Conquest to Valor.

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I recently decided i want to do Pve (raids heroics ect) with my rogue skullthresh.
Thinking if i switched my valor points over to conquest i could get a better trinket. Well when i switched i was about 100 conquest off of what i needed so i said poo on it and went to change my conquest back into valor. well i could not find anyone to trade conquest to valor. i also think it is silly how you can change justice into honor, and honor into justice. Thats why i was so willing to switch it over because i thought the same could be done with conquest and valor. I really hate pvp and dont ever want to step foot in a Bg again thats why i spent all this week and last week trying to get better gear for pve. Would it be that big of a deal for blizzard to put in a conquest to valor on one of the conquest NPCs? i just dont have the time to restart and find this very inconvienent.
thank you for your time
wrong forum
I recently decided i want to do Pve (raids heroics ect) with my rogue skullthresh.
Thinking if i switched my valor points over to conquest i could get a better trinket. Well when i switched i was about 100 conquest off of what i needed so i said poo on it and went to change my conquest back into valor. well i could not find anyone to trade conquest to valor. i also think it is silly how you can change justice into honor, and honor into justice. Thats why i was so willing to switch it over because i thought the same could be done with conquest and valor. I really hate pvp and dont ever want to step foot in a Bg again thats why i spent all this week and last week trying to get better gear for pve. Would it be that big of a deal for blizzard to put in a conquest to valor on one of the conquest NPCs? i just dont have the time to restart and find this very inconvienent.
thank you for your time

I know the thinking used to be that you could trade valor to conquest and not vice versa because valor took a lot longer/was more difficult to gain then conquest. I really don't think I could say that with a straight face anymore.
Noooooo! Not unless they add in a Max Valor aspect to this (and it would have to be fairly high... like 4 weeks high)

Conquest points are SUPER easy to earn. I used to run with a guild that helped me get my T10 gear in about 2 weeks. Valor is supposed to be hard to max out, of course the real worst part is when you spend your 2200 points on your gear and then the LFR drops that piece. Never fails...
02/24/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Ninjablaze
valor took a lot longer/was more difficult to gain then conquest. I really don't think I could say that with a straight face anymore.

I earn 2200 conquest a week, I am capped at 1000 valor. What irks you about that statement?
02/24/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Mate
valor took a lot longer/was more difficult to gain then conquest. I really don't think I could say that with a straight face anymore.

I earn 2200 conquest a week, I am capped at 1000 valor. What irks you about that statement?

You can get more conquest, but a full set of conquest gear take a hell of a lot more points than a set of valor gear.
I still don't see why they can't make conquest convertible to Valor really. There's a 1k cap on it so even if conquest is a lot easier to get (and you can get more of it), it will always cap at 1k.
*cracks knuckles* let me start by saying trololololololololol, its good of blizzard to not allow conquest to vp because i recently started pvping and realized how easy it is to get conquest, 180 per arena win, less then 5 mins max? quit your complaining
what the flip...conquest valor, speak english you nerds....jk love you all :D
Why would you use a conquest trinket for PvE? Don't they all have half of their stat budgets devoted to either resilience or a CC breaker?
This is just my personal opinion,but they got a good point for not trading Conq for Val.HOWEVER, some people are like me and only do bg's,not arenas.if u do bg's not arenas u get 100 conq, and thats if you win a bg that day.So I say make it like honor and justice.Oh and another thing,HoT gives 150 valor every run,not to mention the raid finder toolgives you 250 per run,SO u could get 150x7 plus 500 valor in a single day.Next week u can do the same thing wich gives 1550 valor per week.Whereas ppl like me u can get 700 conquest a week.so for people that do things this way,well,makes it harder to get Conquest then valor do u c my point here?
valor is hard to get? since when?

You can sit in LFR for 8 bosses and barely pay attention to what you are doing and get 500 valor. If you raid at all, you get valor every boss kill. And the 5 mans are BS easy, for 140 valor for 25 minutes of your time (usually less).
07/02/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Bladefang
Oh and another thing,HoT gives 150 valor every run,not to mention the raid finder toolgives you 250 per run,SO u could get 150x7 plus 500 valor in a single day.Next week u can do the same thing wich gives 1550 valor per week.Whereas ppl like me u can get 700 conquest a week.so for people that do things this way,well,makes it harder to get Conquest then valor do u c my point here?

Valor is capped at 1000 per week so no, people can't get 1550 per week by doing that.
07/02/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Bladefang
This is just my personal opinion,but they got a good point for not trading Conq for Val.HOWEVER, some people are like me and only do bg's,not arenas.if u do bg's not arenas u get 100 conq, and thats if you win a bg that day.So I say make it like honor and justice.Oh and another thing,HoT gives 150 valor every run,not to mention the raid finder toolgives you 250 per run,SO u could get 150x7 plus 500 valor in a single day.Next week u can do the same thing wich gives 1550 valor per week.Whereas ppl like me u can get 700 conquest a week.so for people that do things this way,well,makes it harder to get Conquest then valor do u c my point here?

Actually you get 100 conquest for the first bg you win, and 50 for every bg thereafter (even though your honor panel doesn't show it) so the only one stopping you from getting 1650 conquest every week is yourself. Sure, it requires you to win 26 battleground every week (about 3-4 battlegrounds won every day) but it is possible.

Or, you could simply find a healer and do 2s for points like everybody else, and win 3 BGs for 100 points each and cap it as well.
Your logic is flawed. Just because conquest may be easier to acquire, doesn't mean its less important than Valor. They could always to what they have currently implemented and that's the justice to honor scenario (375justice for 250 valor). There's also a valor cap for the week (just just conquest) so for those who have been pvp'ing and want to switch over and not get trolled on for joining with either blues or pvp gear, its a good trade-off.

It would also give us something to do then just sit with 4k conquest in currrency with no means to do anything with it. They've made gems soulbound so we cant even make gold off of our commitment to the game. Give us something.
It takes about an hour to cap conquest points doing 2s. It used to take a LOT more time to max valor points doing raids + weekly dungeons.

But there is only one reason for this, Blizzard doesn't want people to be able to acquire raid gear outside of raids.. but now that they did the Black Market Auction House.. who knows.

You can get more conquest, but a full set of conquest gear take a hell of a lot more points than a set of valor gear.

Honestly, it doesn't. Maybe 5000 points more, only because you have weapons available for purchase with conquest points. Other than that the amount you need for a full set of armor is pretty comparable on both sides. The reason they don't want conquest convertible into valor is because they don't want a pvper to spend a minimal amount of time playing pve for pve rewards. Where as a raider can get conquest points for valor, albeit at a greater trade-off. Plus, (I'm fairly sure) we all know it takes a bit more familiarity with one's class and spec to pvp (and that's why less people do it). But maybe that's me being assuming.
06/28/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Keeblik
Why would you use a conquest trinket for PvE? Don't they all have half of their stat budgets devoted to either resilience or a CC breaker?

stat budgets and ilvl don't work like that anymore. A 483 trinket is actually not a terrible way to go starting out. Obviously you replace it once LFR and/or darkmoon cards start dropping for you but for initial heroics and getting into LFR, they do well enough. Especially if you reforge the one to more hit which is usually an issue.