Warlock Affliction Haste Cap?

Warlock
Post Limit:
Is there a Haste Cap for Affliction Warlocks?
I keep reading that 2681 haste rating is what its capped at or that anything about 30% haste raid buffed is useless.
Should I be reforging my haste to crit or mastery once I get to the 2681 rating?
go full haste
Haste until your face falls off. Just don't sacrifice int for it.
Affliction locks want all haste all the time. If you are hit capped and can't reforge something to haste, do crit. If a socket bonus is less than 20 int/30 haste, socket full int, otherwise socket in haste/hit as well.
there are haste caps yes, but haste is still the best 2ndary even after you pass threshholds. Mastery is terrible unless your multi dotting all fight, and crit is just meh rngy.
Wait so mastery is just useless then? im new at warlocks lol.
mastery isint useless just

you want your dots to tick more, you get that extra tick from haste rather than get that few hundred from mastery.

pve Intellect > Spell Hit Cap (17%) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

pvp Intellect > Resilience > 4% Spell Hit > 195 Spell Penetration > Haste > Crit > Mastery

its not a bad stat just a low one.
Reasoning of Affliction lock secondary stat weights:

Haste at #1. Why? Makes DoTs tick more often. Speeds up the cast of UA/Haunt/Shadow Bolt to get DoTs hitting harder sooner. There is no cap because you always want them to be faster, harder, stronger.

Crit at #2. Why? Gives a chance of your spells to hit harder, not just DoTs, but Shadow Bolt and Haunt as well. Even sexier because things like Cunning of the Cruel can also crit, and that Shadow Bolt Volley hits hard. With Everlasting Affliction, and secondary stats favoring Crit over Mastery, UA and Corruption will be critting for double damage roughly 50% of the time.

Mastery at DEAD LAST. Why? It adds a minor base increase to your DoT damage, and only your DoT damage, so it is only effecting about 60% of your DPS.

For an aff lock, haste and crit simply have much more synergy than mastery. More ticks, more chances to crit, profit.
03/18/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Zorrthal
Wait so mastery is just useless then? im new at warlocks lol.

It's not useless. It's just that so much of Affliction damage is unaffected by mastery that it falls behind the other two secondary stats.
just saying... mastery > crit > haste in afflic while using drain life as a filler is viable with top end gear. it's not gonna blow everyone's dps out of the water, but it's not horrible and you'll beat most people if you're good at cancelling channels to get casts off. plus it's cool to see my top 4 dmg abilities all be DOTs :D
is this pre or post tuesday patch?

I think it's about time we dump prepatch information in favor of post patch information... unless it remains the same. I'm not sure, I'm not much of an affliction gnome.
08/25/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Ganador
just saying... mastery > crit > haste in afflic while using drain life as a filler is viable with top end gear. it's not gonna blow everyone's dps out of the water, but it's not horrible and you'll beat most people if you're good at cancelling channels to get casts off. plus it's cool to see my top 4 dmg abilities all be DOTs :D

Whoa wait what? Viable as in....still useless but you sometimes beat more useless specs/classes?
I have 3881 Haste in my Affliction reforge, was trying to figure out what I should do with excess but everything I see myself says to keep all of it.
08/25/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Methodic
I have 3881 Haste in my Affliction reforge, was trying to figure out what I should do with excess but everything I see myself says to keep all of it.

Two things:

1. BW is bad except for Spine as destro/afflic
2. Greater Speed instead of Mighty Intellect on bracers is bad
1. The night I had to miss a raid H Cunning dropped, no others have dropped since,
I use DMC: V alternatively for when I play Destro.

2. Just using this until I get the Heroic Hagara bracers.
08/25/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Methodic
2. Just using this until I get the Heroic Hagara bracers.

So you're only willing to use expensive enchants on BiS?