February 15 Update to Mists Talent Calculator

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 76 Next
02/15/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Rahkarn
Talent points for retribution still look useless to the extreme, on the order of at least 75% approaching 100.

No way, friend! Ret has been amazingly squishy this expansion - there are so many talents in here that can be used to buff survivability and even gives you a choice on how you are able to do it. It's neat.

You already have crazy control and damage not to mention you're complaining on situational arguments instead of giving constructive feedback.

If they want more "constructive feedback" then they should try spending more than 5 minutes thinking about the way they want this class to operate. Do you play a rogue? If you did you'd know how bad some of these talent "choices" are.
I love the new lvl 90 mage talents.

Invocation (provided the current Evocation glyph still works with it for the self-healing) will add a ton of survivability along with a new and truly different mana conservation dynamic to the class.

Rune of Power is another great looking talent. For Patchwork style fights, this would great and would provide a lot caster utility/synergy with other classes.

Incanter's Shield seems like it would be great for pvp and encounters with aoe damage phases.

All in all, these new talents are fun and interesting while actually changing the playstyle of the mage class.

On the other hand, I still feel that the bomb talents in the lvl 75 tier are somewhat uninteresting. While it seems that the abilities that increase fire/forst/arcane damage have been removed, I still feel the bomb choice is superficial at best.
We’ve just updated our [url="http://ow.ly/94f5N"]Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator[/url] to reflect many of the most recent changes and renovations currently being made to the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

We’d like to discuss these and other changes to talents and specializations in this thread. Here are a couple of thoughts to start with:

• For shaman and hunters, we still have a ways to go with the revamp of talents, and this latest calculator doesn’t have some of the changes that we’re currently working on.
• If you don’t see a favorite spell in the talent list, there is a good chance it is something you get automatically for choosing a particular spec. For example, all Fury warriors learn Raging Blow without having to choose it as a talent. All Discipline priests know Divine Aegis. Chances were almost certain that you were going to choose those anyway so we just gave them to you.
• If you don’t see a favorite spell or mechanic as a class ability, spec ability or talent, then there is a good chance it is becoming a glyph. Examples include Atonement (priest), Gag Order (Warrior), Rude Interruption (Warrior), and the Acts of Sacrifice Cleanse component (Paladin).

Feel free to have a look at the updated calculator, and then discuss it there!

Kaivax. I have to say, I had to sit down after looking at the Death Knight Talents and spells. I honestly didn't think you people could make me any more excited for this next expansion, but you have again left me flabbergasted. i just have one last question. WHEN?
02/15/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Relesa
Just to say it, I see nothing akin to Sanquine Fortitude, in case I'm missing it. Are tanks losing their 50%, 2min DR CD?

Quoting this.

I both love getting these tree previews, but also loath cause it makes the wait that much harder.
The new paladin talents look amazingly cool. Love Execution sentence.
The oversight of not giving Disc priests binding heal but giving it to Holy is a little disheartening.
I'm with Alona, reserving judgement about some of the stuff unchanged in the priest tree. I'm very happy about Atonement sticking around. Over Cata, to me, it has begun to feel as integral to disc as shields.

Question: With Atonement becoming a glyph will Glyph of Divine Accuracy be baked into it or will Disc be forced to sacrifice 2 glyph slots for Atonement to be viable?
Wow, the new Mage tree is really nice! Invocation is an awesome concept.

The DK tree is also really good. One note on Vile Spew though: only explode minions? Not corpses anymore? Won't that be pretty much useless to an unholy DK?

-----
Uhm... is it me or has nothing changed for priests since Blizzcon?!

Spells like Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Divine Hymn, Renew, Heal, Holy Fire, Hymn of Hope and Holy Nova are still spec dependant instead of being class-wide (completely against the idea of class harmony and removing any healing utility Shadow ever had).

Devouring Plague and Vampiric Embrace are still missing.

If this is what they are going into FFA Beta and possibly release, I'm probably not going to be play my priest as my main anymore since right now from my perspective everything that has drawn me to play this class has been broken and/or flipped on its head.
So much awesome new rogue talents. SHROUD OF GG.

And Shurikens.

its like christmas!

Meh, Shuriken Toss is rather unimpressive as a talent compared to Versatility and Anticipation, which are both pretty powerful. Anticipation's wording, however, is rather confusing. Once you've built 5 anticipation counters, are the combo points consumed in addition to the charges? If the original CPs remain unconsumed, I'm assuming you simply refresh your Anticipation charges via the talent's CP-to-Charge conversion and essentially remain in a "permanent max CP" mode for the entire duration you remain on the target (provided your Ridirect is on CD).

How will Anticipation function with abilities like Slice and Dice and Recuperate?

Not too keen on having to take two talents (Shuriken Toss and Deadly Throw) just to be able to somewhat effectively range attack a boss whenever the circumstances or mechanics make melee a fatal option.
wheres holy priest's heavenly voice?
I am disappointed in the priest talents shadow looks unchanged and the lvl 90 ones all seem useless as a shadow priest I dont want to have to worry about other peoples health pools as a shadow priest I want to dps :( why everyone else get cool talents
I have some concern not over the talent trees themselves but of some changes being made to certain class/specs...specifically prot warriors. The way I'm reading the trained skills, revenge's cooldown is being raised to 9 seconds, shield slam is still 6, and devastate is still 4.5 That leaves a lot of gaps in a normal tanking "rotation." One of the reasons I like to tank on my warrior is that there is, provided proper rage management, always an attack to perform. I do not like, for example, prot pallies because they're cooldown-based and not resource management based.

I don't deny that prot warriors don't have to manage their resource nearly as much as say, dps warriors, but I feel like this is a very large change in the playstyle of the protection warrior and makes them a bit more similar to paladins than I'm comfortable with.

Note that all this assumes HS/Cleave still work the same way they do now in that they are off gcd. If they are being reworked to be an actual gcd-triggering attack, I suppose that alleviates this issue. But as I'm reading it, I'm far from thrilled.
Well, I thought I was going to reroll a Monk in MoP, but after seeing Ascendance for shaman...

I have some thinking to do =)
Knowing the shaman tree is still less polished than the rest (save my mail-wearing brethren), I still feel like I should point out that Ancestral Swiftness is always better than Elemental Mastery (possibly except in burst fights, like Hagara). EM provides an average haste bonus equal to the static haste bonus of AS... but AS gets a bonus 1-min CD instant-cast nature spell.

That being said, Ascendance is EXACTLY the cooldown I've been sorely lacking and very much wanting to hit these days. Lava Burst spam? YES PLEASE!!