Holy Bejeebuz 69K Instant SPriest

Arenas
Post Limit:
I know im a mage but i totally feel for you, i was playing RMP 3v3 against Thomas edison cleave. My rogue was on the spriest stopping casts however he ate a DR'd 2 second clone, in that time i was crit for a 80k mind blast followed by a 35k death....on 4k resil.

I also like playing against spriests in 2s where they heal like a disc.
I crit a feral on my Spriest for 62k with mind blast so your numbers definitely aren't uncommon.
You pretty much just got unlucky.

On the other hand, shatter can do much more than 62k.

On the other other hand, have a ret Wog you to full.

There are a lot of extremes in this game right now.
02/14/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Gamegenie

They would have to rework healers if they stopped this insane dmg.

Indeed, burst healing would need to drop as well as burst damage. Which is what they were originally intending for this expac but lost sight of that very quickly.

After Wrath, how could they let scaling and PvE gear in PvP get THIS out of hand. AGAIN. I remember seeing casters with DFO and melee with DBW and thinking there would never be such broken PvE items allowed in PvP again.

LOL. Then we get an agi trinket that's proc instantly deals 30k+ damage. A caster trinket that shoots AoE shadowbolts hitting everyone for 30k+. A staff that can double shatter damage. Daggers that proc Eviscerate spam.

I don't understand how they let it happen again. Heart of gold, memory of a goldfish, I suppose.
Ha i run with a frost dk we was playing a 2200 ele/spriest/hpally i we survived the hodge with no trink dk survived the silence with ams, trinked the hex, and he went from 100% with a bubble to dead in a sych hor stun on me that way to much damage the priest hit him for 60k for the killing blow with mindblast and he was running 4900 resil at the time.
So doing 3s tonight at around 2150mmr we happened across a Shadowplay team and I documented being hit as hard as a Frost Mage's Shatter:

Hilarious

"WTF... A NON-MAGE HIT ME AS HARD AS A MAGE!!! NERF!!!"
Back when i ran with 4500 resil i was hit for a 58k mindblast and was like wtf
The people that said I was unlucky... keep in mind his Cunning didn't even proc at the time so it could have been much worse =P lawl
Squirrelnut, cool name :P

Indeed, burst healing would need to drop as well as burst damage. Which is what they were originally intending for this expac but lost sight of that very quickly.

After Wrath, how could they let scaling and PvE gear in PvP get THIS out of hand. AGAIN. I remember seeing casters with DFO and melee with DBW and thinking there would never be such broken PvE items allowed in PvP again.

LOL. Then we get an agi trinket that's proc instantly deals 30k+ damage. A caster trinket that shoots AoE shadowbolts hitting everyone for 30k+. A staff that can double shatter damage. Daggers that proc Eviscerate spam.

I don't understand how they let it happen again. Heart of gold, memory of a goldfish, I suppose.

Back in wrath I used to do 2s with a RL buddy on my Disc Priest with his Mage, was for points and nothing real serious since well, he wasn't the greatest player around, he finally got DFO to drop and that alone boosted us like 300 rating.. just stupid.

One would like to think that Blizzard would learn from their mistakes, not make it worse (Currently I believe the damage and such is worse than the end of wrath). The problem is, they want to make all these PvE fights "so intense", they break PvP. No offense to the Dragon Slayers but adding a ton of RNG and huge gear requirements to put out insane burst doesn't make it harder, just makes it lame.

They seriously could handle this much differently and simply choose not to because someone at Blizzard is an excited little kid (Mentally) and goes "OMFG I LOVE CRITTING FOR HUGE NUMBERS!!! I NEED MORE!". Anyone remember being new to the game and hitting a certain crit that made you go "OMG YAY!"?, well people at Blizzard are stuck with that mentality. "Bigger numbers means more fun!".

/rant
02/14/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Gamegenie

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33371

Pay attention to the time stamps on the recount log, MB and Imp DP hit at the exact same time which means it was casted. Otherwise it would have had a GCD causing one to be at a different time than the other.

Your nitpicking is irrelevant. We are talking about Arena's here. While I never think a caster should be free casting, that is never the case. While you may be right it was a cast, the situation might not have allowed for him to LOS or even be close enough to the target for an interrupt. I have seen some Spriests throw out some nice damage and not in arenas, since I only arena for capping. Though in BG's I have seen them hit real hard.
02/14/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Holymoleey
I don't think any class should hit this hard and not a class that is a hybird shadow preists should get nerfed. There would be alot more healers in bg's if blizzard nerfed shadow and ret why thease classes get better surviablity and damage then warriors is beyond comprehension. If people want to do damage play a damage class why is that such a bad thing you don't see rogues complaining that they can't heal a raid.

Lol there is a whole lot of stupidity in this post. Maybe they should just remove the healers all together? Some people really think hybrid classes should not exist. Talk about watering down the game even more.

rofl
Meekaa please, he is trying very hard in the 700 bracket.

Lol post on an alt and you always get the idiots, love the forums.
ahh, i remember the day my spriest downed a warrior solo from 60% to nothing in less than 2 seconds. best laugh i had in long time.

he was very humble about it too lol, this was his excuse:

"maybe all our dots crit or something?"
02/14/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Selenora
I just can't begin to fathom what the developers are smoking. It's got to be some strong stuff.

wtb^
02/14/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Bascal
I just can't begin to fathom what the developers are smoking. It's got to be some strong stuff.

wtb^

lol