War College - Isle of Conquest

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 23 Next
1. Run up one of your towers or to some other secluded spot nobody can find you in.
2. Go make a sandwich because this is a terrible bg that nobody wants to do.
Obviously alot of people havent noticed the trend in the other forum topics......that unhelpful posts (like "Leave") arent what this is for.

Im no expert on this bg, but as a relative noob to BGs i will say this one thing i think most people never think to tell nooblets, i've only just discovered it.

If you are defending with a turrent, and it gets killed, you can repair it.
03/01/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Unléashed
Everyone says go docks but to be honest, the glaives don't have enough HP to be defended they simply die to fast with the gear we have.

The thing is though, that is the team is neglectful and doesnt have that one or two people to take down glaves it will totally destroy the base from what i've seen.

TL:DR they are so hard to defend because they are so good when they are defended.
03/02/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Kielis
i dont get what every ones problem with these large 40v40 bgs is, i love IoC/AV even more so on my rogue =D
Because they barely even qualify as pvp? In whose mind does a good battleground need tanks to kill a raid boss? You can go an entire AV or IoC match without seeing an enemy player.
Obviously alot of people havent noticed the trend in the other forum topics......that unhelpful posts (like "Leave") arent what this is for.

Im no expert on this bg, but as a relative noob to BGs i will say this one thing i think most people never think to tell nooblets, i've only just discovered it.

If you are defending with a turrent, and it gets killed, you can repair it.

lol i didnt learn this till a few days ago =P

the main strat for this BG changes drastically from battlegroup to battlegroup, faction to faction.

in vengance we rush WS and hanger. we bomb the walls from the ship, which we also jump from to get into the base to run bombs/kill slow people/kill afkers/and kill turrets (to prevent them from killing out siege). we then wait out the timer for the siege eng to spawn and roll that thing up into the base, cap every thing so they all spawn at their base, and the faceroll their assses as they rez. and thats if we are winning. if we are losing, most of us just go afk and wait for afk timer or bg to end.

I think mine are the same. Im not sure, most of the teams have been pretty descent. rather its pass or fail. We totally own the alliance, or we lose (though rarely miserably)

-------------

that reminds me of another actual tip. Obviously alot of the people here dislike the BG, so this is most important in this particular one. DONT GET DISCOURAGED! There are tons of ways you can help even if you dont contribute much. Running bombs. Hurting seige engines. CCing a healer just before you die. Ive spent a lifetime playing alliance and having people complain and saying they where going to role horde. and then i go horde and hear the opposite! Some games are bad, some arent, but in this BG there are tons of ways you can contribute!
Interesting tactic I've seen to lock down base turrets and prevent players from repairing them. If you're a mage (Fire seems to work best w/ instant casts) you can barely reach the edge of the platform where the turrets are with a well placed Flamestrike. The damage tick will slightly hurt turrets/players up there, but more importantly will cancel the channeled repair on the turret, preventing the enemy players from repairing it and using it against your sieges/players once again. A mage with a few bodyguards can keep this up by herself, effectively locking down the turrets and forcing enemy players to the ground to deal with your siege machines, and luring them into range of your siege defense team.
Take them resources. Quarry and Refinery for the boost in siege damage.

Other than that its all about defending those vehicles. Alliance side - Have someone stand about 50 yards away from them in the center of the roads going to the typical glaive damage spots, and have a Shadow Priest Mind Sear off that person. Will pop those pesky Rogues and Invisible Mages.
I have a tip for rogues who want to down those pesky glaives..

use the noggenfogger elixir before the game starts until you get the buff that makes you small. Enjoy killing the glaives from underneath while the alliance go "WHATS HAPPENING?!?!?!"
My strategy for this awful battleground consists of typing /afk after I see the loading screen.

This also happens to be my strategy for Strand of the Ancients. Go figure.
03/02/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Hiza

the responses in these threads resemble BG chat everytime you enter them. maybe if IoC (or AV for that matter) actually had any PvP elements that were required to win, people would be better able to provide a real strategy.
03/02/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Jhudiel
My problem is the vehicles. Same reason I hate SotA.

Why should I take time to learn to control a stupid vehicle after I take the longest of time learning my character? >.>
*see IoC loading*

*starts crying*

the responses in these threads resemble BG chat everytime you enter them. maybe if IoC (or AV for that matter) actually had any PvP elements that were required to win, people would be better able to provide a real strategy.

Have to agree with this guy here. AV and IoC closely resemble War. Capturing points, and killing the enemy commander. What it seems to me is that real war like objectives are frowned on by a portion of the player base.

I personally enjoy both IoC and AV greatly (bunker recap team member), and would like to see more BGs like it in the future. But understand both the frustration, and the lack of real great strategies for either BG.
Spend the first 2 minutes trying to get everyone to report AFKrs

Spend the next 5 minutes trying to tell all the hunters, druids, rogues to get to glaives and destroy them

When demos pop, fight with your team about how airship and bombs should be on the east gate while the demo drivers go to west, splitting your damage /facepalm

Sprinkle in random yelling at people fighting at meaningless points in the roads

Likely you are with a bunch of failures and alliance steam rolls the gates down in a minute or two and you can move on to a more fun BG