Metagaming

Emerald Dream
Post Limit:
Just a reminder to those who RP already knowing someone's name. That's called metagaming!

In role-playing games, metagaming can be defined as any out of character action made by a player's character which makes use of knowledge that the character is not meant to be aware of. (Metagaming while taking part in relatively competitive games, or those with a more serious tone, is typically not well received, because a character played by a metagamer does not act in a way that reflects the character's in-game experiences and back-story.)

Try to cut back on it, please!
Hai, Fuji.
02/19/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Raknashaw
Hai, Fuji.

UHM, DO I KNOW YOU?
02/19/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Fuji
Hai, Fuji.

UHM, DO I KNOW YOU?

No, but I mysteriously have knowledge of your name due to it floating a foot above your head.

That's not meta-gaming, right?
Though there is always the case if you've made your character an important figure like head of a house, or famous war veteran people might know who you are before actually meeting you. Of say if you were Exalted with your factions forces, your name would be bandied about.
Well, Sylvanas gave my guild permission to occupy the Forsaken Rear Guard, so you should know my name by now.
02/20/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Pustule
Well, Sylvanas gave my guild permission to occupy the Forsaken Rear Guard, so you should know my name by now.

I would love to occupy her rear guard.
I used to hate this so much when I rped... ( I don't RP on WoW, but I've rped in many other places in the past ) My favorites were people who'd say things like; "WELL I KNOW YOU'RE NAME CUZ IM TELEPATHNIC!!!!!!11!!1" [ Typos intended. ]
02/20/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Raknashaw

UHM, DO I KNOW YOU?

No, but I mysteriously have knowledge of your name due to it floating a foot above your head.

That's not meta-gaming, right?

Who are you, that is so wise in the ways of science?