop being pissy at each other.
Favorite Pairing: Khadgar, Medivh
Reasoning: The bromance that started it all.

Desired Pairing: Algalon, Azeroth
The man's been watching her for thousands of years...he's got to make a move or she's going to get picked up by one of the emo tentacles/Titans on the block.
Favorite Pairing: Aggra and Thrall.

Reasoning: If they're usually with each other they should be, in theory, easier to avoid. Also, the chance of them perishing in the same plane or ship wreck increase drastically.

Desired Pairing: Varian Wrynn/Jaina Proudmore

Reasoning: He's a living, heaving temper tantrum. She's a little weepy, whining ninny. Match made in heaven, I suspect.

Caring for a 6'7'', 250lb man-toddler may satisfy some of Jaina's unrequited maternal impulses. Conversely, clubbing the many (many, many) offending parties that bring Jaina to tears over the course of any given day would keep Varian well in practice and a bit less fussy at nap time.

Additionally, she may keep the fridge stocked with his favorite apple cider so the entire population doesn't have to stop what they're doing and pick gutter-apples every other day.
Favorite Pairing: Anduin/Varian

Reasoning: This father/son relationship could have turned into a typical proud dad watches over his child boring bit of story, but it didn't. Anduin was kind of interesting in the comics, but he didn't have a ton of depth -- Golden took him in The Shattering and turned him into this three-dimensional and utterly interesting little human being. Given that, it would have been equally as easy to simply say "Ah, Varian's one person again, Onyxia's defeated, all hail the hero!" ... but we didn't get that, either.

Instead, we got a really peculiar match-up between violent father and peace-loving son. And every level of that relationship, whether it's Varian desperately trying to get his son some much-needed weapons training with the dwarves in order to toughen the kid up a bit, or Anduin flat-out letting his father know that he doesn't approve of Varian's attitude towards others or his lack of control, is simply fascinating to read. The two are an endlessly interesting contrast of personalities, which makes me kind of wonder and leads me to number two here--

Desired Pairing: Tiffin/Varian

Reasoning: It's been said that Tiffin and Varian were an arranged marriage, it's been said that Tiffin wanted the workers that rebuilt Stormwind to get fair pay, it's been said -- well there's a lot of things that have been said. Anduin isn't a heck of a lot like his father, so...what kind of mom made a kid like that? What was she like? How did she and Varian get along - was it similar to the bickering between stubborn father and stubborn son? I would love to see a story set before Tiffin's death that shows exactly what kind of person she is, where she came from, and how she and Varian got along.
Desired Pairing: A’dal (void state) / X’iri (void state)
Reasoning: So turn the Lights off / I'm not afraid / Afraid of the Dark
I assume you meant "Xi'ri".
Then...

Desired Pairing: A’dal (void state) / Xi'ri (void state)
Reasoning: So turn the Lights off / I'm not afraid / Afraid of the Dark

H'iwn zaix Nyorloth! Naggwa fssh ma yeh gul'kafh!

He read my post. I am honored.

His gaze even now falls upon us ALL! We shall not disappoint these forums true master!
Favourite pairing: Zebu'tan / Alys Vol'tyr
Reasoning: Love conquers all, and this brave young Troll is willing to put it all on the line to follow the girl of his dreams, in spite of social taboo and the rivalry of Elves and Trolls. Mind you, he's a touch creepy about the whole thing (maybe that's normal for Trolls in love, I don't know.).

Desired pairing: Abesik Kampfire (A Basic Campfire) / Teldrassil
Reasoning: Because their love would burn brightest of all.

I kid, I kid.

Real desired pairing: Garrosh / Zaela.
Reasoning: They seem like a match made in Orcish heaven, she's an established and successful character in her own right, and she's already shown an interest in Garrosh.
Favorite Pairing: Velen and Kil'jaeden

So, when Velen left with the Naaru and rejected Sargeras's gift, Kil'jaeden got so pissed that he tried to pursue and kill and capture Velen and all the draenei for five thousand years, before finally losing them. Upon finally finding the trail again, he instantly sets at corrupting the orcs just for the sole purpose of wiping out the draenei?

These aren't the actions of someone who was merely as close as brothers. They're the actions of a jilted lover, who went absolutely insane at being abruptly dumped, and is taking it out violently trying to get them back, up to and including abusing them and the kids. Contrast this with Archimonde, who didn't have the sheer hate-on for the rest of the draenei and for Velen personally, and was just pretty much doing the work of the Legion. Nowhere as personal for him!

Desired Pairing: Void Gods/Naaru and Sargeras

Sargeras imprisoned countless evil beings while he was Champion of the Pantheon, and he destroyed others. Why not just destroy them all? Because containment was sometimes good enough, and just like prisons everywhere, the goal sometimes isn't punishment, but rehabilitation.

It was originally said that Sargeras encounted a race of beings utterly evil and destructive, but not especially manipulative, that disturbed him. These were originally thought to be the Eredar... but Void Gods, the most powerful of void creatures, could certainly fit the bill. If such a being were imprisoned, and eventually became purified, redeemed, they might very well become a beacon of Light, a being completely and utterly pure... but still capable of being turned back, by destruction and despair.

That's why the Naaru knew of Sargeras's madness, and came to help the Eredar, although they could not save most of them. That's why they're so insistant on stopping Sargeras and the Legion, at any cost. They're trying to repay the good Sargeras did for them originally.
Favorite Pairing: Sinestra / Deathwing

Reasoning: Just interesting how effective spousal abuse worked at pumping out babies.

Desired Pairing: Kalecgos / Anduin.

Reasoning: Stormwind allies themselves to the blue dragonflight with some panache!
Why don't we just go ahead and list a couple for every quadrant from my point of view?

<3 (Flushed Quadrant)
Pairing: Illidan x Kael'Thas
Reasoning: The two obviously hit it off quite nicely and could give each other what they needed. Sadly they both went mad and the relationship fell off sometime between Frozen Throne and Burning Crusade.

<> (Pale Quadrant)
Pairing: Varimithras x Putress
Reasoning: Leading a coup, deadly biological warfare, and killing all the living and the dead. What else is friendship all about?

<3< (Caliginous Quadrant)
Pairing: Asric x Jadaar
Reasoning: Their conversations are all constant fights, to the point of some talks being nothing but a game (whose rules are argued) of insulting one another. They embody the rivalry between the Blood Elves and Draenei, and Aldor and Scryers that was so big back in Burning Crusade and have kept it going.

o8< (Ashen Quadrant)
Pairing: Saurfang's Axe x The World
Reasoning: Cleave solves all the problems. ALL OF THEM.

You heard it here first. Saurfang is the Kanaya of WoW. Everyone's Auspistice.
All of my favorite pairings have already been discusses, so adding a desired pairing.

Desired pairing: Mankrik and Mahka

Reason: After 7 years of avenging his wife and killing quilboars, Mankrik deserves to find love/comfort again. I thought that the questline was going to clear it up and show him thawing a bit but that was never finished and ended poorly (when the quest actually worked and showed them talking to each other *was fixed early in Cata*). I hope it gets some additional development at some time in the future.
Real desired pairing: Garrosh / Zaela.
Reasoning: They seem like a match made in Orcish heaven, she's an established and successful character in her own right, and she's already shown an interest in Garrosh.

They would be awesome together. :D
02/13/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Kellick
(maybe that's normal for Trolls in love, I don't know.).

Maybe it is, there's some troll on troll obsession going on at Swamprat post too...
Why don't we just go ahead and list a couple for every quadrant from my point of view?

<3 (Flushed Quadrant)
Pairing: Illidan x Kael'Thas
Reasoning: The two obviously hit it off quite nicely and could give each other what they needed. Sadly they both went mad and the relationship fell off sometime between Frozen Throne and Burning Crusade.

<> (Pale Quadrant)
Pairing: Varimithras x Putress
Reasoning: Leading a coup, deadly biological warfare, and killing all the living and the dead. What else is friendship all about?

<3< (Caliginous Quadrant)
Pairing: Asric x Jadaar
Reasoning: Their conversations are all constant fights, to the point of some talks being nothing but a game (whose rules are argued) of insulting one another. They embody the rivalry between the Blood Elves and Draenei, and Aldor and Scryers that was so big back in Burning Crusade and have kept it going.

o8< (Ashen Quadrant)
Pairing: Saurfang's Axe x The World
Reasoning: Cleave solves all the problems. ALL OF THEM.

You heard it here first. Saurfang is the Kanaya of WoW. Everyone's Auspistice.

I don't know who you are but I want to BUY YOU MANY DRINKS!

Favorite Pairing: Malfurion/Malfurion's Ego
Why: So Tyrande can go find someone less likely to shoosh her.

Desired Pairing: Jaina/Purified Reanimated Corpse of Arthas Menethil.
- It's Blizzcon'non that maybe she took the body.
- He's not the Lich King anymore, we could have a pretty sweet redemptive arc.
- Jaina is a powerful sorceress, and she cries a lot. I am also a person who cries a lot, but I am not a powerful sorceress. I like that this doesn't stop her from being amazing. She needs something to do that is badass. Necromancy is badass. Miss Proudmoore, if you're nasty. This presumes I can't still ship her with Thrall. (Old hot Hyjal Thrall.)

I also ship Auctioneer Jaxon/Cynwise.
02/13/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Skytotem
Maybe it is, there's some troll on troll obsession going on at Swamprat post too...

Aye, that one had come to mind.

Seems striking out spectacularly is a common thing for Trolls vying for their favourite lady's affection. Gotta admire the effort though. Course, Reavj (The guy in Zangarmarsh) should have probably helped get the stinger if he wanted to prove himself.
All the Hatestuck in this thread makes me sad; I'm glad there are people like Basmothel in the world.

Anyway.

Favorite Pairing: Pyramond/Theleste
Reasoning: I love that there's a retelling of the Pyramus/Thisbe story in WoW, simple as. I also think the way it's retold through artifacts is really clever, and I bet it would be a lot of fun to flesh out their romance -- it's almost like the flavor text for the items are writing prompts in their own right.

Desired Pairing: Meredith the Mermaiden/Narain Soothfancy
Reasoning: I don't even care that the Scepter questline was taken out, I love these two.
<Alpha> and <Rocket Surgery>. They both really want to run 25s and together they could make that happen. Plus, they deserve each other.

Evidence: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4038615047
Favorite pairing: Mankrik/Mankrik's wife
Reasoning: Dead people need loving too!

Runner-up pairing: Golemagg and his dogs
Reasoning: Fire man's best friend.
Desired Pairing: Mylune and Lirastrasza

Reasoning: The lovely Mylune is far too flighty to ever find true love, but you can't help but hope for the best for her. So I think she would need someone extremely devoted, overprotective and able to deal with the unrequited relationship.

Lirastrasza meets all those requirements and she can fly to get the bear cubs out of the trees.