SKRILLEX

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Yeah this is old news but 3 GRAMMYS AND 5 NOMS? SO PROUD.
Whats a skrillex
Adele won six.
02/16/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Elbeghast
I just don't understand the appeal of electronic music. Anyone with a few bucks and Sony Acid Pro can do the exact same thing. It takes barely any skill or talent.

it's freaking addicting.
I just don't understand the appeal of electronic music. Anyone with a few bucks and Sony Acid Pro can do the exact same thing. It takes barely any skill or talent.

it doesn't take any skill to play a guitar, just strum it and you will get something, it doesn't take skill to play, but it takes skill to make something good

I understand it takes some dedication or talent but that doesn't change the fact it sucks.

I think electronic music is for people who want to feel good

Rock (at least most I listen too) is for people who have something important to say
But even rock is so "pretty" nowadays in the sense anyone has a record studio so they can edit and mix until it all sounds perfect recording quality and pitch correction on the instruments and vocals and perfect reverb sounds and digital effects BLAH BLAH BLAH..all the indipendent bands do that

I don't hear many new bands that sound like they were recorded in a basement anymore...I need that...
I wish Pendulum was more mainstream. I hear people playing The Island pt. 2 at parties, but no one has any idea who they are.
I don't think you should only listen to something because it takes "talent". Someone may be really good at guitar, and the band is absolute crap. You listen to music because you like how it sounds, not how "good" someone is.
02/17/2012 08:10 AMPosted by Sisterlassie
it doesn't take any skill to play a guitar, just strum it and you will get something

This is so wrong...
02/19/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Sathrago
it doesn't take any skill to play a guitar, just strum it and you will get something

This is so wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va7Ij2PZ9Vk

I just learned how to play Tom Petty's song Free Fallin' in less than three minutes. Music is beautiful, no matter what instrument(piano, guitar, drums, laptop) it comes from. Anyone can make noise. It takes talent to create art.
02/16/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Bluntgeass
Who is bonnie vare?

I believe you mean Bonny Bear
Dubstep will die fast.

Mark my words.
02/17/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Anarchia

I understand it takes some dedication or talent but that doesn't change the fact it sucks.

I think electronic music is for people who want to feel good

Rock (at least most I listen too) is for people who have something important to say

I listen to rock, dubstep, rap, pop, blues, hip hop, and any other music genre you can throw out there (except for country) and I feel "good" listening to all of them. But just because dubstep doesn't have any lyrics like rock doesn't mean it doesn't have a message. What about classical music, where there are no lyrics whatsoever but everyone interprets a story and message from the combination of instruments and sounds? Yeah dubstep might fade but that's just music, rock or at least classic rock doesn't exist anymore. Either way I don't care, I like it and I'm gonna enjoy it :)
02/16/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Lutecia
Adele won six.

Yeah and good for her, I have her whole album on my playlist. Anything else? :)