February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 76 Next

Q: Do Discipline priests have Prayer of Healing or not?
A: Our current design direction is this: Holy does AE healing with Prayer of Healing, and Discipline heals with (a much more powerful than today) Holy Nova. Divine Aegis would work with Holy Nova under this model. However, please see the question above. The priest tree is still in heavy development.

So Discipline priests heal with HOLY Nova?

Does that seem a little odd to anyone else?

It's really going to depend heavily on how they revamp the spell.
I have a question about the Druid level 87 ability, Symbiosis.

The tooltip says that i am granted an ability of my current targets class based on my spec, and that my target will be granted a druid ability based on their spec and role.

This sounds like a very fun an interesting ability and i can't wait to try it out, however, how will this work in the spell book and action bar? is there a specific extra action button that i need to have set aside for the granted ability? does the ability i am granted take the spot on the action bar replacing symbiosis, and if so, how can i recast it it to change the ability i am granted by using symbiosis on a new target?

along the same lines, how will my target be granted the ability as well?

i'm sure you have many potential ways to have this work out, i'm just curious as to what some of them are.

Also... i'm even more excited for this expansion. Druid talents are phenomenal, as well as the abilities that are trained from the trainer. looking through that makes me really happy too. :) can't wait!

If it works like Dark Simulcrum - the new ability will overwrite Symbiosis on your action bar
One concern coming from a priest, the dispel magic is usable only on oneself with no passive talent or skill that makes it able to be used on others. Along those same lines, it seems cure disease has disappeared as well, sorry if this has already been addressed but I'm worried that priests will no longer be able to dispel anything unless it's cast on them or by using mass dispel.
My question is what happened to the talents that increased hit chance on the offhand, how will dual weild dps for warriors and dks remain viable in raiding without those talents?

The trap talent row looks TERRIBLE and has ZERO pve choices, and limited pvp use.. Yay I can turn someone into a beast.. and then fear them.. gee, sounds like scatter trap version 2.0.. AND it doesn't replace freeze trap, so now I'll be forced to monitor and maintain BOTH traps for CC.

Maybe pretty awesome for challenge mode dungeons!

Oh i dont disagree with some of its use

back when BC came out.. if you remember shadowlabs.. I was a hybrid 0/31/30 spec that could tripled trap and 2x wyvern sting mobs (thats 5 CC'd mobs for 30 seconds, and I could maintain 3 of the 5 CCs after 30 seconds passed..

I just hate when... if I have it, Im forced to use it in pvp, when its annoying. -- Much like hunters were relegated to drain teams in Seasons 1-4 ?
Really quick observations:

1.) Sacred Shield costs 3 holy power / protects the target / increases crit chance for WoG.
The shield costs 3 holy power, then the WoG uses more.... it would seem a little more usefull to have the Sacred Shield increase the crit chance of Flash of Light. I understand that we'll now be able to carry 5 holy power but that should be rare.

2.) Its nice that Divine Purpose is now optional..but I would personally still like to simply see the RNG of that talent go away completely.

3.) I really can't see anyone giving up repentance or a 30 yard slow to add another 10 yards to their stunn.

I still do NOT like the changes to insect swarm. Making it a spell that you must keep up to do competitive damage like inquisition or the old Hunger for Blood is NOT fun or interesting to me, as it tends to feel like an extra button that doesn't need to be there as well as hindering our burst damage at the start of fights or on new mobs. I wouldn't mind nit as much if it has a long duration like 5 minutes, but even then I never thought it was super fun when I had to cast Faerie Fire at the start of every fight. I'm not gonna reroll over something like this, but it seems unnecessary.

Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with druids, obviously more fine tuning is needed, but it will come :)
Pretty interested to see what Avatar looks like.

Hopefully by "You transform into an unstoppable colossus" it doesn't mean you just turn into a big stone statue sort of being, because that sounds a tad boring. Though this seems the likely case.
Rogue Feedback:

Tier 1: Stealth

A good, solid tier I'd say, with three interesting options to buff stealth. I'm a little worried Shadow Focus may be a bit weak, but I couldn't say for sure without testing it out in beta.

Tier 2: Survivability 1

This tier confuses me a little. Combat readiness and Nerve Strike seem like solid ways to reduce incoming damage, where as Deadly Throw seems to stick out a little here, as one of its uses is as a ranged snare. Yes, you can interupt a spell to 'reduce damage' but it still feels a bit ouf of place next to the other two for me.

Tier 3: Survivability again.

I think this tier should be swapped out with 4 or 5 just to avoid two survivability tiers in a row, but that's mild complaint. Cheat Death is good for (hopefully) avoiding a certain death scenario, while leaching poison and feint offer great options for when you're in melee range of a target. I can see these al being very useful in different circumstances. A very solid tier.

Tier 4: Mobility

Like tier 2, one of the options here seems out of place to me. Preparation. Yes, I suppose a second vanish does give mobility. But it also gives extra smoke bomb, extra cloak of shadows, and a second evasion again. I fear that prep with this many abilities on it is too powerful compared to the others. I think that prep should either be changed to affect only sprint and/or vanish with perhaps a reduced cooldown itself to compensate, or just removed from the tree or game entirely. You have two mobility talents competing with the 'reset all your powerful cooldowns' talent. How can they compete with all the spells crammed into prep now? This is my biggest complaint with the rogue talents.

Tier 5: Crowd Control

I have a question here regarding the stun from paralytic poison. Does it share a diminishing return with cheap shot and kidney snot? If so, then this is a useless talent that will put your stuns on DR at times you may not want it to. Or is it like the mage freezes, where the proc based freezes are on a seperate DR from the manual ones like frost nova? If this is the case, then all three talents here are good. If not, Paralytic poison needs to be replaced or reworked.

Tier 6: Efficiency.

An interesting tier here. When I first looked at it, I thought it was one good talent and two lame ones. But the more I thought about it, I realize all three are great. Shurrikan Throw, while useful for rangd damage while being kited or when you have to get away from a boss, is about energy efficency at the end. It lets you turn energy into damage and combo points even when you can't be on your target, keeping you from capping to some extent. The other two provide efficiency for combo points, by either allowing all the redirects you want, making combo points basically on your character instead of on a target so long as you click the button on your new one, and the last talent allows you to not waste combo points when you get an extra point from a proc when already 5 capped, such as the sinister strike glyph, seal fate or honor among thieves. Or when going crazy with combo builders during AR and shadowdance.

All in all I give it a 8/10. I feel that prearation and Deadly Throw feel out of place in their tiers, and that prep is too powerful as it stands now. But other than that I am very excited for these talents as is.

And one last note: I may or may not have laughed maniacally when I read about shroud of concealment and my mind thought of the W PvP possibilities. As ther is no duration listed, does this mean that this is like an aoe shadowmeld, where you stay stealthed until you move or take damage?
Uuuuh, no special, happy, short CD for Divine Hymn? I don't see it in any of the priest trees, yet resto druids are just given the shorter CD for free as resto? At least resto shaman can spec into having a (theoretically) great raid cool down. (I know almost nothing about holy paladins D:)

I do not approve of this change.

Otherwise, I so far am looking forward to playing with the new talent trees on a few characters.
02/15/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Enekie
Still hate having to choose between shadowstep and preparation when used to having them both >_>

Yeah, this part really baffles me. Blizzard says they want choices in talents to matter, but somehow this only seems to apply to Rogues. I mean, all mages get Deep Freeze as a BASELINE SPELL now.

umm did you even notice the third talent? Seriously, since the crying is about pvp I would take a look at that. And stealth not breaking for 3 seconds after you open on someone GG. I am wondering if half the people crying even look at the whole thing and see what all they can build out of it.

Hopefully by "You transform into an unstoppable colossus" it doesn't mean you just turn into a big stone statue sort of being, because that sounds a tad boring. Though this seems the likely case.

You still don't know how warriors work?
We turn red and increase size slightly of course... if it aint broke etc.
Hunters - seems very pvp based and not very friendly to the lone BM hunter style I usually play. Also, the Spirit Bond seems out of place in the lvl 45 talents since the other choices are dmg reducers. I'd also say that personally you can't BE a BM hunter without Spirit Bond since without their pets, they are nothing. Although, the Glaive Throw does sound very awesome! Hope the graphic is as sweet as it is in my head. ;)

Shammies - I get the sense we're going to have to learn to Totem Dance! It'll be weird not to have my four totems surrounding me, but it'll make play a bit more of a challenge. Looking forward to what you have in store for the lvl 90 talents!

Priests - the lvl 45 talent Divine Star, will there be a split form like the other two choices for that lvl? Such as additional dmg output/health return(if vamp active) in shadowform and higher heals w/minor shields yet less dmg output for heal specs?

Rogues - seems overall very balanced, however, the new poison could potentially be very OP. Specifically thinking about the combination of Leeching Poison (lvl 45 talent), Deadly Brew (lvl 75 talent) then using Recuperate - they're hard enough to kill alone now, this combo could make them as bad as healy types.

Warriors - Storm Bolt here I come!! Please oh please let the graphic look like a storm hammer!! And I'm SURE there's going to be many ppl with macros yelling "I'm the Juggernaut, b*t@h!" when charging ;) (especially since I'll be making one)

As for the rest of the classes, don't have enough time spent playing those, so can't give you informed feedback, but I do look forward towards seeing the monk talents.
02/15/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Nyres
My question is what happened to the talents that increased hit chance on the offhand, how will dual weild dps for warriors and dks remain viable in raiding without those talents?

For DKs, it just means we need to get an extra 3% hit on our gear. The off-hand damage boost (which is the real reason you take the talent) is being shuffled over to Threat of Thassarian and boosted from 25% or so.

So Discipline priests heal with HOLY Nova?

Does that seem a little odd to anyone else?

Starting with the name. HOLY nova?
To expand on some of my earlier comments about shaman T4:

Ancestral Swiftness should be changed to the following if you want to maintain the current balance between the two for elemental and restoration while also making it a more feasible choice for enhancement:

Ancestral Swiftness
Instant cast (1 min cooldown)
Passively increases spell and melee haste by 5%.

When activated, your next Nature spell with a casting time of less than 10 sec. becomes an instant cast spell and consumes no charges of maelstrom weapon.

Additionally, I really want to emphasize the disparity between enhancement and elemental/restoration when it comes to Echo of the Elements. Enhancement casts less spells than restoration and elemental. If all 3 specs get the same proc rate on this talent, then this talent will either be inferior for enhancement compared to the other two (assuming all 3 are reasonable choices for ele/resto), or it will be the go-to choice for ele/resto (assuming all 3 are reasonable choices for enh).

You still don't know how warriors work?
We turn red and increase size slightly of course... if it aint broke etc.

I for one REALLY hope that just turning red and increasing in size isn't the case, that would be lazy and boring.

Starting with the name. HOLY nova?

We could change it to bubble nova. :o That's more catchy, maybe.
What happened to Fire Orb? *pouts* I love that spell. And the Arcane version of it sounded fun, too. :<

But apart from that, I love the new stuff for Mages! :D
Okay I apologize in advance if this was mentioned already, but there's no way I'm reading through 13 pages of posts to see if anybody else posted this question.

I also realize that talent trees / etc are still in development for Shaman. But so far I don't see any indication of Telluric Currents being carried over. It's not a necessary talent for Resto Shaman, once you get enough Spirit, but it's definitely a useful talent. When there's a lull in healing, it is nice to be able to fall back, do a bit of DPS back, and get some mana in the process.

So will we be seeing the same alternative choices for Resto as now, or are you guys re-engineering the spec to provide better mana regen without needing TC in the first place?