Embersilk farming.

Professions
At the risk of giving away any special spots, im going to ask you all where is the best place to farm embersilk. I know I could go through a dungeon, but 9/10 the tank moves to fast and I gots no time to loot so its loot or dps. I looked at thootbot and it said in uldum im just trying to confirm that, as well as get suggestions for better places.

im a new 85 so armor isnt any great shakes yet.
Potion of Treasure Finding is the first step for you in farming! Farming the right areas not only nets you not only an excellent drop rate of cloth, but the Tiny Treasure Chest from this potion can easily add up to almost double your cloth totals!

I recommend either the Stone Trogg groups just south of Needlerock Slag in Deepholm or the undead village in Tol Barad. If you learn to kill fast enough and in large groups, you can easily net 30+ chests per hour of farming.

However, be sure to check your server's AH for cloth prices. It may well be worth your time to just buy the cloth outright if you can afford it, because the DE results can quickly sell and recoup your costs.
These is a cave in Deepholme, a quest sends you in there. Avalanchion's cave I think but I can't remember. This cave has many groups, each group has 3-4 humanoids usually fighting an elemental. The drop tables in the cave are awesome, I have farmed many blue quality patterns in them on my main. As Fench suggested use the pot. of treasure finding and then go in that cave for an hour. You won't regret it.
Deepholm is awesome. I try to go when I can multi-task drops, eg. ears for DMF, lovely charms along with all the goodies that trolls drop. I'll try that cave next time. Thanks for that.

As a new 85, he may have trouble in TB - the mobs there hit kinda hard and there may be gangs of roaming gankers. But if you can endure that, the reputation rewards are excellent there. At least do all the dailies offered while cloth farming.

Deepholm is like level 82 so should all die in a mage's AoE. Good luck!

Tol Barad, I think the area is called "The Restless Front" or forgotten front something like that. Anyway there are solidiers fighting each other there. Their HP are really low and they respawn really fast.

I popped a treasure finding potion on my Mage (who is a tailor for the extra cloth drops) after the 1 hour potion wore off and i opened the treasure chests, my results were:

478 embersilk cloth
26 assorted volatiles
4 green items
4 pyrite ore
183g from looting and selling vendor trash drops

All in all not bad for 1 hour of farming. The only thing that can suck is that, there is sometimes a daily for killing those mobs. On those days i don't bother.
Be careful with the Restless Front mobs, though, not to kill one without tagging the other. If you do, the surviving one will reset to full health.
03/01/2012 03:23 AMPosted by Hevnfire
so its loot or dps

Then loot. If they dont like it ask them to slow down. Worst case they kick you, but you got plenty of cloth.

As others have said, potion of treasure finding and tol barad mobs. Grab the dailies and do them while you are at it.
Potion of Treasure Finding is the first step for you in farming! Farming the right areas not only nets you not only an excellent drop rate of cloth, but the Tiny Treasure Chest from this potion can easily add up to almost double your cloth totals!

I recommend either the Stone Trogg groups just south of Needlerock Slag in Deepholm or the undead village in Tol Barad. If you learn to kill fast enough and in large groups, you can easily net 30+ chests per hour of farming.

However, be sure to check your server's AH for cloth prices. It may well be worth your time to just buy the cloth outright if you can afford it, because the DE results can quickly sell and recoup your costs.
This. They also drop a lot of lv.77-79 greens as well... which demands a higher price at the AH.
It's not a big secret in this forum. Take a Potion of Treasure finding and go AOE the troggs in Deepholm. Profit.
03/02/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Searc
I did this the other day.. One potion got me 4 chests... and I'm not that slow LOL

Bad luck can, and does, happen. I've gotten just a few, I've gotten more than 60, it's hard to call the RNG. My personal record was in the 70's on my warlock using Seed.

That being said, if you were killing fast enough to clear all the major groups before they can start respawning, there's no reason you shouldn't see 25+ chests in an hour.

^this....is for real.this system is one of the best ive seen for farming embersilk cloth.
Fish the shipwreck debris at the Darkmoon Faire island. Toss the "fun" crap that comes from the crates and rofl at the cloth ore and potions that you find.

My bags were full in no time.
Fish the shipwreck debris at the Darkmoon Faire island. Toss the "fun" crap that comes from the crates and rofl at the cloth ore and potions that you find.

My bags were full in no time.

True this is a good once a month gathering spot. However, timing is everything. I was able to make rounds about 4am server time and get about 12 crates in one round. I went back about 8 and there were 5 other people making circles and I was only able to get one crate.
My personal favorite (current ) methode of making gold setting aside proffsions and the AH Shuffle
Time Required: 1 hour

The best place i've found to make lots of cash is via embersilk cloth (3g-4g each on my server) from the stone troggs in Deepholme. I clear 70 spaces in my bags and go find the troggs, 4 to 7 will be fighting friendlies.

Get a food buff going, a gaurdian elixer ( the one that heals over time), and a Treasure find potion and whatever is the best Battle Elixer for your class / spec. ( also respecing to a high dps aoe build will help) ideally you want a DOT with stacking type of spell.

Run to troggs AOE / DOT spam, run to next group AOE / DOT bring the 2 groups toghther ( the freindlies will follow) AOE /DOT. Try to do a big circle doing one two or evan 10 sets of mobs. Run around and collect your loot and Small treasure chests while the friendlies are killing the last of the mobs,.

The chest containe up to about 5 gold , various elements, pyrite ore, and some greens and blues and between 2 and 15 embersilk :)

Kill rate is the most important thing (ie the buffing). Also dont wait to fly to another area where there are clusters of mobs rather than "getting the last group" in an area.

In one hour i can kill about 600 mobs ( figured by 5% drop rate of the small treasure chests)cloth 20 to 25 stacks ( both lootd and from treasure chests )30 to 40 treasure chests,

Boxes always equal to or greater than my normal drops.
Potion costs are coverd many times over.
Have fun, Lokki

ps this is not boring till you have did it 10 times or so. I usally make 250g+ between boxxes and looted cash and grays. embersilk : 20 to 25 stacks @ 80g per stack greans : 12 to 15 unkown value I wait till i have a hundred or more then send to guild mate. Elements i dont count i just send them to my AH alt when i get over 200
03/02/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Fench
I did this the other day.. One potion got me 4 chests... and I'm not that slow LOL

Bad luck can, and does, happen. I've gotten just a few, I've gotten more than 60, it's hard to call the RNG. My personal record was in the 70's on my warlock using Seed.

That being said, if you were killing fast enough to clear all the major groups before they can start respawning, there's no reason you shouldn't see 25+ chests in an hour.

Yup.

My high was 61, low was 23 I think. Average is around 35 or so I would think an hour doing the Trogs in DH.

You can fish the junk pools in Tol Barad and get some decent amounts of Cloth from the crates.

Those pools and the Eel pools share... so decent fishing money to be had in that zone.

(Also.... I assume you did the scavenging quest in Northrend?)
There's also the Verlok stand, drop rate of cloth is low, but the mobs r amazing...they're up on a bridge like thing if u get to some kind of rock looking thing with red spikes coming out of them go up on yer flying mount and there they r...mobs big and high spawn rate
Afua:
As Fench suggested use the pot. of treasure finding and then go in that cave for an hour.

I read to the period after "pot" and thought the sentence was over.

Duuuuuude, have you tried this stuff? I can see, like, embersilk everywhere!